Photo

Is someone at Rotoworld related to Brice Butler or will he break out this year?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,240 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

Rotoworld has a serious mancrush on this guy.

Free agent WR Brice Butler has visits lined up with the Bears, Seahawks, Jaguars, and Cardinals over the next two weeks.
Butler's market has been nonexistent to this point despite averaging 21.1 yards per catch last season. The problem was he caught just 15 balls in a minuscule role with the Cowboys, who for some reason refused to play him significant snaps. Butler is long on talent. We'd love to see him in a more prominent offensive role with an aggressive coach and quarterback.

http://www.rotoworld...08/brice-butler

Every single rotoworld blurb about Butler is like this. What does rotoworld know that the 32 nfl teams do not know?

Steeler's Fan

#2 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

Of the available WR, I think he's a guy that can be signed as a WR 3 or 4 but has some upside. I think he was viewed as the replacement for Dez whenever he went down, and was cast into that role. He wasn't given much of a chance to establish himself based on his talents, and was more forced to be a Dez clone. I don't think he's a WR#1 in waiting, but he could be a solid starter if given a chance.  

#3 sirensong

sirensong

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

someone's pet cat, i'm guessing.  i'd further predict that whoever is making those assessments are just doing so from occasional highlights, rather than closely observing the player.  those people who have put time into assessing butler have all come to the same conclusion: enough speed and size to make an impact as a complimentary WR, but not enough technique, desire, or grit to step up into the WR1 role and defeat coverage corners.

dez has been hurt a lot, giving butler plenty of chances to shine on the big stage.  his performance in that role has been consistently mediocre.

#4 sirensong

sirensong

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Of the available WR, I think he's a guy that can be signed as a WR 3 or 4 but has some upside. I think he was viewed as the replacement for Dez whenever he went down, and was cast into that role. He wasn't given much of a chance to establish himself based on his talents, and was more forced to be a Dez clone. I don't think he's a WR#1 in waiting, but he could be a solid starter if given a chance.  

this is an interesting counterpoint.  i don't know that i buy it, but it's worthy of consideration.  

#5 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,267 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

I have always been intrigued by the physical tools, but man there are a lot of receivers like that who never become anything consistent. I never focus on Dallas games, but it seemed like he did his job decently. Enough so that his physical ability should have netted more than 15 catches. Also, Garrett doesn't seem like a very good head coach.

Rotoworld despises some guys and loves others, even if they have similar career arcs. Who knows why

#6 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,836 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:38 PM

I have always been intrigued by the physical tools, but man there are a lot of receivers like that who never become anything consistent. I never focus on Dallas games, but it seemed like he did his job decently. Enough so that his physical ability should have netted more than 15 catches. Also, Garrett doesn't seem like a very good head coach.

Rotoworld despises some guys and loves others, even if they have similar career arcs. Who knows why

they are fantasy geeks

you know the guy that writes about him probably owns him in dynasty and still trying to justify that breakout after he wouldn't include Butler in a deal that could have landed him Nuk

Prof Stats- 12 man PPR Superflex, 4pt passing, 2 Keeps

QB- Mariota (4), Semian (FA)

RB- Leveon (K), Gordon (K), TWest (6), Thompson (10), Carson (12)

WR- Crabtree (2), Hill (T), Coleman (5), JJNelson (FA)

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

IR- Coleman (5), Woodhead (7)

#7 Mike FF Today

Mike FF Today

Administrator

• Admin
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

He heard us talking about him. Sounds like he's headed to Arizona.

Follow me to the best fantasy draft program in the business.

Like FFToday on Facebook | Follow FFToday on Twitter

#8 weepaws

weepaws

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:37 PM

He will get a shot too start in Zona. But I don't see there being much when it comes too anyone on the team producing much not named D Johnson.

And even Johnson ff points won't match his adp.
Godswillbedone

Isaiah 12:2. Luke 14:23. Daniel 4:37. 2 Kings 17:39. Nahum 1:7.
Psalm 34:18. Ezra 8:22. 2 Corinthians 1:3. Ezekiel 36:26. Matthew 7:24-25
1 John 3:16. Lamentations 3:25. Proverbs 10:27. Ephesians 6:13 Ezekiel 18:21-22
Proverbs 15:29. Proverbs 18:12. 1 John 2:1-2. Ephesians 6:19. 2 Timothy 2:3-4
Proverbs 23:12. Psalm 121:7-8. Ephesians 1:7. Deuteronomy 28:11-13. Romans 10:10.
2 Peter 3:9. Isaiah 5:21. Proverbs 11:2. Matthews 5:16. Romans 12:14
Psalm 58:11. Ezekiel 33:11-13. Hosea 14:9. Psalm 100:4. Romans 14:9.
John 3:3-7. Philippians 2:11. Titus 2:11-14. Ephesians 4:2. Romans 11:33
1 Timothy 1:15. Psalm 119:6. Proverbs 22:4. Psalm 46:1. Romans 12:17-21

#9 Ray_T

Ray_T

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

Rotoworld has a serious mancrush on this guy.

http://www.rotoworld...08/brice-butler

Every single rotoworld blurb about Butler is like this. What does rotoworld know that the 32 nfl teams do not know?

keep in mind, when they speak of him being long on talent, that is compared to other WR4 on other teams.

lots of these reviews are done in the context of the role they have played.

so if he has WR2 upside, yes, he's long on talent (compared to what he's been used for so far)

I think there is some upside, but dont go drafting him as a fantasy starter.

Draft him for what his stats show or maybe slightly higher than what his stats show.

in this case, you can probably get him as a waiver wire pickup unless you are in a really deep draft or dynasty draft.  Even then probably a waiver wire pickup.

what you want to do is pull a scouting report and see where his strengths are, and if the new team looks like they can take advantage of his strengths, and you see signs that he may be a starter on that team, then you pick him up and stash him.  Maybe you wait to see if he shows signs of a breakout in week 1 or 2 before picking him up, or see how he looks in pre season first, but this isnt a guy I'd spend a ton on.  (not yet anyways)

for me, I'd put him on my 'players to watch' list.   if things look good, I may pick him up.

3 keeper, 12 team league Standard scoring with QB getting -1 pt for an interception & fumbles 5 points for a defensive safety & 6 points for a defensive TD.

Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, one Def/Sp Tms

Also expert Fly Fisherman and story teller.