Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

Evel Knievel record broken

So the bike they showed in the beginning that was like 350 lb, that wasn't the bike that he used? I'm confused on that part.

I could swear that the bike they showed in the beginning was of the rear dual shock variety.

<--confused also

I could swear that the bike they showed in the beginning was of the rear dual shock variety.

<--confused also

Remember one of the things they showed was that evils bike had about look like 18 in of shock suppression on the front wheel and the new bike had about 6 in.

Mostly I just remembered being one heavy ass bike. Weight as much as a slot machine.

<--confused also

I missed the beginning so I'm not sure what they showed, but the bike Pastrana jumped was an Indian Scout FTR 750. It definitely has a mono-shock rear, but with less than 5 inches of travel it probably wouldn't have been that much different than an old dual shock bike as far as a harsh landing.

https://2yrh403fk8vd1hz9ro2n46dd-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/2018-travis-pastrana-evel-knievel-jump-6.jpg

I missed the beginning so I'm not sure what they showed, but the bike Pastrana jumped was an Indian Scout FTR 750. It definitely has a mono-shock rear, but with less than 5 inches of travel it probably wouldn't have been that much different than an old dual shock bike as far as a harsh landing.

https://2yrh403fk8vd1hz9ro2n46dd-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/2018-travis-pastrana-evel-knievel-jump-6.jpg

I can't find any pics of what I thought I saw, so I must not have saw it. :(