Sign in to follow this  
murf74

And we thought Burfict's sack was all clean....replay

https://vine.co/v/iMuO9BaxgQT

The guys is just unstable. There are mean and nasty football players then there is this guy

put that knee in perspective with these ankle twists

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000411344/NFL-NOW-Vontaze-Burfict-to-be-fined-for-twisting-ankles

This one he decided he would rather knock out AB than win

https://vine.co/v/iMuO9BaxgQT

+1.

Pacman and Burfict cost them the game, because they're undisciplined thugs - and Marvin Lewis is the king of undisciplined choking coaches.

• Like 1

+1.

Pacman and Burfict cost them the game, because they're undisciplined thugs - and Marvin Lewis is the king of undisciplined choking coaches.

There was no reason for them to do anything but shut up and close out the game. With some player now saying something to the effect of if you let this stuff to continue it was gonna end like this. It's better for the safety of the league that Lewis steps down.

• Like 1

Meh...I like their passion for the game.

That wasn't passion. That's straight out trying to hurt people. Burfict has many strikes against him already before this game

Man isn't safe to have on field. Remember he dove at Bens knee last game too

• Like 1

That wasn't passion. That's straight out trying to hurt people.

It's a violent game where men do violent things :dunno:

As a Steelers fan, i'm a bit torn. The Steelers didn't deserve to win that game, but they didn't deserve to lose it either. At 15-0 they were absolutely dominating every aspect then it fell apart. I didn't like backing into the playoffs, nor do I like backing into a win. That being said, many of the Bengals played very stupidly for large portions of the game. Big difference between being fired up and being out of control. Burfict makes some pretty good plays, but he offsets with boneheaded ones...this particular one at a bad time. Also don't forget he was penalized for his little jog out of the endzone after the great INT he made against Landry Jones and hurt the team there too.

That was good O fashion football like the way the game should be played .

Shazier led with his crown and knocked Bernard out. No flag plus the turnover. Steelers probably didn't deserve that win.

But the Hawks didn't deserve theirs either so I can't be too mad.

Shazier led with his crown and knocked Bernard out. No flag plus the turnover. Steelers probably didn't deserve that win.

But the Hawks didn't deserve theirs either so I can't be too mad.

Why would steelers win make you mad?

Put me in the camp of...Burfect wanted to injure Ben and he deserved the penalty with the Brown hit...

But any ref with decent judgement would have known PacMan didn't deserve a penalty at all, and if they felt the need to give him one, it should have been offset by a Joey Porter penalty.

• Like 1

As a Steelers fan, i'm a bit torn. The Steelers didn't deserve to win that game, but they didn't deserve to lose it either. At 15-0 they were absolutely dominating every aspect then it fell apart. I didn't like backing into the playoffs, nor do I like backing into a win. That being said, many of the Bengals played very stupidly for large portions of the game. Big difference between being fired up and being out of control. Burfict makes some pretty good plays, but he offsets with boneheaded ones...this particular one at a bad time. Also don't forget he was penalized for his little jog out of the endzone after the great INT he made against Landry Jones and hurt the team there too.

Meh. That game doesn't look that close, IMO, if Ben doesn't leave for a large part of it. They couldn't move the ball when he was out, and it gave CIN life on both sides of the ball.

Put me in the camp of...Burfect wanted to injure Ben and he deserved the penalty with the Brown hit...

But any ref with decent judgement would have known PacMan didn't deserve a penalty at all, and if they felt the need to give him one, it should have been offset by a Joey Porter penalty.

Coaches go on the field with serious injuries all the time. Pacman was pushing the limits with the refs all night. He pushed a coach and got a penalty, Muncheck held a player back to protect his bench and got a penalty.

Agree with the above post , if Hill doesn't fumble the ball the Bengals win the game .

Coaches go on the field with serious injuries all the time. Pacman was pushing the limits with the refs all night. He pushed a coach and got a penalty, Muncheck held a player back to protect his bench and got a penalty.

I'm working on the assumption that Porter was mouthing at Bengals. No problem with mouthing back. And considering what had just occurred, as a ref I'd have understood Cinci tempers flaring and let it go unless something blatantly physical happened.

Why would steelers win make you mad?

I don't love either team so I didn't really care. Are you disputing the point I made about that play? It doesn't matter either way I was just surprised that play hasn't been brought up more.

I don't love either team so I didn't really care. Are you disputing the point I made about that play? It doesn't matter either way I was just surprised that play hasn't been brought up more.

Because it's a judgement call on a LB to RB hit that I don't think ever gets called.

Because Hill fumbled

Because Burfict and Pacman gave them 30 yds because they are punks

Because Bengals let a one armed QB somehow March them down the field to get in position for possible FG with Pitts 3rd string RB

Because Pitt got destroyed in penalty yards against by refs

Steelers fan whole life. I played football in college and can say that game was out of control.

I was at game. Steelers dominated game until Ben left with dirty hit on shoulder.

The atmosphere of the crowd mirrored the way the Bengals played. I took my son (10 yr old) to game and he was literally crying at what was being said about Ben and the way the crowd acted. Honestly I would be ashamed to be a Bengal fan.

I've been to probably 50 NFL games since college at various stadiums across US (never Raiders game)... but will say this was the worse as far as crowd involvement AND play on the field.

If my son were not there, I am sure I would have gotten in something. This little 5'10" tattooed thug cursing in row in front of me would have been stepped on like a cockroach and his flat-billed hat would have been inserted in his a$$..

• Like 1

Burfict is Suh 2.0 and the Bengals staff tolerates it. Marvin Lewis won't get fired because he is so friggin' cheap and the seats are going to still get sold. That same fan base that was throwing stuff down on an injured player is always going to be okay with that crap.

Also, I was a little p!ssed at Ben for not having come in on the drive where Landry Jones threw that pick. If he could come in on the last drive, then he could have come in sooner.

Pittsburgh deserved that game up to that point and Karma saw to it that the 3 biggest sh!t talkers (Burfict, Jones and Hill) all had a hand in gift wrapping the win for Pittsburgh.

I live in AZ and had the "pleasure" of watching Burfict play at ASU. He was completely out of control while here which is why his draft stock plummeted; Dennis Erickson had no control or desire to control it seemed. Burfict would get at least one unsportsmanlike per game it seemed. But he kept playing because... he had skill. Pathetic. :thumbsdown:

Because it's a judgement call on a LB to RB hit that I don't think ever gets called.

Because Hill fumbled

Because Burfict and Pacman gave them 30 yds because they are punks

Because Bengals let a one armed QB somehow March them down the field to get in position for possible FG with Pitts 3rd string RB

Because Pitt got destroyed in penalty yards against by refs

Are you serious Murph? You're a reasonable person from what I see of your posts. That play was not a judgment call. It was just plain missed. Ask anyone who watched it. Blatant leading with the crown of the head to a jaw. Literally a knockout as obvious as possible. Called 99 times out of 100. I'm just talking about this one play. No need to explain the rest of the game. I watched it. Cincy was very dirty too...they just got called for it. I've never been a giant "Ben" fan but I was very impressed by his toughness/insanity playing that last drive. Jones wouldn't have made that happen.

Are you serious Murph? You're a reasonable person from what I see of your posts. That play was not a judgment call. It was just plain missed. Ask anyone who watched it. Blatant leading with the crown of the head to a jaw. Literally a knockout as obvious as possible. Called 99 times out of 100. I'm just talking about this one play. No need to explain the rest of the game. I watched it. Cincy was very dirty too...they just got called for it. I've never been a giant "Ben" fan but I was very impressed by his toughness/insanity playing that last drive. Jones wouldn't have made that happen.

That helmet to helmet rarely if ever gets called when a RB and lb meet. You are thinking during catch.

Doesn't matter Cincy handed it away they had the win.

That helmet to helmet rarely if ever gets called when a RB and lb meet. You are thinking during catch.

Doesn't matter Cincy handed it away they had the win.

Whatever you say dude.

Burfict is Suh 2.0 and the Bengals staff tolerates it. Marvin Lewis won't get fired because he is so friggin' cheap and the seats are going to still get sold. That same fan base that was throwing stuff down on an injured player is always going to be okay with that crap.

Also, I was a little p!ssed at Ben for not having come in on the drive where Landry Jones threw that pick. If he could come in on the last drive, then he could have come in sooner.

Pittsburgh deserved that game up to that point and Karma saw to it that the 3 biggest sh!t talkers (Burfict, Jones and Hill) all had a hand in gift wrapping the win for Pittsburgh.

Lol at Karma .

The Bengals where short handed in this game , they had to play a back up qb in this game and almost one , and I agree with a post above Steelers fans always play the victim roll .

Steelers fans somehow always think they're the victims

The Bengals where short handed in this game , they had to play a back up qb in this game and almost one , and I agree with a post above Steelers fans always play the victim roll .

This is a bunch of crap. There is very little excuse making in this thread. I thought the Burfict hit was clean until I saw the other angle, where he clearly went after the shoulder. However, i doubt that did the damage to Ben's shoulder, the fall took care of that.

BUT there is a critical difference in the hit that Shazier put on Hill, and the one that Burfict put on Brown. Shazier hit a receiver that had turned and become a runner, and did so clearly wrapping up with his head to the side. Hill turned and lowered down for the hit which is partly to blame for the helmets contacting. Anybody who watched the Burfict hit on Brown knows he was out for one thing. There was ZERO attempt to wrap up, only him stiffening the shoulder and bringing the elbow in close to load up for the hit. It is unfortunate that Brown's head ended up in the path, and I don't think Burfict was head hunting, but he clearly wasn't trying to tackle Brown, only to hurt.

And saying the Bengals are short handed IS making excuses. Pittsburgh was missing 2 of 5 offensive lineman, including All Pro center and left tackle. They were missing their All Pro RB and his exceedingly capable backup. They lost the QB for a chunk of the game where it mattered most. It's no wonder people say WPIAFP.

This is a bunch of crap. There is very little excuse making in this thread. I thought the Burfict hit was clean until I saw the other angle, where he clearly went after the shoulder. However, i doubt that did the damage to Ben's shoulder, the fall took care of that.

BUT there is a critical difference in the hit that Shazier put on Hill, and the one that Burfict put on Brown. Shazier hit a receiver that had turned and become a runner, and did so clearly wrapping up with his head to the side. Hill turned and lowered down for the hit which is partly to blame for the helmets contacting. Anybody who watched the Burfict hit on Brown knows he was out for one thing. There was ZERO attempt to wrap up, only him stiffening the shoulder and bringing the elbow in close to load up for the hit. It is unfortunate that Brown's head ended up in the path, and I don't think Burfict was head hunting, but he clearly wasn't trying to tackle Brown, only to hurt.

And saying the Bengals are short handed IS making excuses. Pittsburgh was missing 2 of 5 offensive lineman, including All Pro center and left tackle. They were missing their All Pro RB and his exceedingly capable backup. They lost the QB for a chunk of the game where it mattered most. It's no wonder people say WPIAFP.

I don't think he was intending to hurt either... It looked to me that he was coming in to hit high to try to dislodge the ball as if Brown caught that he would not have had time to bring it down to protect it...

Coaches go on the field with serious injuries all the time.

Then why wasn't Porter over where Brown was instead of near the Bengals?

Then why wasn't Porter over where Brown was instead of near the Bengals?

Boo goo coach was on field

bumping a ref gets a flag every single time, as it should.

• Like 1

Boo goo coach was on field

Coaches aren't allowed on the field... It is like that at all levels...

Agree no reason for a coach to on the field and one that is not the head coach at that , yea another case of Steelers fans being the victim .

Coaches aren't allowed on the field... It is like that at all levels...

and yet, when a player is potentially seriously hurt, it happens all the time without a penalty.