Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Rudnicki

2016 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

He was a sophomore this past season. He'll be in next year's NFL draft.

Thats what I thought.

When I do my draft rankings, I always do an extra 1 that combines this year with what could potentially be next years class also. My combined list had the top 3 rbs being from 2017, with him at #3.

What's 1.02 worth?

I'm guessing it'll be worth a decent amount after the NFL draft tbh. As of right now it's Treadwell and Zeke and I don't know if that's really up for debate. The question is whether either somehow loses their stronghold due to bad pro day/combine or bad landing spot in the actual draft.

What's 1.02 worth?

In my league people over value picks. I would say use it to package with a player to upgrade and get the best stud you can.

I like studs over picks no matter how good the pick.

The team I have with 1.02 is rebuilding. Have Yeldon, vereen and Kel benj. Can go zeke or treadwell, but if I can net established players I'd rather do that since it would shorten the road to competing.

The team I have with 1.02 is rebuilding. Have Yeldon, vereen and Kel benj. Can go zeke or treadwell, but if I can net established players I'd rather do that since it would shorten the road to competing.

Established studs over picks every time for me.

I think that can often be the best route but if you are talking about the roster I think you are, in the league we are in together, it may not be optimal.

I don't know the draft yet well enough but with that type of roster if I could move down into an area where there was still a solid target or two I felt good about and somehow turn that move into another 1st................. that would be ideal IMO. Maybe its 1.02 and a 2nd (this year or next) for a mid-first this year and a 2017 1st.........something like that...........I think you might be multiple pieces away from a serious run at this point but you are a great manager and lightning can strike in the form of WW pickups, beneficial trade, etc, you never know.

I think that can often be the best route but if you are talking about the roster I think you are, in the league we are in together, it may not be optimal.

I don't know the draft yet well enough but with that type of roster if I could move down into an area where there was still a solid target or two I felt good about and somehow turn that move into another 1st................. that would be ideal IMO. Maybe its 1.02 and a 2nd (this year or next) for a mid-first this year and a 2017 1st.........something like that...........I think you might be multiple pieces away from a serious run at this point but you are a great manager and lightning can strike in the form of WW pickups, beneficial trade, etc, you never know.

He can always pull a beernuts and strike it rich while being simultanteously lucky

This whopper went down in another league.

Team A gets pick 1.2,1.3,1.7,2.2, 3.5,3.7

Team B gets Odell Beckham Jr, 2017 2nd

Give be the stud every day over picks.

Give be the stud every day over picks.

It's not that simple. There's at least two scenarios where you would want the pick side of this trade,...if team A already has a strong stable of WRs, or if his team is bereft of talent to where getting 6 picks including 3 of the top 7 could really help the rebuilding process.

This whopper went down in another league.

Team A gets pick 1.2,1.3,1.7,2.2, 3.5,3.7

Team B gets Odell Beckham Jr, 2017 2nd

Yeah i wouldnt give up that much. I was actually told by someone that Leveon Bell isnt worth a 1st round rookie pick straight up.... huh?

Yeah i wouldnt give up that much. I was actually told by someone that Leveon Bell isnt worth a 1st round rookie pick straight up.... huh?

I have to agree Bell is not worth the a 1st round rookie pick. He's worth more.

It's not that simple. There's at least two scenarios where you would want the pick side of this trade,...if team A already has a strong stable of WRs, or if his team is bereft of talent to where getting 6 picks including 3 of the top 7 could really help the rebuilding process.

Agree with this completely. In addition I would add things like scoring, lineup, and roster size/rules matter greatly.

For instance in a league where there the starting lineup is 2 RB/2WR/1TE /1 flex compared to a league where the lineup is 2 RB/3WR/1TE 2 flex the potential for multiple quality players down the road by making the trade over a stud comes into play.

Whether there are large - deep rosters, whether there is a cutdown.......standard vs full PPR with the opportunity to take a couple of RBs high where the RB value vs WR can be a bit diminished.........all those things matter, but as petekrum notes the existing roster is the biggest determinant.

I make trades in leagues with slightly different rules and different rosters I would not make in another................. all the time.

Yikes! We all have different opinions on players and I don't blame anybody for having an "outside the box" valuation on any one guy but the only way I could see that personally is if somebody just questions Bell's ability to come back from the knee surgery with anywhere near the same level of effectiveness going forward. I have played with guys who just don't want to roster RBs/WRs who have had a knee surgery............. and they were good owners, just wanted to stay away from those guys based on the uncertainty of not only the near term rehab but also fear of future injuries.......sort of like the idea of a player who has 1 strike against for drug policy infraction, they only get so many strikes.

Recent offers I've heard about or received or made: Cam for Big Ben/Jordy Thoughts?

I see where this became a completed deal. I think its a good deal for both teams. The Big Ben side had no near term picks to improve the roster and already had a competitive roster so its a nice "2 starter for 1 trade for him near term" which improves his 2016 push. The owner on the Cam side has a young powerhouse squad with strong young WRs, so consolidating into Cam made a lot of sense for a window 2-5 yrs out. Not that his squad isn't capable of winning this year..... he would just need the young WRs to grow up immediately and that can and does happen.

Small deal.

Thats a very small deal. I am not a fan of any of those guys and wouldnt even have them rostered. I guess Crowder is the player id want most in case he becomes a starter. Still, i think Cousins is a mediocre qb who thrives in a bad division and easy sched. Its hard to see him making anyone but Reed consistent.

Thats a very small deal. I am not a fan of any of those guys and wouldnt even have them rostered. I guess Crowder is the player id want most in case he becomes a starter. Still, i think Cousins is a mediocre qb who thrives in a bad division and easy sched. Its hard to see him making anyone but Reed consistent.

Crowder has potential I believe, the other players are just parts.

I was not involved but do believe Crowder may be used a bit more with the departure of the Wash WRs possibly

Forte, K Carey, 1.11 and 2.08 for Hillman, CJ Anderson, Perriman and 3.06. Thoughts?

Too early to tell....What happens to Forte.... Carey is behind Langford on the depth chart....I am not too fond of this years draft after pick 1.7..... Maybe location of draftee may change that.....

Can't figure out what to think of Denver RBs....who should you start? Will they go down in value if Peyton leaves....I think one is a FA so if that guy leaves...do one of the many free agent rbs come in to split with the other? Perriman may be good if he can get healthy....he may study under Smiff and be good in 2 years....

Sorry for ramble....

I think I take Forte side....

Forte, K Carey, 1.11 and 2.08 for Hillman, CJ Anderson, Perriman and 3.06. Thoughts?

Close, but I take the Forte side. To many maybes on the other side. I've heard rumblings Denver might draft a RB early.

My thought is its like a Rorschach test, some will see one thing some another. Some could like Perriman and think he is undervalued, maybe contenders like Forte as a dice roll pending location. 1.11 don't see how anybody could really know yet......... this will all be a lot easier to evaluate in a couple of months but it seems like a coin flip-shuffle the deck move to me at this time.

Future events which are currently unknowable will have a big impact on the value of the deal, somebody will win and think they were smart

Give me the denver backfield and perriman over a bunch of junk. lol

Since when is Forte and 1.11 a bunch of junk?

There's a reason some guys fantasy teams end up 3-10. :)

I really wouldn't want either side.

No, it is that simple. I'd keep Beckham over a bunch of lottery tickets from a weak draft.

I'll keep the elite player and fill my roster in other ways. See "Rudnicki: Stud over picks".

Kopy, in this case the guy holding DEN backfield has Langford and no early picks.

I prefer having a roster of Forte (out of Chicago), Langford/Carrey and the two picks much more than Hillman/CJ who actually decrease the other's value.

Jdon, the DEN backfield was junk for most of this year.

yeah. I laughed at that...

you aren't lying...

so perriman is the stud in this trade? lol

Its not about wanting either side, its about discussing trades and value.

I know, and maybe I'm just a miserable pessimist sometimes. I just look at a deal like that and think it's just a trade to have somthing to do.

I'm a pretty big Forte guy. But his production has gone down in each of the last 2 years, now he's at the dreaded rb age of 30. And he's also now been replaced in chicago and is a free agent in a time where the stud rb is being replaced all over the league by passing attacks. Your really just hoping and praying someone gives him 1 last shot at a full time gig.

Carey is irrelevant, and the late picks in a weak draft class isn't to appealing.

On the flip side, the Denver rb situation is a mess like someone already mentioned. And I've been calling Perriman garbage for over a year now. I warned everyone to stay away from drafting him last year.

Again, maybe I'm just being grumpy, and twisting my arm, I'd rather have the Forte side, I guess. But I'm gonna stand by my its a trade just to make a trade cause someones bored side of things.

No, it is that simple. I'd keep Beckham over a bunch of lottery tickets from a weak draft.

I'll keep the elite player and fill my roster in other ways. See "Rudnicki: Stud over picks".

You're wrong and obviously have little or no experience playing dynasty. What if the guy had Julio, Allen Robinson, Eric Decker and Martavis Bryant as well as OBJ but had nothing at RB? He could come away with E. Elliot, Travis Henry, Alex Collins, and Tyler Boyd. Now maybe that's not the case. Maybe OBJ is far and away his best WR, and it f that's the case you don't make the deal, but to say it is that simple without knowing the roster details is ridiculous.

You're wrong and obviously have little or no experience playing dynasty. What if the guy had Julio, Allen Robinson, Eric Decker and Martavis Bryant as well as OBJ but had nothing at RB? He could come away with E. Elliot, Travis Henry, Alex Collins, and Tyler Boyd. Now maybe that's not the case. Maybe OBJ is far and away his best WR, and it f that's the case you don't make the deal, but to say it is that simple without knowing the roster details is ridiculous.

There are exceptions and if you get 4 firsts for OBJ, move him.

But you are wrong my friend if you would move a stud like OBJ for one maybe two high lottery tickets that you hope to be half as good as OBJ.