Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

49ers Hire Chip Kelly as Head Coach

From ESPN

Kelly joins the 49ers after three seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles, whom he led to the playoffs once before being fired with one game remaining in the 2015 season. He was 26-21 overall with Philadelphia. Kelly rose to fame for his offensive style during four seasons and a 46-7 record as coach at Oregon.

There are obvious personnel question marks in San Francisco, most notably the QB position, but the 49ers skill players will be intriguing fantasy options in 2016. Maybe Kaepernick is back and becomes a viable QB1?

Interesting. Kelly might be able to do something with that offense or they may not have the pieces in place to make it work currently.

If they have to overhaul that roster, it should be an odd marriage given that Baalke is someone who must have absolute control over the roster and Kelly likes his types of guys. My guess is that there will be more dysfunction in SF.

According to sports talk chip learned his lesson on personnel decisions and said he wouldnt meddle with the roster. Thats the only way i could see balke hiring him.

Really thought he would go back and coach college football , I think he might be able to help with the development of qb. Good move for the Niners a much better hire than after last season .

RIP 49ers 2016 season

Like it wasn't already going to be bad no matter who they hired...

49ers are the new Raiders in the Bay Area. They are a few years out at least from being a good franchise. At least they have a new stadium.

getting late in a dynasty startup draft, I just picked Kaep as my #3 QB

worth a shot with nothing but longshots left on the board

getting late in a dynasty startup draft, I just picked Kaep as my #3 QB

worth a shot with nothing but longshots left on the board

Good move nothing to lose .

Say goodbye to T Smith unless he shaves his dreads. Its about culture. No more Hyde between the tackles. Just run sweeps to the oppisite side he is in shotgun. Stressing another crappy defense with 3-outs. No downfield passing. Just the same old 8yd crossers, no pass plays that set up the deep ball like outs. Riley Cooper will take Smiths spot cause "Big people beat up little people". Arians hates him will run the score up on him anychace he gets. Carroll owns him also.

Looks like the Niners could use a good house cleaning , they are awful .

Still think Bolden has value as a WR3, but everyone else is downgraded for next year imo.

Do they stay neutral then? Their offense was horrid last year so i dont know that a downgrade is necessary.

Do they stay neutral then? Their offense was horrid last year so i dont know that a downgrade is necessary.

Really depends on who is left and who comes in. Hyde does not seem like the type of back that will work well in that system. There is no one else in the backfield.

Kap will be bumped up because you can't really go any lower than he was, but he is going to be huge risk. Might want to take him as a QB2/3 flyer.

Boldin is alright, but he is not exactly a spring chicken and the uncertainty at QB makes him very risky.

I not to sure you can knock them down from this past season , no one on the Niners posted very good numbers , Boldin was solid even with all the other issues , can't wait to see what moves they make this offseason .

Trade for andre ellington, have a good draft for the O and D lines with the million picks they have and I'll be cautiously optimistic :banana: :bandana:

Trade for andre ellington, have a good draft for the O and D lines with the million picks they have and I'll be cautiously optimistic :banana: :bandana:

Why would you want to trade for an often injured mediocre running back who is going to get mauled in the same division?

Why would you want to trade for an often injured mediocre running back who is going to get mauled in the same division?

Anything but mediocre, kid has loads of talent which he's already displayed and would fit fantastic in Chips offense IMO. Injuries are a concern though.

There was a good article about Scott mccloughan awhile back on ESPN. He notBaalke was responsible for a lot of the 9ers draft success. Franchise has bad management now and will be a mess for awhile