Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Last Man Standing Cancelled. Cons Ticked

Never watched the show. Didn't know it was still on. Didn't know it was 'conservative'.

But apparently conservative people are mad.

Lest we need to remind them of Tool Man's criminal past.

I swear, they could cancel 3/4 of the shows on TV and I wouldn't know - or care.

But, while we're cancelling things, how many bites of the same apple are we going to give George Lopez? Or should I say whacks at the same pinata?

"Seeee? Isn't it FUUUUNNNNY? Because I'm MESSICAN! SEEE"

Yeah, we see, and no, it's never been funny.

Watched a few of the first episodes when it came out. Every week they would introduce a new character so the premise died right away. No wait, that's last man on earth, dif show.

Never seen it.

Never watched the show. Didn't know it was still on. Didn't know it was 'conservative'.

But apparently conservative people are mad.

Lest we need to remind them of Tool Man's criminal past.

I swear, they could cancel 3/4 of the shows on TV and I wouldn't know - or care.

But, while we're cancelling things, how many bites of the same apple are we going to give George Lopez? Or should I say whacks at the same pinata?

"Seeee? Isn't it FUUUUNNNNY? Because I'm MESSICAN! SEEE"

Yeah, we see, and no, it's never been funny.

As a conservative, I think it's horrible that they shut it down because of the content even though it had good ratings, but as a critic, it was just another formulaic lame sit-com.

It IS however a signpost, to the Twilight Zone. :ninja:

only heard of this cause of some broad getting fired complaining saying why do the keep all the LGBT agenda shows on the air and cancel this despite its highest ratings of the night

I've bits and pieces from it...(My heterosexual life partner loved the show...I think)

Either way, what little I saw I found pretty damn funny :dunno:

Had no idea about the political aspects until today. (no, not from you, Wiff)

This show is funny... The shots on Obama and Hillary and other liberals just made it even better...

Why doesn't Fox pick it up? Problem solved. :dunno:

I know it was a joke, but in all seriousness, they have been talking that CMT could be looking at it since they show it in syndication already...

What about Last Comic Standing.

Fox resurrects it...

http://deadline.com/2018/05/last-man-fox-seventh-season-tim-allen-1202388669/

It’s official: Last Man Standing will be back. A year after it was canceled by ABC, Fox has closed deals to bring back the multi-cam comedy starring Tim Allen for premiere during the 2018-2019 season.

The bulk of the show’s core cast is back, including Allen, Nancy Travis, Jonathan Adams, Amanda Fuller, Christoph Sanders and Jordan Masterson. I hear co-star Hector Elizondo also has a deal in place to come back. His casting is currently in second position to his NBC comedy pilot Guess Who Died who is not expected to go forward at the network.

As Deadline previously reported, LMS producer 20th Century Fox TV had been in talks with sibling Fox Broadcasting Co. for a new season of the series, which will be its seventh, with Allen locked in to return.

Created by Jack Burditt, Last Man Standing stars Allen as Mike Baxter, a married father of three girls, who tries to maintain his manliness in a world increasingly dominated by women.

Allen has been vocal about his disappointment over the cancellation of Last Man Standing by ABC and his hope to see it come back.

“Excited?,” he said today. “Team LMS was in the sixth inning, ahead by four runs, stands were packed and then for no reason, they call off the game. It leaves you sitting in the dugout, holding a bat and puzzled. Now we get the news from Fox that it’s time to get back out on that diamond – hell yes, I’m excited!

When I heard the offer to create more episodes of Last Man Standing, I did a fist pump so hard I threw my back out. It’s the fans! I could not be more grateful for the fans who wrote petitions and kept up the passion and incredible support for the show,” he continued. “And a fist pump, ouch, for Dana Walden and Gary Newman at Fox for not only listening to the fans, but for making the bold move to bring Last Man Standing back. I’m sure audiences will be curious to see what we look like after all these years. Oh, has it only been one year? Well, just goes to show you – a lot can happen in a year.”

Last Man Standing was ABC’s second most-watched comedy, after Modern Family, averaging 8.3 million viewers in Live + 7 for the 2016-2017 season. Among the key Adults 18-49 demographic, the series averaged a 1.7/7. The series ranked as the No. 1 new program across all syndication when it debuted off-net during the 2016-2017 season.

“Last Man Standing ended too soon and the outcry from the fans has been deafening,” said Gary Newman and Dana Walden, Chairmen and CEOs, Fox Television Group. “We’ve wanted to put the show back together since its final taping a year ago, and Tim never gave up hope either. Thanks to its millions of devoted viewers and the irrepressible Tim Allen, we haven’t seen the last of Last Man Standing.”

Fox actually seriously considered rescuing Last Man Standing last May, following its surprise cancellation by ABC after six seasons. Fox brass tried to fit Last Man Standing into the schedule but couldn’t find a way to do it. Fox had been out of the multi-camera business for a while and didn’t have a multi-camera comedy to pair the now-canceled Last Man with. This development season, Fox put an emphasis on multi-camera comedies with several pilots, Rel, The Cool Kids, both of which were ordered to series, and the recently ordered untitled Rob McElhenney & Rob Rosell project, which also is set in middle America.

Last summer, there was one more attempt to find a home for Last Man Standing at CMT, which had had success with the sitcom’s reruns, though talks did not result in a deal.

Efforts to resurrect Last Man Standing were reignited by the success of ABC’s Roseanne revival this spring. Besides a star of a popular 1990s ABC sitcom (Roseanne‘s Roseanne Barr and Home Improvement‘s Allen), the two shows also share leads who both are supporters of President Donald Trump and reflect views rarely seen in scripted TV series.

The cancellation of Last Man Standing was met with very strong reaction from fans last May. It became a rallying cry for conservatives, with a petition launched that called for ABC to bring back “a show that appeals to a broad swath of Americans who find very few shows that extol the virtues with which they can identify; namely conservative values.” A year later, the petition has amassed 438,000 signatures and there is still enthusiasm among LMS fans about the show coming back, especially following Roseanne‘s return.

Good call by Fox...

• Like 1

But then they cancel Brooklyn Nie-Nine. WTF???

Agree.

The could go ahead and nuke Family Guy instead.

Glad its bavk even though Ive never seen it. I just. Cant stand when good shows get canned for some new terrible shot in the dark show that will bomb anyway.

Glad its bavk even though Ive never seen it. I just. Cant stand when good shows get canned for some new terrible shot in the dark show that will bomb anyway.

The flip side happens all the time too though. Some piece of sh!t show that hasnt been good in years just keeps dragging on. Family guy, Simpsons, greys anatomy, etc.

This is great news. I missed this show on Friday nights. ABC really focked up on the cancellation of LMS. The two replacement shows couldn't even draw half the viewership or demographic of LMS. A stupid decision to kill off their comedy block on Friday's.

When is it on? Hopefully wiff and sho will watch it with the Trumpers. I look forward to the 30 minutes of this bored not sucking every week.

• Like 1

This is great news. I missed this show on Friday nights. ABC really focked up on the cancellation of LMS. The two replacement shows couldn't even draw half the viewership or demographic of LMS. A stupid decision to kill off their comedy block on Friday's.

Hint: if you want to kill something off? Schedule it for a Friday night.

When is it on? Hopefully wiff and sho will watch it with the Trumpers. I look forward to the 30 minutes of this bored not sucking every week.

I can probably rearrange a few things in pencil something in for say 3:15 to 3:45 on alternating Thursday mornings?

When is it on?

Upfronts are this week, so we will find out soon...

Reruns are on CMT at night during the week. Really funny show, glad it's back.

I don't watch much. I'll be here to keep the suck going.

Just saw our Kevin can wait was canceled too. Never watched it. I did see the story where they fired a perfectly good actress so Leah Remini could get her job back.

I'm sorry, after about the 50th so-called comedy with a fat stupid husband and a sassy wise hotwife, they all kind of blur together.

Tim Allen is getting the last laugh on ABC for cancelling "Last Man Standing" since Fox is winning the comedy battle over them on Friday nights.

8pm EST....

Last Man Standing (FOX) 1.4 in the 18-49 demo and 6.34 million total viewers

Fresh Off The Boat (ABC) 0.5 in the 18-49 demo and 2.76 million total viewers

I'm sorry, after about the 50th so-called comedy with a fat stupid husband and a sassy wise hotwife, they all kind of blur together.

This is like the sitcom the majority of GC members pretend to live every day.

Friday night is pretty much the death knell for sitcoms for some reason.

It's a dumping ground for all TV. Stuff the networks don't particularly care about, or occasionally want to kill because previous management supported it.

People are out more on Friday nights, so fewer are watching TV.

Now, if a new episode is airing on a Saturday night, that pretty much always means the network has already decided to kill the show and are burning off the shows that have already been filmed.