Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Todd Gurely

When it comes down to it, in the mid 2nd round he is pretty safe. Lets face it the whole team gave up last year. The things I like is he will get a majority of the touches, not many RB's do. Plus all the other things we know that is different this year... lining him up all over ect. I think he has a high floor

• Like 1

He hit his floor last year, so if you think that's a high floor then ok. But yea he could bounce back for sure.

I think he will be better, but not by as much as the predictions are saying.

The line still needs help. It will be a bit better than last year, but not by enough to make a huge difference.

All the RBs worth a dime were gone by mid second round including Ajayi, Howard, Freeman, Gordon, Murray so I took Gurley at 2.05. I didn't even really like him in his rookie year he just looked slow to me but I grabbed him thinking he gets 300 touches. Even if he doesn't run well, he may get more involved in the passing game and that will help in a full PPR.

I think Gurley is worthy of a low rb1 ranking.

I just can't bring myself to draft him. I pass him by every mock I've done. It's not necessarily him, it's his Oline I'm more soured on. I know he'll get the volume but if he can only get 2-3 ypc, who the #@$* cares?

I'd rather take a WR & follow that pick up with the likes of Lynch or Crowell.

I don't see what others see in Gurley. I've seen tons of videos of him pre-ACL injury and NOTHING of that player is playing for the Rams. He's slower. He can't hit the holes as fast or hard. He doesn't make many people miss... and when he does and gets into the open field, someone always runs him down. I think he's just a bad RB. I expect him to not be the starter in another year or 2 and nothing more than a part time player after that. I wouldn't take him any sooner than my RB5.

I don't see what others see in Gurley. I've seen tons of videos of him pre-ACL injury and NOTHING of that player is playing for the Rams. He's slower. He can't hit the holes as fast or hard. He doesn't make many people miss... and when he does and gets into the open field, someone always runs him down. I think he's just a bad RB. I expect him to not be the starter in another year or 2 and nothing more than a part time player after that. I wouldn't take him any sooner than my RB5.

You were making some good points til you went overboard with hyperbole at the end.

RB5?

For a guy you admit will be a starter all year?

Even if he sucks that's worth at least RB3.

Anyone got a good read on Gurleys handcuff? Right now it's Malcolm Brown. Is he worth taking deep for larger rosters?

You were making some good points til you went overboard with hyperbole at the end.

RB5?

For a guy you admit will be a starter all year?

Even if he sucks that's worth at least RB3.

Hyperbole? No, that's my opinion. The reason I think he'll be the starter all year is because they don't really have anyone else. They didn't draft anyone did they? Dunbar is out for the season and Malcolm Brown is the only guy they really have, and he hasn't shown anything either. Give me a name who's going to take carries from him.

I say RB5 because I never want to have to start him unless I have absolutely no choice. An RB3 is a flex starter and/or first option off the bench. I never want that from Gurley. Another reason I call him an RB5 is because it guarantees that someone else will take him. I want no part of him.

Sean McVay turned Fat Rob into a RB1. Gurley has 10 times more talent than Fat Rob. I'm all in as a RB1. I have him ranked as 9th on my board right now. The addition of Watkins should help to open some running lanes.

Sean McVay turned Fat Rob into a RB1. Gurley has 10 times more talent than Fat Rob. I'm all in as a RB1. I have him ranked as 9th on my board right now. The addition of Watkins should help to open some running lanes.

Fat Rob was a by-product of having Cousins, Reed, Garcon, and Jackson. You won't find anyone remotely as good as those guys in their respected positions in LA. He's all yours.

Fat Rob was a by-product of having Cousins, Reed, Garcon, and Jackson. You won't find anyone remotely as good as those guys in their respected positions in LA. He's all yours.

Haha! You love Blount and hate Gurley. I wish you were in my league! lol

Haha! You love Blount and hate Gurley. I wish you were in my league! lol

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. :thumbsup:

Then by that logic Melvin Gordon should be no 1 overall

Anthony Lynn brought Lesean back from the dead in Buffalo

• Like 1

So Blount outscores Gurley this year? Seems like a bet opportunity.

I think it's close. Receiving numbers will dictate who scores more in my opinion. The biggest thing for me is that Gurley is going in the 2nd round and Blount in the 6th. I'll take Blount in the 6th every time as compared to Gurley in the 2nd. As I said in the other thread, I'll take Blount in the 5th as my RB2. I WON'T take him in the 2nd, just like I WON'T take Gurley there either. Because I think Gurley is a bad RB, I won't take him at all.

Then by that logic Melvin Gordon should be no 1 overall

Anthony Lynn brought Lesean back from the dead in Buffalo

I have him at #4. ;)

I think it's close. Receiving numbers will dictate who scores more in my opinion. The biggest thing for me is that Gurley is going in the 2nd round and Blount in the 6th. I'll take Blount in the 6th every time as compared to Gurley in the 2nd. As I said in the other thread, I'll take Blount in the 5th as my RB2. I WON'T take him in the 2nd, just like I WON'T take Gurley there either. Because I think Gurley is a bad RB, I won't take him at all.

According to FFC Blount is going in the middle of the 6th round and Gurley is going in the middle of the 2nd. I have Gurley projected to score almost 100 more points than Blount in PPR. Blount seems to be too dependent on TDs and is on a new team so I just don't think I can trust him.

Had Gurley last year, won the Championship with him in the lineup and he scored a TD.

Not sure if I can draft him in the 2nd this year though. If he drops to 3rd I will think about it.

According to FFC Blount is going in the middle of the 6th round and Gurley is going in the middle of the 2nd. I have Gurley projected to score almost 100 more points than Blount in PPR. Blount seems to be too dependent on TDs and is on a new team so I just don't think I can trust him.

Yeah, that's cool. I don't have Gurley outscoring Blount by that much. I see Gurley with 1100 total yards, 30 receptions, and 8 TD's. That works out to 194 points in PPR. For Blount, I have the same yards (virtually all rushing), with 8 receptions and 10 TD's giving him 178 points. A difference of 1 ppg for 4 rounds of draft value is great by me.

Yeah, that's cool. I don't have Gurley outscoring Blount by that much. I see Gurley with 1100 total yards, 30 receptions, and 8 TD's. That works out to 194 points in PPR. For Blount, I have the same yards (virtually all rushing), with 8 receptions and 10 TD's giving him 178 points. A difference of 1 ppg for 4 rounds of draft value is great by me.

Looks like we actually have Gurley very close, it's where we have Blount that is very far apart. I have Blount closer to 700 yards and 6 TDs.

Looks like we actually have Gurley very close, it's where we have Blount that is very far apart. I have Blount closer to 700 yards and 6 TDs.

I wouldnt be surprised if his TD were a little higher.

I was thinking 750-800 yards and 8 TD with maybe another 50 yards receiving.

Blount is a pretty one dimensional player. New england often used him in combination with other one dimensional players (scat back) so teams cannot always key on him.

Dude is a great short yardage back and will still get red zone looks.

he looked pretty good

Yea made me feel a little better selecting him after watching him tonight. I liked the nine yard run where he dragged the pile forward.

I'll eat your socks if Blount reaches those stats.

I wont eat your socks, but I'd be seriously surprised if that was the end result this year.

Reading now that he may get cut, so I think you may be safe. LOL

You experts that are touting Blount need to really understand that he does not fit his current system. He probably won't make the cut. Comparing him to Gurley is ludacris IMO. Gurley had a bad year last year but his talent should not in question. He is a stud runner and Blount never has been or ever will be.

Gurley plays in a division with some tough run defenses. Plus, a questionable line but even worse is a QB that we don't know will play well or not. I have him as a RB # 2 but no higher....

Gurley plays in a division with some tough run defenses. Plus, a questionable line but even worse is a QB that we don't know will play well or not. I have him as a RB # 2 but no higher....

Questionable would be putting a good spin on it. That line was beyond horrible last year.

I was tempted to keep Gurley for a 4th rounder (pick #32 overall) over Antonio Brown as my 1st rounder (#9). But Brown is just too consistent to play these kind of games.

I figured even if I had Gurley ranked at say the #24 player overall, I would only be getting an 8 place "improved value" for keeping him. Brown, I have ranked at #3, which would be a 6 place "improved value". Not a big enough difference. Now if Gurley could be kept as a 6th rounder, then I'd have to reconsider.

I think the Watkins trade helps Gurley a lot. Even if i'm not sold on Watkins, just having another talented skill player should help ease some pressure off Gurley. Like some already said, i think last year was his absolute floor. Can only improve.

I think he's a rock solid pick end of round 2 beginning of round 3 where other RBs like Lamar Miller, Crowell, Lynch are going. I prefer Gurley.

• Like 1

All the RBs worth a dime were gone by mid second round including Ajayi, Howard, Freeman, Gordon, Murray so I took Gurley at 2.05. I didn't even really like him in his rookie year he just looked slow to me but I grabbed him thinking he gets 300 touches. Even if he doesn't run well, he may get more involved in the passing game and that will help in a full PPR.

i believe he will rack up stats between his first and second years. i have heard that they want to use him more in the passing game this year.

I think the Watkins trade helps Gurley a lot. Even if i'm not sold on Watkins, just having another talented skill player should help ease some pressure off Gurley. Like some already said, i think last year was his absolute floor. Can only improve.

I think he's a rock solid pick end of round 2 beginning of round 3 where other RBs like Lamar Miller, Crowell, Lynch are going. I prefer Gurley.

I'd agree last year was his absolute floor.

but that level of production does not appeal to me if I'm paying the price of his current ADP.

his current ADP (where I've seen this info posted) suggests he is going in the second round.

I dont know that I wanna pay a second round price for him. I think he provides some value if he slides into round 3, but I'm not seeing a lot of this.

I'd agree last year was his absolute floor.

but that level of production does not appeal to me if I'm paying the price of his current ADP.

his current ADP (where I've seen this info posted) suggests he is going in the second round.

I dont know that I wanna pay a second round price for him. I think he provides some value if he slides into round 3, but I'm not seeing a lot of this.

That level of production doesn't appeal to anyone.

You're paying a high pick based on improvement from that floor.

I took Julio at 6 overall in a 10 team ppr and then gurley in the 2nd with the 5th pick. Howard, McCoy, Gordon , demarco Murray were gone. I was planning to pick another wr Michael thomas but he went the pick ahead of me and was between (based on my sheet) fournette gurley and Ajai. I'm not sold on Ajai - his stats were inflated - and gurley got the nod cause ppr.

Of course I took zeke in the 3rd which is risky if his suspension sticks and gurley sucks - my team will be in the tank.

We draft over the course of a few days via WhatsApp so those are the 3 I have so far.