Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Has Eddie Lacy gained too much weight in the NFL?

The answer, even without photos, is yes. Not only weight, but his cardio seems lacking now that he is healthy. He's winded after 1 good run, limiting options for a sustained drive without switching personnel. Starks looks way better, when in reality he's a drop off in talent.

Maybe Lacy has been saving himself for the post season...? :)

Seems to be to be a general attitude issue, he just doesn't care enough or isn't motivated enough. So he's missing curfew, gaining weight, not training properly, etc.

Probably toking up too much, is my guess.

• Like 1

Another athlete that things came easy before NFL

Has no work ethic

Agreed with every comment. Someone like Julius Peppers or Aaron Rodgers needs to get straight in Lacy's face and humiliate him.

McCarthy needs to speak to him about this bench him until he loses the equivalent of a 2 year old child in weight.

He's gonna do the buffet shuffle to endzone twice today :lock:

I'll take the under. I don't need 25 to 1 on this one. I'll take it even up.

To teach him how to get really fat? :dunno:

I was thinking he could give him tips about keeping his job with 1or 2 good seasons in his career. But that too.

I was thinking he could give him tips about keeping his job with 1or 2 good seasons in his career. But that too.

:doh:

No question Lacy has been talking to his coach about eating .

I'm going to contrast him to LeVeon Bell. Bell's first season he wasn't successful and believed he was too heavy and slow. He rededicated himself, dropped the fat and put on lean muscle, but lost nearly 20 lbs in the process. He's been potentially the best back in football since then (not the most durable...but they aren't really related). Lacy is carrying WAY too many extra pounds and it shows in his performance. Every time I watch the Packers play I see Starks as the better and more explosive player, and he isn't all that good.

Will Lacy is no Bettis , so he better get himself into shape because I agree with the above post that Starks looks like the better player and we all know he isn't .

When I was doing some mock drafts this past summer espn had Lacy ranked as the number one draft pick , them espn experts are asleep at the wheel .

Will Lacy is no Bettis , so he better get himself into shape because I agree with the above post that Starks looks like the better player and we all know he isn't .

Bettis was never a speed guy, and even when he was Fat Jerome the guy still had amazingly nimble feet. He was somehow always light on his feet. Lacy has lost the wiggle and replaced it with jiggle.

Bettis was never a speed guy, and even when he was Fat Jerome the guy still had amazingly nimble feet. He was somehow always light on his feet. Lacy has lost the wiggle and replaced it with jiggle.

Lol yeah he as

Adding that much bulk just doesn't happen naturally. Clearly this is the work of PEDs.

Performance Eroding Donuts

• Like 1

When I was doing some mock drafts this past summer espn had Lacy ranked as the number one draft pick , them espn experts are asleep at the wheel .

So was I. Heavily invested in Lacy this year. Didn't read anything in preseason that alarmed me about his weight and didn't see any preseason games. When I watched the opener, I had a WTF moment. Couldn't believe my eyes how fat he was. Guess there's a reason to check out a preseason game here and there.

He looks fat and slow. Remember fatboy Antowain Smith how he used to come into camp like 20 pounds overweight?

Who was that other fatass RB that Tenessee had for a while, remember him, Lendale "LandWhale" White or something? He looks like he hammered down on burgers on the sideline and his gut would hang out of his shirt.

Lacy doesn't stay in shape, he's fat not muscular. Fat RB don't last long in the league as a starter. Unless your name is Bettis, but even Bettis was 3 yards and a cloud of dust for years and years. If not for fast willie parker the Steelers would never have won that superbowl.

I saw Lacy in the pre-season. I had the third pick and said-No. ESPN must not have seen what I saw. I wish I had paid more attention to D Adams.

He looks fat and slow. Remember fatboy Antowain Smith how he used to come into camp like 20 pounds overweight?

Who was that other fatass RB that Tenessee had for a while, remember him, Lendale "LandWhale" White or something? He looks like he hammered down on burgers on the sideline and his gut would hang out of his shirt.

Lacy doesn't stay in shape, he's fat not muscular. Fat RB don't last long in the league as a starter. Unless your name is Bettis, but even Bettis was 3 yards and a cloud of dust for years and years. If not for fast willie parker the Steelers would never have won that superbowl.

If it weren't for Bettis telling Parker when and where to make the cut before the longest rushing TD in Super Bowl history the Steelers never would of won.

If it weren't for Bettis telling Parker when and where to make the cut before the longest rushing TD in Super Bowl history the Steelers never would of won.

That and the Refs.

Allright, allright steeler fan calm down. Bettis was good that's what I was saying in a sideways way. He had quick feet for a big guy. He's HOF, nobody disputes that.

I'm saying he's the exception not the rule.

Both Lacy and Bettis are both 5'11. Bettis listed playing weight was 251 lbs. Lacy looks to me to be less than that but far above his listed weight of 234.

Lacy too has quick feet, but he sure doesn't finish runs the way Jerome used to.

I think Lacy has been banged up since last season and put on some extra pounds. He's played thru several injuries this year. Next season I would expect him to come in slimmer and in better shape.

Both Lacy and Bettis are both 5'11. Bettis listed playing weight was 251 lbs. Lacy looks to me to be less than that but far above his listed weight of 234.

Lacy too has quick feet, but he sure doesn't finish runs the way Jerome used to.

I think Lacy has been banged up since last season and put on some extra pounds. He's played thru several injuries this year. Next season I would expect him to come in slimmer and in better shape.

Weight management is mostly diet; he should step away from the dessert tray. Now might be a good time to start; they have a kinda tough game this weekend.

He is actually Najeh Davenport in disguise (but not a good disguise)

I am amazed, yet not shocked some people will think this guy has lost it.

He had two great years and one down year. He was clearly hurt this year, he will bounce back next year.

Doug Martin had a down year with injuries, people forgot about him... now look.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy has put running back Eddie Lacy on notice. "He's got a lot of work to do," McCarthy said. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

Packers coach Mike McCarthy has put running back Eddie Lacy on notice. "He's got a lot of work to do," McCarthy said. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

Link?

coolio thanks.

I wonder how much this will drop Lacy in FF drafts next year? If he comes back in hella good shape after the offseason, is he still a first rounder off the board in most leagues?

Starks was almost as productive, with 40 fewer carries. Where does that put him?

What kills me are all packer fans in denial last couple years that he wasn't fat