Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

S. Ridley

You guys see the Rotoworld blurb by the Patriots beat writer who had him getting cut at roster trims.

Surely the guy hasn't fallen this far has he?

He's ahead of Vereen in the draft order but not by much. NE RB are now way too much of a risk to draft, Bill will sit them down if they fumble, then you get no points. Too much of a headache to figure out which one might be playing week to week.

Fumbles will get you benched everywhere. His problem isn't New England. Its himself.

Mike Reiss knows his stuff but he was trying to predict a "surprise" cut. So basically he thinks it would be surprising for Ridley to get cut, but if there is a surprise cut it could be Ridley.

I don't think he will get cut but it's obvious that he fell out of favor last year and has not managed to get back into Belichick's good graces. So I'm very bearish on him this year even though I do not think he'll be cut.

I think Vereen looks great. Now, I know it's easy to say that after last game, but if I have the chance to get him at his ADP, I most definitely will.

Yeah I think Vereen is the guy to own in both standard and of course ppr. Yes this all depends on Vereen staying healthy. I could be totally wrong but I don't trust Ridley at all and I think he would be better off on another team. I understand what giraldi02 is saying that it's Ridley that is the problem not NE with his fumbling but I still think a new environment could do wonders for him. I do agree that it's hard to own a Pats rb and count on him week to week.

Good luck !

Dropped White for Caldwell yesterday, so I'll be pissed if this turns out to be true. But it won't. Neither Vereen nor Bolden have been the picture of health and White is an unproven rookie. Yeah Ridley is a fumbler....but he's also a pretty good back. With so many injury concerns elsewhere on that team...Gronk, Amendola, Dobson.....don't see how you cut a proven playmaker like Ridley.

But it's the hoodie who's smarter than everybody else, so we'll see.

• Like 1

This is the exact reason it just might be crazy enough to be true.

I would assume the guy would be worth at least a minimal pick so I can't see them actually doing this.

Dropped White for Caldwell yesterday, so I'll be pissed if this turns out to be true. But it won't. Neither Vereen nor Bolden have been the picture of health and White is an unproven rookie. Yeah Ridley is a fumbler....but he's also a pretty good back. With so many injury concerns elsewhere on that team...Gronk, Amendola, Dobson.....don't see how you cut a proven playmaker like Ridley.

totally agree here...with vereen's injury history they cannot afford to cut Ridley and rely heavily on Vereen and white alone...one of them goes down the pats are screwed

I had Ridley on my roster last year, as well as Vereen, it was a nightmare. After a 0 point week from a BB benching Vereen (he sat him down after the 1st quarter), I dumped them both. It's really just not worth the headache. At best you'll scrape a short yardage TD from one of them, in this RBBC from hell. At worst, one fumble and they'll be stapled to the bench.

NE is where RB go to die, in addition to playing for a mercurial coach who benches them at a moment's notice, they haven't had a great productive RB since Corey Dillon. That team is all about Brady chucking short yardage TDs.

Fumbles will get you benched everywhere. His problem isn't New England. Its himself.

Uhmm not everywhere. Ridley has 9 fumbles in his first three years. Adrian Peterson had 20. Couldn't imagine if AP played for New England.

Uhmm not everywhere. Ridley has 9 fumbles in his first three years. Adrian Peterson had 20. Couldn't imagine if AP played for New England.

This is just dumb. Peterson had 998 touches to Ridley's 574 in that same span. Opponents stack the box against Peterson. Ridley plays with Tom friggin Brady. I suggest for your 2nd post on this forum you don't compare Ridley to AP. That's practically sacrilegious.

• Like 2

That being said i've always liked Ridley but fact is under Belicheat, he's always a fumble away from being in the dog house. And fumbles happen. If the value is good i'll draft him but you better have James White as a handcuff.

This is just dumb. Peterson had 998 touches to Ridley's 574 in that same span. Opponents stack the box against Peterson. Ridley plays with Tom friggin Brady. I suggest for your 2nd post on this forum you don't compare Ridley to AP. That's practically sacrilegious.

Actually I have been posting here for about eight years. off of your numbers Ridley fumbles once every 63 carries and AP once every 49 carries. Wasn't comparing the two as much as saying Adrian Peterson may not have had the chance to be the star he is if New England drafted him.

Actually I have been posting here for about eight years. off of your numbers Ridley fumbles once every 63 carries and AP once every 49 carries. Wasn't comparing the two as much as saying Adrian Peterson may not have had the chance to be the star he is if New England drafted him.

:pointstosky: :thumbsup:

So what are you trying to say? Fumbles don't get you benched everywhere because of Adrian Peterson? C'mon dude Peterson is the exception to EVERY RULE. That's like saying Reggie Wayne will be the best WR this year because he's coming back from a torn ACL.

I'm sure this is more the exception than the rule, but I just did my first big-money draft tonight and I finally stopped the Ridley slide at 15.1. :shocking:

At that point, I was willing to take the chance he ends up in Houston.

I'm sure this is more the exception than the rule, but I just did my first big-money draft tonight and I finally stopped the Ridley slide at 15.1. :shocking:

At that point, I was willing to take the chance he ends up in Houston.

before or after James White..? either way, yikes.

Before White.

Somebody has to get the carries in NE right? I thin Vereen is strictly in that Sproles/Woodhead role so i don't envision him being a workhorse if Ridley gets cut/benched/traded. White could be a valuable handcuff IMO.

Ridley didn't play the last preseason game, that's a good thing.

Agreed, they are either trading him or he's gonna play...