Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

Off-season Targets/Guys you are avoiding

Think Mike Evans will be available early 3rd? That'd be great. I'd be willing to probably take him late in the 2nd too.

Think you might have to spend the second rounder on him. But if he's there in the third, I think you're pulling the trigger on him as soon as it's your pick

Speaking strictly from a dynasty perspective. I would post my redraft targets, but they would all be wrong. I think I am the worst redrafter ever.

Buying:

QB:

Matt Ryan

Andrew Luck

RB:

None yet

WR:

Sammy Watkins

Allen Robinson

Kelvin Benjamin

Corey Davis

Cameron Meredith

TE:

None

Selling:

QB:none

RB:

Ajayi - Maybe

WR:

Devin Funchess

Sanu - for whatever i can get

TE:

Trey Burton

Jack Doyle

I disagree on Watkins and Doyle, but I do like the list.

I disagree on Watkins and Doyle, but I do like the list.

Sammy Watkins is a 24 year old WR that was a thousand yard WR his first 2 years with poor QB play. It is concerning that he looked like the 3rd best WR on the rams this year, but that is why he is a buy target. His potential outweighs his cost, he should be dirt cheap.

Sammy Watkins is a 24 year old WR that was a thousand yard WR his first 2 years with poor QB play. It is concerning that he looked like the 3rd best WR on the rams this year, but that is why he is a buy target. His potential outweighs his cost, he should be dirt cheap.

Dirt cheap is a relative term

According to the guy who runs DLFs mock startup dynasty drafts, here is where Sammy falls in startups.

The third round of January’s '18 DLF dynasty ADP…

3.01 Mixon

3.02 Diggs

3.03 ARob

3.04 C Davis

3.05 Landry

3.06 Hilton

3.07 Kelce

3.08 Thielen

3.09 Watkins

3.10 Henry

3.11 Baldwin

3.12 Howard

Every league is different, every owner different, scoring - settings matter, Startups are different than existing leagues yada-yada ..........but this as close to a "market" measure value as I know

IMO Sammy isn't dirt cheap but probably appropriately priced or simply unavailable in most leagues. Most owners that still own him do so for the ceiling at this point. Unless you can pry him away with a piece of value the other owner needs or covets (rookie fever?) he isn't changing rosters.

In a Startup it takes a late third or an early 4th. I think its good risk - reward at that price personally but I also think that's about appropriate at this point without more information (FA). FWIW I also think he looked a lot better than you do this year, but he simply wasn't targeted as a secondary read by a QB he had no time to develop any chemistry. He was open continuously despite having one of the tougher CB schedule matchups going into the season.

• Like 1

Dirt cheap is a relative term

According to the guy who runs DLFs mock startup dynasty drafts, here is where Sammy falls in startups.

The third round of Januarys '18 DLF dynasty ADP

3.01 Mixon

3.02 Diggs

3.03 ARob

3.04 C Davis

3.05 Landry

3.06 Hilton

3.07 Kelce

3.08 Thielen

3.09 Watkins

3.10 Henry

3.11 Baldwin

3.12 Howard

Every league is different, every owner different, scoring - settings matter, Startups are different than existing leagues yada-yada ..........but this as close to a "market" measure value as I know

IMO Sammy isn't dirt cheap but probably appropriately priced or simply unavailable in most leagues. Most owners that still own him do so for the ceiling at this point. Unless you can pry him away with a piece of value the other owner needs or covets (rookie fever?) he isn't changing rosters.

In a Startup it takes a late third or an early 4th. I think its good risk - reward at that price personally but I also think that's about appropriate at this point without more information (FA). FWIW I also think he looked a lot better than you do this year, but he simply wasn't targeted as a secondary read by a QB he had no time to develop any chemistry. He was open continuously despite having one of the tougher CB schedule matchups going into the season.

You are correct, if he costs that much I am passing.

Nelson Agholor seems to get more and more comfortable on a NFL field every year and is a solid target depending on draft position.

I find Watkins to be a very scary investment.

The Rams three top WRs where all new too the team, Woods and Watkins both came from Buffalo and Kupp was a rookie m

Woods avg 13 points per game in ppr with his new QB.

Kupp avg 11.9 points per game in ppr with his new QB.

Watkins avg 9.8 points per game in ppr with the same new QB.

And the three games Woods missed, Kupp the unproven rookie avg 17 ppr points per game while Watkins with all that great history that was noted above avg 13 points per game in ppr.

You can make the excuse that he was playing with a new team and a new QB, but so where the other two WRs and they both clearly out performed him.

So I would wait for Woods or Kupp.

So I stand with my statement, that I do indeed disagree about Watkins and Doyle.

Thank you for the reply

I find Watkins to be a very scary investment.

The Rams three top WRs where all new too the team, Woods and Watkins both came from Buffalo and Kupp was a rookie m

Woods avg 13 points per game in ppr with his new QB.

Kupp avg 11.9 points per game in ppr with his new QB.

Watkins avg 9.8 points per game in ppr with the same new QB.

And the three games Woods missed, Kupp the unproven rookie avg 17 ppr points per game while Watkins with all that great history that was noted above avg 13 points per game in ppr.

You can make the excuse that he was playing with a new team and a new QB, but so where the other two WRs and they both clearly out performed him.

So I would wait for Woods or Kupp.

So I stand with my statement, that I do indeed disagree about Watkins and Doyle.

Thank you for the reply

I mostly play dynasty, there is no waiting for woods or kupp. All the reasons you stated is why he may be cheap to acquire in dynasty leagues. I agree with all those points, he was the 3rd best WR last year on the Rams.

Another off-season target is Corey Coleman. He was injured again this year, outperformed down the stretch by Josh Gordan, and rumors that Terrell Pryor is coming back to Cleveland. He might be someone that a panicked owner will give up for cheap.

Some of these first rounders bounce back after being busts: Vincent Jackson, Crabtree, etc

Ppr I would go with J Williams.

any idea which GB rb should be targeted?

I'd lean towards Jones as the lead back. Could turn to a true committee once again with Ty Montgomery once again. But if I had to say now, I'd think Jones and Williams will get most of the work on the ground and Montgomery will get a little more action in the pass game/change of pace guy