3wr

1te

1def

We have on avg for backups:

1qb

2rb

3wr

1te

I do not put the kickers and def into the overall rankings.

Point system goes something like this:

qb: 1pt/4 comp

1pt/25yd passing

2pt/10yd rushing

td 1-9yd pass 4pts

10-19yd 6pts

20-29 yd 8pts

30-39yd 10pts

40-100 12pts

rb: 1pt/rec

1pt/10yd rush

2pt/10yd rec

td 1-9yd rush 6pt

10-19yd 8pt

20-29yd 10pt

30-39yd 12pt

40+ 15pt

wr: 1pt/rec

1pt/10yd rec

2pt/10yd rush

rec tds same as qb pass

te same as wr

Bonus categories go like this:

qb rush td 1-9yd 6pts then go down like pattern above ending at 15pts for 40+yds

rb rec td 1-9yd 8pt then go down like pattern above ending at 18pts for 40+yds

wr te rush td 1-9yd 6pt then do down like pattern above ending at 15pts for 40+yds.

Sorry that was lengthy. MY question to you is what should I make my backup numbers look like and also how should I draft, (median,last starter, compiler recommended) in order to produce an accurate spreadsheet? Taking into account my scoring system, I am not clear how the the two variables I need help with affect my spreadsheet. Your help would be greatly appreciated. My draft is not until the 25th of August so any help you could give before that would be great. Thanks and keep up the great work. Been with you guys for years.

Hi wchambe. This is an interesting scoring system, because the running for QB, receiving for backs and rushing for WR/TE (which would be minimal) are each worth a lot more than usual. Running QBs and pass catching RBs should really shoot up the board here.

I think the backups can be pretty similar to what you've got there. I might change slightly to QB = 1, RB = 2.5, WR = 2.5, TE = 1 … in part, because WR/TE values are depressed as mentioned.

In a start 1 QB league I think Compiler Recommended is the way to go. Run the results, and if you feel WR are ranked too high on the overall list, then you could ratchet them down a bit on the options tab by changing the baseline adjust factor from 1.0 to say, 0.9? Although you don't want to go too crazy there because it is a PPR league and you still don't want to be left out in the cold at WR.

This is a great league to use a custom cheat sheet for, because you fellow owners may not realize Colin Kaepernick is worth much more in this league that he would in typical performance scoring leagues, or Danny Woodhead at RB, for example. So you could still get stud WR early, if that is where the value is, and grab guys like these later and get a big advantage. Depends how savvy the other owners are.

How does compiler rec compare to median? It is my understanding that median allows for the most balanced team vs last starter and last player drafted but not sure how it compares to compiler rec. Can you elaborate a bit? Thank you for the advice earlier. Historically in my drafts the first 3 qbs are off the board in the first 6 picks and the way I am doing it as described above has Manning at 6 the others at 20-21. The other owners realize the significance of the bonus features on rb and wr. I just worry that according to this spreadsheet that at pick 5 I am going to have a tough choice on a top 3 rb or qb and the sheet is saying I should draft a top wr when historically they dont come off the board til end of the first round or early 2nd. Should I still get the top wr knowing that only 5-6 come off the board by the end of the 2nd round or do I grab the qb or rb and hope the a slightly lesser wr is there on the comeback even though the value pick is to get the wr? Seems to me I could let him slide a bit based on history but I am not sure this is the correct way to draft. What do you think? Thank you again very much I know this is a lot of questions but that will be the last of them.

Had to dig through the instructions a bit to find it, but find it I did. Here is more detail on the different overall ranking method options:

http://fftoday.com/draftbuddy/instructions.html#8

As for what direction to go in your draft, big picture, you should trust your instincts. Early in the draft, obviously everyone needs to make a trade off. If they go QB early, then they have to make up what they lost out on by passing on RB or WR early, and there is no chance/need to get a good starting quality QB at value later, since you already have your hopefully every week starter (except bye weeks).

The same applies to the other positions. So, if you feel good about getting a QB later on in the draft (i.e. I'm "happy" with Matt Ryan even though he is no Peyton Manning), then no matter what the league setup, it would make sense to pass on a Peyton, target a Matt Ryan … plus have some backup plans in place.

If you feel totally comfortable drafting running backs late, then more emphasis on WR early would make some sense. Or vice versa.

Looking at your scoring and rules, I personally would rather pass on a QB early (those guys are not the runners), and target a Colin Kaepernick later, and I'm not anywhere close to a CK supporter, but it seems he would do well in this scoring system. I think a solid pass catching RB early is the ideal early pick for this league.

Torn between Compiler and Median. I am thinking that bc I entered my different scoring system into draft buddy, that kind of adjusts the baselines automatically bc of how different my scoring system is. Does using compiler draft pick recommended adjust it further so that it may not be accurate,( be actually a bit too skewed, like factoring in compiler twice) to use that system but use the median one instead? It seems like if I use Median with my scoring system I would get the most accurate cheat sheets based on my logic. Let me know your thoughts please. Draft on Monday. Thanks.

Hi wchambe. I think if you feel the Median drafted provides the best results then you should go that one. Really, Compiler Recommended starts with Median, and adjust different positions up or down slightly based on most standard league formats (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 or 3 WR, 1 TE, 0 or 1 O-Flex (RB/WR/TE)).

It does a good job for me most of the time, but the options are there so people can fine tune it themselves if they like. If someone really wants to go to that level of detail, then probably best to start with Median, no adjustments, and then put in some adjustments to increase or decrease certain position values, particularly so you can get that top 30-40 players where you feel they should be.