Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Odell: To sell or not to sell.......

Wrong thread friend

Haha. Not really. I just dont believe in Beckham this year. He's talented for sure, but injuries and drama on what will prove to be a bad offense this year just scares me off.

These threads are funny.

Should you sell one of your studs at his absolute nadir? No!

No, no, NO!!!

The answer will always be no.

Got it? :wave:

He still has name brand value, and I'm wondering the same thing right now. I've got Crabtree and E. Sanders as my next 2 guys, but after that it gets sketchy. I'm thinking about trying to get someone with maybe a lower ceiling but a higher floor. The Giants' offense looks awful.

I mean why don't you start a focking thread asking "Should I sell my Amazon stock now that it's only worth $1?"

Nooooooo!!! NO! NO! NO!

Still no!

The OBJ owner in my league is 0-2 with only 140 pts and in last place.

I'm 2-0 with 207 pts in 2nd place, and I play him this week.

If you own OBJ and you're in a tight spot like this guy is, then it's absolutely something you should be thinking about.

If you're not, then might as well hold.

These threads are funny.

No, no, NO!!!

You are proving this is a perfect time to sell. There are people like you that will pay big for this injured nut case.

You are proving this is a perfect time to sell. There are people like you that will pay big for this injured nut case.

Of course I won't. I'll offer you pennies on the dollar and hope you're dumb enough to take it. If not, oh well.

I ain't giving you anything CLOSE to full value for him right now and that's the point. You're better off holding and hoping for the best

Giants started bad last year too, Obj was invisible. Look how his season ended. Relax people, he's yet to have a non dominant year. Then again, I drafted him and I can never get a 1st round pick to produce no matter how safe or can't miss they are.

Correction, they didn't start bad last year, they were 2-0, they just weren't scoring a lot on offense is what I should have said and Odell didn't have big games.

Giants started bad last year too, Obj was invisible. Look how his season ended. Relax people, he's yet to have a non dominant year. Then again, I drafted him and I can never get a 1st round pick to produce no matter how safe or can't miss they are.

This is why I'm attempting to buy. NYG look like a dumpster fire right now but it's week 2. Worth the risk if you can get him relatively cheap.

There are a few guys I go down with the ship, Bell, Brown, O'dell, to name a couple. Selling low vs having a superstar tanking your season doesn't change your championship odds all that much. Having one of those guys turn around a slow start does.

Odell is a Superstar WR on an offense that is struggling. Stay the course.

Green is a Superstar WR on an offense that is a dumpster fire. There's your sell if you can get anything for him.

Green is a Superstar WR on an offense that is a dumpster fire. There's your sell if you can get anything for him.

Giants OL and head coach are a dumpster fire therefore so is their offense.

Giants OL and head coach are a dumpster fire therefore so is their offense.

Do we assume it's going to be a dumpster fire all season?

I am not thrilled with the Giants Offense, but I ask one question:

Didnt Eli and Odell start slow last year too?

I was pretty sure his first game was weak and then he caught fire shortly thereafter.

He's a feast or famine player. 5 games with less than 60 receiving yards,

3 with 100+ yards, one of which was a 222 yard day.

the rest was in between.

I think this is normal for him. but your sample size is too small and you're worried he's not having a good year.

I'm pretty sure the right move is to hold him and not to panic.

I dont own him in my leagues, but if I did, that's what I'd do.

The OBJ owner in my league is 0-2 with only 140 pts and in last place.

I'm 2-0 with 207 pts in 2nd place, and I play him this week.

If you own OBJ and you're in a tight spot like this guy is, then it's absolutely something you should be thinking about.

If you're not, then might as well hold.

You think the reason he might only have 140 points so far is that his first round pick hasn't really been available the first two weeks?

I doubt he thinks he's in a tight spot. He probably thinks "now that I've got Beckham back, I'm gonna thrash the 2-0 dude who thinks he's hot ish."

Do we assume it's going to be a dumpster fire all season?

Even if it turned out to be just that way, there are many who would attest that the coach and OL were dumpster fires for all of 2016 and OBJ still had a fine season.

You think the reason he might only have 140 points so far is that his first round pick hasn't really been available the first two weeks?

I doubt he thinks he's in a tight spot. He probably thinks "now that I've got Beckham back, I'm gonna thrash the 2-0 dude who thinks he's hot ish."

good owners still find a way to make up for that, so he's not that far behind just because he hasn't gotten production from OBJ.

I had AJ Green and TY as my 2nd and 3rd rd picks, and I'm still doing great.

He very well may not be interested, but I only brought it up because I think its relevant to the thread. Whether or not OBJ is a trade target is going to be league to league depending on how the particular owner's team outlook is, and I think he is a trade target in a league like mine.

Thus, I encourage owners to look at their league and see if that is also the case there, that OBJ is on a poor team. If so, then I would encourage you to see him a trade target.

That's all I meant.

How does a ff owner make up for that?

I mean if your number one pick misses one full game and really did a walk through in his second game, how does someone make up for that?

I've been looking sideways at AJ Green on one of my rosters since I drafted him. He 'fell' to me at the end of the 2nd and I felt 'obligated'. And I had just missed Todd Gurley so I was sad.

But the market wasn't biting on him too hard so I'm 'stuck' with him for now.

Keep Odell. Buy medium on him if the Peacock Sprinkles owner in your league is scared. Once he's healthy, he'll be good and explosive again. Consistent? Maybe not, but he's good.

How does a ff owner make up for that?

I mean if your number one pick misses one full game and really did a walk through in his second game, how does someone make up for that?

ideally you had good picks later in the draft and knew to put them in at the appropriate time.

ie: i selected DJ first and TY 3rd. I misread the luck situation. Once i realized Luck was out, i sat TY and put in Diggs. that saved my week 1. CJ anderson saved my week 2 as another decent mid rounder. i'm hopeful later pickups Buck Allen, Chris Carson, and possibly other mid rounders derrick henry and/or doug martin help me past losing DJ. i'm hopeful to win the league despite unfortunate or bad drafting in the first 3 rounds

some owners probably robotically insert TY in week 1, etc

I was and still am terrified that we won't see much of Luck this season. At least Brisket came over to make them less terrible. But I'm still out on every non-Jacob doyle asset on that team.

Sell and get all you can for him.

I look at it like this OBJ is a blue chip for now.

The Giants are completely $hitting the bed this year.

Even if OBJ gets healthy, this team is horrible and he won't get the chance to bring you blue chip value on the field this year as expected.

So SELL and get what you can for him now while he is still a blue chip... get the goods for him

These threads are funny.

No, no, NO!!!

Bonus points for using the word 'nadir'. And I agree. Stupid to trade OBJ. He ALWAYS starts slow.

Sell and get all you can for him.

I look at it like this OBJ is a blue chip for now.

The Giants are completely $hitting the bed this year.

Even if OBJ gets healthy, this team is horrible and he won't get the chance to bring you blue chip value on the field this year as expected.

So SELL and get what you can for him now while he is still a blue chip... get the goods for him

I hate trading away a first round pick, but sometimes I think you need too.

I agree with you.

I'm not selling. Now that he's back he should be good for 8 to 10 targets game. That's plenty for him to make the team around him better.

What was the offer?

Coleman Beckham is the winner.

I'm considering Ajayi and Fitzgerald, for Tevin Coleman and Beckham. Is this an equal trade? Opinions?

It's close. It depends on what the rosters on both teams looks like.

I'm considering Ajayi and Fitzgerald, for Tevin Coleman and Beckham. Is this an equal trade? Opinions?

Don't do it. Too many doubts on everyone here but Coleman. And he's the 2 in a 1-2 punch backfield. The Beckham side wins this one...probably.

I wouldn't want anyone on the Giants this season

OBJ will be okay once he gets healthy but not up to his usual standards