Sign in to follow this  
mcmill3

Draft Spot trade

I've been offered a first round pick, plus some, for my 2,3 and 4th round picks. Details below.

I get his following picks;

1.03, 4.10 and 7.03

I give him:

2.05, 3.08 and 4.05.

I have the 8th round pick as it stands, this would give me the 3rd spot as well in round one.

The draft Analyzer says I should make the trade, but it seems weird. This is a 12 Team Redraft league.

thoughts?

seems like an od trade...moving up to get tomlinson and then another #1 back seems like a great deal, but with no 2nd or third round picks your WR's will basically suck...he will have 4 of the top 36 players and you will only have 2....in a keeper league I might pull this trade to move up and get help where you're weak, but in a redraft...you have to keep your picks...hope that helped.

This is a very risky trade, but I think it could work for you.

You get a big 3 RB, then you could take best RB available or Manning. If you took Manning, you would have the best QB and possibly the best RB. That could really carry your team a long way IMO. While it's true you would not pick again until the 4th round, which could put you a little behind at some of the other positions (mainly WR and #2 RB), there are a few RBs that are falling pretty far that could have decent years (Jamal Lewis, Fred Taylor, Ahman Green, and Curtis Martin). WR can always be had late, and also on the waiver wire (usually there are a couple that come out of nowhere after the season starts).

Your opponent, while he will have 4 of the top 36 players, he will not have a pick until #17 (where there are a lot of ???).

Good Luck!!