Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

**OFFICIAL** New England vs Carolina Super Bowl thread

Palmer isn't winning in Carolina on that field and the Pats will SMOKE the Broncos or the Steelers.

Right? :dunno:

Palmer isn't winning in Carolina on that field and the Pats will SMOKE the Broncos or the Steelers.

Wouldn't a crappy turf tend to favor the receivers, who know where they are going? :dunno:

It's not gonna be the NE. Peyton is gonna demolish them and then head on to the super bowl

That's the fan in you talking :cheers:

It's very quite now that the Steelers are finished . I like the Cardinals vs the Patriots . Seems fitting good the old St Louis team to win the super bowl the same year the new St. Louis team the Rams are leaving . The players I would like to get a super bowl victory the most both play for the Cardinals , they would be Fitzgerald and Palmer . Palmer was cheated out of a shot back when he played for the Bengals and the Steelers took a cheap shot at his knees . Anyone know the opening lines yet ?

It's very quite now that the Steelers are finished . I like the Cardinals vs the Patriots . Seems fitting good the old St Louis team to win the super bowl the same year the new St. Louis team the Rams are leaving . The players I would like to get a super bowl victory the most both play for the Cardinals , they would be Fitzgerald and Palmer . Palmer was cheated out of a shot back when he played for the Bengals and the Steelers took a cheap shot at his knees . Anyone know the opening lines yet ?

Since it's so quite in here, let me be quiet clear.

I hope the Broncos defeat the Pats and meet the Cardinals in the Superbowl.

• Like 1

Ok lines are out looks good for Pats laying the three points and the Cardinals plus the three .

If NE makes the super bowl it will be unwatchable. So. Let's hope the refs, the weather, anything keeps them out. Otherwise, worst super bowl ever ensues.

Arizona doesnt look that great to me and should have lost to the packers who also aren't that great. Carolina is flawed but is the best team in the NFC. My fear for the panthers is that they are too confident. Very dangerous.

Since it's so quite in here, let me be quiet clear.

I hope the Broncos defeat the Pats and meet the Cardinals in the Superbowl.

Why? Broncos would get their asses raped by either NFC team. Would be like the Seahawks/Broncos super bowl except possible even worse since manning is DONE.

• Like 1

If NE makes the super bowl it will be unwatchable. So. Let's hope the refs, the weather, anything keeps them out. Otherwise, worst super bowl ever ensues.

Arizona doesnt look that great to me and should have lost to the packers who also aren't that great. Carolina is flawed but is the best team in the NFC. My fear for the panthers is that they are too confident. Very dangerous.

How is Carolina "flawed"?

Brady is 2-6 @ Denver in his career. The 2 QB's he beat were Danny Kannell and Tim Tebow. (got this from mike & mike)

Manning is 2-1 vs Brady in AFC championship games.

NE is not a lock.

NE should beat the Broncos. They're a more complete team and Brady can still make plays to Edelman and Gronks, Manning can't make plays anymore, he's become a game manager who tosses ducks.

Palmer looked shaky as last week against a bad defense. CAR defense puts on a lot more pressure than Green Bay.

I think NE v. Carolina is highly likely.

Brady is 2-6 @ Denver in his career. The 2 QB's he beat were Danny Kannell and Tim Tebow. (got this from mike & mike)

NE is not a lock.

Wager on that?

Why? Broncos would get their asses raped by either NFC team. Would be like the Seahawks/Broncos super bowl except possible even worse since manning is DONE.

If Satan and all his demons formed a NFL team and were playing The Patriots for the right to go to the Superbowl, I'd still root against the Pats.

Lesser of two evils..........

• Like 1

NE is not a lock.

NE isn't a lock against Denver but either Carolina or Arizona is a lock against Denver (but not New England) in the super bowl

If Satan and all his demons formed a NFL team and were playing The Patriots for the right to go to the Superbowl, I'd still root against the Pats.

This man is correct.

the Pats. Although if it ever came down to the Cowboys vs. the pats in the superbowl, that would be a hard choice.

• Like 1

How is Carolina "flawed"?

Weak cornerbacks.

That's about it, they're pretty solid otherwise.

Exactly right, I'd almost rather see Manning get beat in the AFC game by the Pats than get demolished and derp away another superbowl. Anyone hoping for some sort of super "Manning comeback" where he throws 3TDs and spectacularly wins a game is dreaming. He never even did that when he was at his best, never mind now when his arm is running on fumes & willpower.

I think the Panthers have a very good chance to beat NE in a Superbowl matchup. The Cardinals...not so much.

Exactly right, I'd almost rather see Manning get beat in the AFC game by the Pats than get demolished and derp away another superbowl. Anyone hoping for some sort of super "Manning comeback" where he throws 3TDs and spectacularly wins a game is dreaming. He never even did that when he was at his best, never mind now when his arm is running on fumes & willpower.

I think the Panthers have a very good chance to beat NE in a Superbowl matchup. The Cardinals...not so much.

Carolina should be favored against the Pats. Only real thing in the Pats' favor is that they have "been there" many times before whereas the Panthers have not (under Rivera and Newton). That's a big deal but still the Panthers are just better in every phase of the game.

Cardinals would be a tough matchup for the Pats but if Palmer was throwing away gimme INTs like he did against the Pack it would be an easy NE win. And Arians is no match for Belichick, IMO, although maybe I only think that because of that silly hat he's always wearing

Carolina should be favored against the Pats. Only real thing in the Pats' favor is that they have "been there" many times before whereas the Panthers have not (under Rivera and Newton). That's a big deal but still the Panthers are just better in every phase of the game.

Cardinals would be a tough matchup for the Pats but if Palmer was throwing away gimme INTs like he did against the Pack it would be an easy NE win. And Arians is no match for Belichick, IMO, although maybe I only think that because of that silly hat he's always wearing

The patriots being there before didn't help them much against the Giants.

Wager on that?

Gun to my head I take NE and the points. I'll be staying away from this game....betting wise.

NE isn't a lock against Denver but either Carolina or Arizona is a lock against Denver (but not New England) in the super bowl

I can go along this.

The patriots being there before didn't help them much against the Giants.

Well obviously that wasn't an issue in 2011 :doh:

I think a Pats v. Carolina superbowl line would be set at about Carolina -2.5 or something. But it also depends on what happens next weekend and how each team looks if they win. The only way I could see the Pats being favoured over the panthers is if they completely demolish the Broncos in every facet of the game, and Carolina say, barely squeaks by Arizona in a tight game. Also any injury to Newton as well, obviously impacts the line.

Right now today though, predicting the line, Carolina won't be favoured that much, so -2.5 feels about right, but maybe less than that.

I agree on the Cards, NE will pick him apart if he plays like that and it's agains them.

Oh yeah, that was the other time they beat them in the Super Bowl. My bad.

Have more respect for the storied history of your franchise. They'd won two Super Bowls before '08 including when tom Coughlin (and Bill belichick!) were on the staff.

Have more respect for the storied history of your franchise. They'd won two Super Bowls before '08 including when tom Coughlin (and Bill belichick!) were on the staff.

Coughlin was on the staff for only one of the prior Super Bowls.

Cardinals are hard to stop, too many weapons and a great defense themselves.

Denver plays extremely well at home. Peyton will want his last hoorah to be a super bowl win. I think he wants this more. I don't see the Cards putting up many points against Carolina. I see a Broncos/Panthers super bowl in the near future

Whiny posts like this really steal the thunder of your awesome avatar.

Only D, but the others are very close. Even the D is close.

• Like 1

Whiney.....just FYI.

Also, you know that the word Herbivore is derived from an old Indian name for Too Lazy To Hunt?

Only D, but the others are very close. Even the D is close.

We have the dynamic gamer scrambling QB vs. the more standard pocket QB. Call that a wash, but game on the line, gun to my head, I'd take Newton, that scrambling can be hard to stop.

WR - Yes I give ARI the edge here because of Fitz, but the Panters definitely have options. Cards are the better passing team.

RB - Given Newton is like a RB himself, and Stewart is respectable they get the edge here. Car is the better rushing team.

Defensively they're close as well in every category.

To me this game comes down to QB play, all things being equal, the QB who plays better and doesn't make costly turnover mistakes will win the game. I think that's going to be Newton, Palmer didn't inspire a lot of confidence last game, but we'll see.

We have the dynamic gamer scrambling QB vs. the more standard pocket QB. Call that a wash, but game on the line, gun to my head, I'd take Newton, that scrambling can be hard to stop.

WR - Yes I give ARI the edge here because of Fitz, but the Panters definitely have options. Cards are the better passing team.

RB - Given Newton is like a RB himself, and Stewart is respectable they get the edge here. Car is the better rushing team.

Defensively they're close as well in every category.

To me this game comes down to QB play, all things being equal, the QB who plays better and doesn't make costly turnover mistakes will win the game. I think that's going to be Newton, Palmer didn't inspire a lot of confidence last game, but we'll see.

I was comparing the Panthers to the Pats.

Cardinals are hard to stop, too many weapons and a great defense themselves.

Yeah - thats what I thought and was told. I hadnt seen them play until that GB game and they looked pretty weak to me. Palmer especially looked terrible. No way The Cards beat Carolina or NE or Denver for that matter if they play like that.

Yeah - thats what I thought and was told. I hadnt seen them play until that GB game and they looked pretty weak to me. Palmer especially looked terrible.

I think too many people went into that game with the mindset that history was going to repeat itself from the prior meeting this season. When Sam Shields was listed as active, that should've been a clear indication that the Packers defense would play considerably better.

Looking at this from a week-to-week situation, I think the Cardinals do have a good chance in this game. The Panthers defense has been prone to allowing receivers to slip behind coverage. It happened against Seattle a couple times where Wilson was unable to connect. The lackadaisical demeanor from the Panthers in the second half would worry me if I was a Carolina fan. I don't know whether this is Rivera not adjusting at halftime when they have a commanding lead, but it's certainly worrisome.