Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

The next Gronkowski?

Gronkowski 2nd round draft pick whose 6'6 265 and ran a 4.65

Travis Kelce is also a 2nd round draft pick whose 6'6 260 and ran a 4.61

Last year I wrote a post about J.Thomas and how I thought he could be a stud I'm sure you can find it and read how many people disagreed with me and said not enough balls to go around. That post was written in the pre season. Now I'm not gonna take credit for Kelce cause the word is already out on him and he's getting some hype but I do think this guy is gonna be a stud if given the chance. He's got all the same measure Gronk has imo. People will argue he had Alex smith and I'll argue Vernon Davis did just fine with Smith. I also think people will be bringing 9 in the box to stop Charles which should open the play action up for kelce. Also people may say Fasano is the guy but I'll argue that you don't draft a guy in the second round and sit him.

• Like 1

the system/offense/qb seem to work in his favor ... but i am thinking more Owen Daniels/Chris Cooley potential, which is quite fantasy worthy.

Gronk level is asking for miracles - dude is a freak in the ideal situation.

• Like 1

The problem with Kelce is that the Chiefs are going to continue to put Anthony Fasano out there because he is more experienced and the much better blocker. The Chiefs want to run the ball as much as possible, which is why Fasano will continue to start.

Fasano's presense makes it pretty tough for Kelce to break out this year in my opinion.

Kelce is very much like Gronk. He has missed half the games in his college/pro career due to injuries. Nothing wrong with stashing him late, but also keep in mind he's a massive injury risk.

I actually targeted Zach Ertz this year. Great size and soft hands, looking to see him get some of the receptions left behind by Djax departure. The eagles should look to target him in the red zone.

only question I have is how much does celek still warrant in the offense

He has everything gronk has imo.

....other than not having Brady, BB, & a TE friendlier system, yeah. Same exact thing.

• Like 1

He has everything gronk has imo.

. No not everything . He has Alex Smith , Gronk has Tom Brady .

Gronkowski 2nd round draft pick whose 6'6 265 and ran a 4.65

Travis Kelce is also a 2nd round draft pick whose 6'6 260 and ran a 4.61

Last year I wrote a post about J.Thomas and how I thought he could be a stud I'm sure you can find it and read how many people disagreed with me and said not enough balls to go around. That post was written in the pre season. Now I'm not gonna take credit for Kelce cause the word is already out on him and he's getting some hype but I do think this guy is gonna be a stud if given the chance. He's got all the same measure Gronk has imo. People will argue he had Alex smith and I'll argue Vernon Davis did just fine with Smith. I also think people will be bringing 9 in the box to stop Charles which should open the play action up for kelce. Also people may say Fasano is the guy but I'll argue that you don't draft a guy in the second round and sit him.

RB 1: 6-0, 227, All American, 4.3 forty, 38 vertical

RB 2: 6-2, 217, All American, 4.4 forty, 38 vertical

Both were 1st round draft picks. Which player do you take?

Player 1 is Kevin Jones, who's now out of the NFL. Player 2 is Adrian Peterson. My point is that measurables mean nothing. Some people just play football really, really well and some don't.

I'm not saying Kelce isn't a good pick. He's on my radar, too. But I wouldn't use measurables to make that case.

• Like 1

Player 1 is Kevin Jones, who's now out of the NFL. Player 2 is Adrian Peterson. My point is that measurables mean nothing. Some people just play football really, really well and some don't.

I'm not saying Kelce isn't a good pick. He's on my radar, too. But I wouldn't use measurables to make that case.

Player 1 (Jones) didn't juice.

HTH.

If he has hands of stone it doesn't matter what his measurables are. Also he was suspended at cinn for an entire season for an undisclosed violation. Keep an eye on him but he's not draft-worthy.

Kelce may be better than Gronkowski or Julius Thomas. He may be better than Jimmy Graham. Garrett Graham, Mychael Rivera, Luke Wilson....they all may be better than Gronk/Graham/Thomas. Problem is they don't play in a system that will put them in situations to excel.

You picked Julius Thomas last year. Pretty bold prediction. Picking the starting TE for a Peyton Manning lead offense who historically used his TE's. No offense, but that was an easy guess. Kelce is in an offense that is only fantasy friendly to Charles. Alex Smith has no history of using his TE's, Andy Reid has never ran offenses that let TE's explode. There is nothing that says Kelce should have a Gronklike year. If he does, I'll give you all the credit in the world because he will have went against everything surrounding saying he can't breakout. You get 0 credit for Julius cause it was easy. Kelce you would get double credit because there is noway he should post 1000 yards with 10 TD's.....terrible TE fantasy offense.

Why the next Gronk and not next Jimmy Graham?

Cuz gronk and jimmy are completely different players?

Kelce is the new Klopfenstein, that's as far as I'll go.

Kelce may be better than Gronkowski or Julius Thomas. He may be better than Jimmy Graham. Garrett Graham, Mychael Rivera, Luke Wilson....they all may be better than Gronk/Graham/Thomas. Problem is they don't play in a system that will put them in situations to excel.

You picked Julius Thomas last year. Pretty bold prediction. Picking the starting TE for a Peyton Manning lead offense who historically used his TE's. No offense, but that was an easy guess. Kelce is in an offense that is only fantasy friendly to Charles. Alex Smith has no history of using his TE's, Andy Reid has never ran offenses that let TE's explode. There is nothing that says Kelce should have a Gronklike year. If he does, I'll give you all the credit in the world because he will have went against everything surrounding saying he can't breakout. You get 0 credit for Julius cause it was easy. Kelce you would get double credit because there is noway he should post 1000 yards with 10 TD's.....terrible TE fantasy offense.

Lmfao easy guess? Everyone said Thomas wouldn't get targets and there was to many mouths to feed. Lol come on bro not many people called the Thomas thing. So you saw Thomas and drafted him in all your leagues lol riiiiight. Since your so good and bold lets hear some

Predictions.

If he has hands of stone it doesn't matter what his measurables are. Also he was suspended at cinn for an entire season for an undisclosed violation. Keep an eye on him but he's not draft-worthy.

He has solid hands. In pre season he caught a 60 plus and 40 plus TD he's been the star of the

KC camp. The buzz had been Kelce and nobody else is catching balls in KC. Bowe is out week 1 and KC will be running 2 TE sets.

Yes measurables isn't everything but it's something and if u watch the film on him u will see this kid is fast as hell he's running away from Dbs. Watch him at tell me what u think.

Lmfao easy guess? Everyone said Thomas wouldn't get targets and there was to many mouths to feed. Lol come on bro not many people called the Thomas thing. So you saw Thomas and drafted him in all your leagues lol riiiiight. Since your so good and bold lets hear some

Predictions.

Here's your post saying Jared Cook is > Julius Thomas a few weeks into the season:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=423915&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Nice call. ;)

Here's your post saying Jared Cook is > Julius Thomas a few weeks into the season:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=423915&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Nice call. ;)

Bwaahhh.....hahahaha....busted. How did Jared Cook do for you? Want to pound your chest now about your great predictions. Maybe you posted about Julius Thomas somewhere else.

In any event, going along with your "bold predictions" I predict Eric Decker won't post the same numbers he did last year.

I like the possibility that KC may run 2 TE sets, obviating the Fasano starting issue. I like how there is a lack of viable big WR targets after Bowe (and he seemed overcovered last year).

But I don't like how that offense operates and there's something about Al Smith that just never seems to generate a very powerful offense. Gronk plays with Brady and the Pats, which even though they still had problems last year always seem to generate points and yards. KC just seems mired in very mediocre FF opportunities. Kelce has great potential no doubt but the situation is not perfect.

We have seen it with TEs before who are more pass catchers than blockers playing on teams with suspect o lines. The team just cant afford to have their blocking te out of the game for too many plays.

I would bet more on the side of his success, but wouldnt be surprised if his biggest road block is purely based on how many snaps he is on the field.

Predictions.

Julius Thomas didn't really get THAT many targets or receptions. He just happened to get a lot of touchdowns. He got targets where they counted most, but not too many overall.

Yes measurables isn't everything but it's something and if u watch the film on him u will see this kid is fast as hell he's running away from Dbs. Watch him at tell me what u think.

I've seen him plenty. You don't have to convince me the kid's talented. You have to convince me that he's going to be on the field enough for it to matter.

90 percent of these forums thought cook was gonna be a stud. Cook has more tools then most TE. I still wrote a post about Thomas saying he was gonna be a stud and that was correct. Everyone misses...every scout though Jamarcus

Russelle would be a stud even mike mayock. U act like cook is out of the league he had torched the cards for 141 and 2tds early in the season and looks absolutely amazing. Look what his adp was last year. I think After that game and seeing the tools he had everyone was sold on him not just me. All I know is I won my $500 buy in money league so I'm doing something right, even if that means I'm playing with scrubs. I drafted Cameron,KC def,Gordon,Charles,Rivers,Lacy,Bell,Moreno and K.Allen and picked up Ellington,foles,Edelman so I'm hitting more then I'm missing. That's all that matters. Now most of those hits are

Because of these forums and people giving great advice.

Nice call. ;)

He has solid hands. In pre season he caught a 60 plus and 40 plus TD he's been the star of the

KC camp. The buzz had been Kelce and nobody else is catching balls in KC. Bowe is out week 1 and KC will be running 2 TE sets.

I believe he did it late in games against nobodies. the Kc first team offense has been awful they will need all the blocking help they can get from te's. I wouldn't touch anyone not named Charles in this offense and even he might be in for a letdown with that line.

Well this is certainly positive...

ESPN's Adam Teicher has been told that Travis Kelce's big-play ability is one reason the Chiefs weren't more aggressive in pursuing wide receivers this offseason.

This suggests that Kelce will be a real part of the Week 1 gameplan even though his first-team snaps were limited in the preseason. Note that with Dwayne Bowe suspended for Week 1, the Chiefs' wideout depth chart reads Donnie Avery, Frankie Hammond, Junior Hemingway, Albert Wilson, A.J. Jenkins. Kelce, an exciting talent with eye-opening playmaking ability after the catch, is a prime TE2 target. We'll have a better read on his exact role after Week 1.
Source: ESPN.com

With Bowe out I think Kelce plays a lot of snaps and is in all red-zone packages. I'm expecting a huge week #1 for Kelce leading the receiving core just like he has in the preseason.

you put kelce on last year's chiefs team I would agree. but this years team looks like a mess...we'll see if they can overcome the worst o-line in football right now.

you put kelce on last year's chiefs team I would agree. but this years team looks like a mess...we'll see if they can overcome the worst o-line in football right now.

Miami wouldn't agree.