Photo

ever been to a prison? Visited or locked up.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 118,562 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

I never have. Never been arrested, never been to jail. Never known anyone I would want to visit in a prison.

#2 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

I have been arrested, but I never spent a night or had to be in a cell with anyone

#3 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Not I.  My brother went through the "scared straight" program. It didn't work.

#4 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,213 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Your mom.

Being an ass hole is all part of my manly essence

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it..

#5 supermike80

supermike80

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,345 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

Nope...never have.  Picked up a couple peeps from county over the years..But that's the worst of it.

If you are going to debate me on this bulletin board,

start with this premise..

You win.  And I don't care.

#6 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,237 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

It's probably a lot like the Army.

Using that "who's been irritating me less" criteria seven months in.... still not Trump and his fans. I grew up with these people. I understand them. They actually seem normal, surprising as it may seem to you. These liberals on the other hand: cop bashing, white shaming, trannie loving, kneeling during the national anthem. Fock them. They're the ones that really freak me out and it's not even close to being close.

---
Posting in this place year after year devolves us all into something similar to Lord of the Flies. 

#7 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,708 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

Not sure what counts, spent the night in county one night when I was 19.  

#8 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,326 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:01 AM

Yup, but not as a visitor or an inmate. Part of my fake job and no not visiting criminal defendants

#9 posty

FF Geek

• Members
  • 36,931 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

Nope...

#10 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 118,562 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:03 AM

Not sure what counts, spent the night in county one night when I was 19.  

To me that's jail. short term.

I am talking prison, long term.

#11 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 118,562 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:04 AM

Yup, but not as a visitor or an inmate. Part of my fake job and no not visiting criminal defendants

so that's not visiting? what would you call it?

#12 kilroy69

kilroy69

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,296 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

I went on a tour of death row when I was in the 6th grade. No one even believes me. The warden of the Ga diagnostic center in Jackson ga was my classmates dad. They arranged it. It had a profound impact on me. I have never been in trouble with the cops other than moving violations.
Its still not a hummingbird.

#13 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,247 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:14 AM

I spent a week in LA County Jail

scary place

clerical error

Prof Stats- 12 man PPR Superflex, 4pt passing, 2 Keeps

QB- Mariota (4), Semian (FA)

RB- Leveon (K), Gordon (K), TWest (6), Thompson (10), Carson (12)

WR- Crabtree (2), Hill (T), Coleman (5), JJNelson (FA)

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

IR- Coleman (5), Woodhead (7)

#14 LOD01

LOD01

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:17 AM

I went on a tour of death row when I was in the 6th grade. No one even believes me. The warden of the Ga diagnostic center in Jackson ga was my classmates dad. They arranged it. It had a profound impact on me. I have never been in trouble with the cops other than moving violations.

if I recall correctly, in grade school we got to visit a local prison for a field trip. The part I remember was when they said, stay against the wall when we walk thru the cell area because they will try and reach out to grab you. Of course, that was back in the 70s. No fun in school like that today. It would somehow be classified as grade schoolers taunting the less fortunate.

FBG is a shithole.

#15 fandandy

fandandy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

Never prison but jail a few times.  My longest stint was I think 21 days but I got to serve weekends.  It was Gladwin county so it wasn't bad at all, just humiliating.  Every Friday when I got there I had to strip, turn around, bend over, spread my cheeks and cough.  

That was after my 2nd DUI.  My potential third I fled the scene after backing into some dudes truck totally wasted drunk.  Had I stuck around my PO told me I would have spent at least 18 months in a state jail which he said would have sucked, big time, so wink wink, it's a good thing you fled the scene.

Sober now though, thank God.

#16 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,247 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

Never prison but jail a few times.  My longest stint was I think 21 days but I got to serve weekends.  It was Gladwin county so it wasn't bad at all, just humiliating.  Every Friday when I got there I had to strip, turn around, bend over, spread my cheeks and cough.  

That was after my 2nd DUI.  My potential third I fled the scene after backing into some dudes truck totally wasted drunk.  Had I stuck around my PO told me I would have spent at least 18 months in a state jail which he said would have sucked, big time, so wink wink, it's a good thing you fled the scene.

Sober now though, thank God.

reported, that was my truck

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

#17 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 52,326 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

so that's not visiting? what would you call it?

Working.

#18 dain11279

dain11279

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,837 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:01 PM

You ever been to a Turkish prison?

This thread is gayer than my dad.

#19 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 118,562 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

You ever been to a Turkish prison?

Just for the sex

#20 kilroy69

kilroy69

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,296 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

if I recall correctly, in grade school we got to visit a local prison for a field trip. The part I remember was when they said, stay against the wall when we walk thru the cell area because they will try and reach out to grab you. Of course, that was back in the 70s. No fun in school like that today. It would somehow be classified as grade schoolers taunting the less fortunate.

this is pretty much what happened. I remember walking a yellow line. This was the early 80s. Before the pussification of America

#21 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,067 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

Prison Talk is a great thing on youtube.  These things are pretty addicting.

“We’ve fulfilled far more promises than we’ve promised,” the president said. “I call it promises plus.”

#22 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,055 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

Hell yea, of course - no self respecting Messcan has ever not been in the can. :bandana:

#23 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 118,562 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

Hell yea, of course - no self respecting Messcan has ever not taken it in the can. :bandana:

:wub:

#24 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:47 PM

Havent been arrested but went to prison. Had that job shadow day at high school and the guy I was shadowing was a public defender. He went to the prison to talk to one of his clients. The guy I was shadowing was the dad of an older girl I went to school with. Me and her ended up dating for a while when I went to college

#25 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 45,319 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

Visited a college friend in lockup; he was from a rich family in Juarez (south of El Paso) where apparently the concept of getting a license and/or registration for a motorcycle was optional...  near as I can recall he was let go with no punishment, I presume his rich parents greased the way.  Only time I've been to a police station. 

"I wouldnt even consider sitting out, I love pedo threads." -- tanatastic

#26 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:13 PM

How did it change you? IIRC you still do illegal/risky stuff.

As to the OP, never been in prison. Worked with a former inmate, who recommended I never join a chain gang. Also I was placed in a holding cell once, as the cops thought my usual teenage speeding/reckless driving was an attempt to evade arrest.

#27 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Never been to prison. I've never visited anyone in prison.

But I've played basketball in prison. We used to bring a group of guys from the YMCA over to the correctional facility in town and play against prisoners. It was like a huge benefit that they all worked really hard to be able to do.
A lot of athletic guys but shouldn't be a surprise they didn't always make great decisions.
Kid i wish i could buy you at what youre really worth and sell you for what you think youre worth
Mickey Mantle to Joe Pepitone.

#28 GobbleDog

GobbleDog

FF Geek

• Members
  • 27,500 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

My buddy got locked up overnight a couple years ago.... domestic dispute. He took his wife's crap and threw it on the lawn. Neighbor called the cops.

He said he explained to the cop that the wife went nuts and he didn't hit her... just tossed all her crap out. He said the cop was really cool and just about to leave when he said "let me ask you one thing.... got any firearms in the house?"  My buddy said "Yes sir, they're locked in my safe."  Cop says "Sorry bro... you gotta come with me."

They've since divorced - she was messing around.  Tip to the world - domestic dispute and cop asks if you have a gun in the house... say "no."

#29 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 58,996 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:53 PM

Several while auditing the agency that provided services/ jobs for inmates (building furniture for state offices, clothing/uniforms for guards and inmates, and farming...several prisons have cattle and a dairy).

#30 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Never been to prison. I've never visited anyone in prison.

But I've played basketball in prison. We used to bring a group of guys from the YMCA over to the correctional facility in town and play against prisoners. It was like a huge benefit that they all worked really hard to be able to do.
A lot of athletic guys but shouldn't be a surprise they didn't always make great decisions.

Yeah you're definitely in Iowa. Fock doing that in Florida.

#31 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

My buddy got locked up overnight a couple years ago.... domestic dispute. He took his wife's crap and threw it on the lawn. Neighbor called the cops.

He said he explained to the cop that the wife went nuts and he didn't hit her... just tossed all her crap out. He said the cop was really cool and just about to leave when he said "let me ask you one thing.... got any firearms in the house?"  My buddy said "Yes sir, they're locked in my safe."  Cop says "Sorry bro... you gotta come with me."

They've since divorced - she was messing around.  Tip to the world - domestic dispute and cop asks if you have a gun in the house... say "no."

In Florida I think if there is a domestic dispute call someone HAS to go to jail.

#32 the s is ilent

the s is ilent

FF Geek

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

Buddy went through the scared straight program.

Before he was introduced to the inmates he was warned to leave anything of value at home and wear chitty shoes. Corrections officer - "they like stealing the shoes off your feet"

#33 kilroy69

kilroy69

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,296 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

How did it change you? IIRC you still do illegal/risky stuff.

As to the OP, never been in prison. Worked with a former inmate, who recommended I never join a chain gang. Also I was placed in a holding cell once, as the cops thought my usual teenage speeding/reckless driving was an attempt to evade arrest.

I bang wh0res. That is literally the only risky thing I do in my life. Other than drive I94 twice a day. 

#34 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,116 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:38 PM

In Florida I think if there is a domestic dispute call someone HAS to go to jail.

California same way. Alcoholic ex gf one time came home loaded ready to fight. Took some sissy slaps at me for no reason, I just let her do her thing and calmed her down. Cops got called by neighbor. They came, asked if I hit her, said no of course not and everything was fine. They asked her, I was scared to death she would lie and say I did. She didnt and instead admitted to baby slapping me. They said if theres a domestic call and someone got physical they HAVE to take someone away. She spent the night in jail and got out the next day and we pretty much laughed it off.

Side note: One of the dipstick officers made a comment like I guess its not really workin out.. Mind your business Ahole, you dont know crap.

#35 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,247 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

so im the only one

you all a bunch of soft focks, I am hard

says your mom

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

#36 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

I bang wh0res. That is literally the only risky thing I do in my life. Other than drive I94 twice a day. 

And I thought you smoked pot...thats still illegal in MI, correct?

#37 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

so im the only one

you all a bunch of soft focks, I am hard

says your mom

I participated in our Senior Skip Day in high school. I was gone for 5 minutes and I asked my buddy to take me back to school before anyone noticed.hah

Come at me bro!!
Kid i wish i could buy you at what youre really worth and sell you for what you think youre worth
Mickey Mantle to Joe Pepitone.

#38 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 62,430 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:03 AM

Not I.  My brother went through the "scared straight" program. It didn't work.

Still gay?
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#39 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,067 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:00 AM

Side note: One of the dipstick officers made a comment like I guess its not really workin out.. Mind your business Ahole, you dont know crap.

Pretty sure he was trying to help you out.

“We’ve fulfilled far more promises than we’ve promised,” the president said. “I call it promises plus.”

#40 kilroy69

kilroy69

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,296 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

And I thought you smoked pot...thats still illegal in MI, correct?

smoking pot in Michigan is not a risky behavior. We have a medical law and the cops don't care. It might not even make it to the next election cycle to get voted on. Republicans here see the gold Rush and want in.