Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

The Dynasty Q&A thread

If you could have any 2 of these guys listed which would you choose?

Dez Bryant

Mike Wallace

Phillip Rivers

Tonry Romo

I would choose Rivers 1 and Romo 2.

I would choose Rivers 1 and Romo 2.

starting one qb only i assume?

pretty vague question :dunno:

but I guess I take Rivers over Romo and Dez over Wallace (that one is close for me, Just slightly higher ceiling for Dez IMO)

but I guess I take Rivers over Romo and Dez over Wallace (that one is close for me, Just slightly higher ceiling for Dez IMO)

I was going back and forth on that second pick myself.

And I hate leaving points on the bench, which is what he'd be doing by having both qb's. But I didn't fell like Wallace or Bryant was a better pick, than Romo; even if he's just a backup.

I guess I just feel like I can always pull a wr out of nowhere if I had too.

I was going back and forth on that second pick myself.

And I hate leaving points on the bench, which is what he'd be doing by having both qb's. But I didn't fell like Wallace or Bryant was a better pick, than Romo; even if he's just a backup.

I guess I just feel like I can always pull a wr out of nowhere if I had too.

We have a superflex, but QB points are normalized, Last year QB 6 scored around WR 12.

I'd go Rivers and Wallace, there's something I don't trust about Dez. But who knows if the roles were reversed with Dez in Pitt, he might have performed at the same rate as Wallace. Wallace only had one more touchdown in his first 2 seasons than Bryant, but he will be more consistent IMO.

I'd go Rivers and Wallace, there's something I don't trust about Dez. But who knows if the roles were reversed with Dez in Pitt, he might have performed at the same rate as Wallace. Wallace only had one more touchdown in his first 2 seasons than Bryant, but he will be more consistent IMO.

That is who i ended up going with.

I didnt know it, but Rivers is 2 years younger than Romo.

Another thing I didnt know is that Mike Wallace is 6'0". He is so fast i just assumed he was 5'10".

The trades have been adding up since our dynasty league re-opened trading for the year on March 1st. We have now had 11 so far. I presented the first few trades using "Team A" and "Team B" descriptions partly because my team - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics - was involved in both of the first two.

Our league allows for drafting a limited number of college developmental picks in our 4 round rookie draft so Luck, Richardson, L Miller, L James, D Wilson, Polk, Blackmon, Floyd, and Jeffrey were drafted last year and are not available for this year's rookie draft because they are already rostered. We will cut our veterans down to 15 players on June 1, and after the rookie/dev draft (rounds 1 through 4), then rounds 5 through 9 are for the supplemental draft to bring our rosters to 20 active and 4 rookie/dev players.

Given that background, here is the complete list of trades for March:

1. •San Diego Schmucks gave up * Wilson, David FA RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.04

•The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Bryant, Dez DAL WR

2. •The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Jackson, Fred BUF RB;Moore, Denarius OAK WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 5.04

•Cheesehead gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2012 Draft Pick 5.01

3. •Cincinnati Prancers gave up Jennings, Rashad JAC RB;McCluster, Dexter KCC RB;Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR; Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Cincinnati Prancers

•Cheesehead gave up Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Cheesehead

4. •HitNRun gave up Green, Alex GBP RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 4.12

•San Diego Schmucks gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.02

5. •Duh Manning! gave up Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

•San Diego Schmucks gave up Helu, Roy WAS RB

6. •San Diego Schmucks gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 4.02; Year 2013 Round 8 Draft Pick from San Diego Schmucks

•HitNRun gave up Year 2013 Round 5 Draft Pick from HitNRun

7. •San Diego Schmucks gave up Baldwin, Jon KCC WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.07;Year 2012 Draft Pick 4.12

•Cheesehead gave up Hillis, Peyton KCC RB;McCluster, Dexter KCC RB;Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 4.01

8. •ColourHaze gave up Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

•The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.12

9. •The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.10

•Cincinnati Prancers gave up Williams, Mike TBB WR

10. •Combative Clowns gave up Gerhart, Toby MIN RB;Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

•Yeti Brethren gave up Johnson, Andre HOU WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.03

11. •Combative Clowns gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 6.07;Year 2012 Draft Pick 7.07

•Cheesehead gave up Vereen, Shane NEP RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 8.01;Year 2012 Draft Pick 9.01

This is posted to give you some idea of how our owners value their players for dynasty. Feel free to comment or ask questions about any of these trades, and I'll give you my perspective on them.

http://www29.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/48208#0

Our league allows for drafting a limited number of college developmental picks in our 4 round rookie draft so Luck, Richardson, L Miller, L James, D Wilson, Polk, Blackmon, Floyd, and Jeffrey were drafted last year and are not available for this year's rookie draft because they are already rostered.

Do you like this format? I've never played in a league with the developmental picks so I dont really have any experience with it... maybe somthing to try? :dunno:

8. •ColourHaze gave up Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

•The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.12

this seems a little out there? I think crabtree was way over valued IMO

Do you like this format? I've never played in a league with the developmental picks so I dont really have any experience with it... maybe somthing to try? :dunno:

I set this league up last year during the lockout, and the league filled fast, not knowing if we would even have a season. The developmental draft 'twist' was prolly the main thing that attracted some real top notch players (from both this site and FBGs). There is only one guy who does not like the developmental concept and would strongly prefer a standard rookie draft. Two are kind of neutral and the rest are really hooked on the concept. It adds an extra layer of strategy and complexity to what is already a dynasty league with sophisticated bylaws. We also have 1.5 ppr for TEs, points for return yardage and TDs, and a 3 year limit for actively rostered players. Definitely not for novice players who are not well grounded in player valuation and game theory.

Any league that has 5 members on the site at the same time on a weekday night in late March like ours did recently is a pretty active site, and reflects the caliber and dedication of the owners to fantasy football. But I love it!

this seems a little out there? I think crabtree was way over valued IMO

Understand that I was (and am still) very weak at WR. Since the 1.12 really equates to approx a 2.05 without the developmental effect, I felt that Crabs was more than fair value for this pick. With Crabtree moving to the slot this year (which I feel is his most natural position) personally I feel that he has good upside this year. At any rate, buying Tampa Mike with 1.10 and Crabs at 1.12 I believe are very good values.

We must cut down to 15 active players by June 1- developmental players may also be kept at the cost of a developmental draft pick. Here's my complete team at this point

Eli, Freeman, Flynn, Webb*

Bradshaw, De Williams, D Wilson*, McGahee, Powell*, Brinkley*

Crabtree, M Williams, Amendola, D Baldwin. Cobb, Salas, Cribbs, Bennett

Finley, Olsen, Cook

Rookie 1.01 (will prolly be RG3 unless I get a veteran stud trade offer), 1.04, 2.09, 3.04, Supplemental draft is 5.01 (again the 1st pick of the left-overs), 6.04, 7.04, 8.04, 9.04

League and bylaws at: http://www29.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/48208#0

There was a great discussion (both pro and con) of the developmental draft concept in our league message board recently under "Observations".

Rookie 1.01 (will prolly be RG3 unless I get a veteran stud trade offer)

100% RG3 is your pick? is this based on team needs or is this your recomendation accros the board?

100% RG3 is your pick? is this based on team needs or is this your recomendation accros the board?

nevermind.. just went back and looked at the list of devolemental players selected and I guess most of the top 10 are taken already..

I guess in this format RG3 is a HUGE score at 1.01

I am currently trying to move Forte for the 1st overall pick. In turn, I would then trade down for the 2nd overall and Britt.

I would then grab Blackmon at #2 and hope for the best.

My hope is to build on my WR's, currently sitting on Marhall, Nicks, Little, Amendola, and waiver fodder.

Do you think Blackmon will be that good his rookie year? Who do you think will draft him?

Do you think Blackmon will be that good his rookie year? Who do you think will draft him?

+1 Skurzilla makes a good point. Even though I think I know where (in my case, RG#) will land, much depends on the opportunity the other player I'm considering will land in.

I'm not saying that drafting Blackmon would be wrong, I'd simply advise that you keep an open mind if your rookie draft is later than the NFL draft. Opportunity is of paramount importance when drafting in a very early draft slot where you expect or need immediate first year production. I don't think Matt Waldman would mind me giving away a free little morsel from his RSP, but I was mildly surprised that based solely on his film study, Michael Floyd was his highest ranked Wide Receiver. If I were in need of a WR, I'd take whichever one lands in the superior spot.

As you get farther down in your rookie draft, then TALENT trumps opportunity and positional need. But I think that for the first half-dozen picks in this rookie draft, I'd look at positional need and opportunity as my primary criteria, because the top 5 are all elite talents depending on what you are looking for.

I know Mike introduced Doug's article "Dynasty Rankings: Quarterbacks" in it's own thread, but since this has become our unofficial dynasty thread, I think it should be linked here as well.

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/orth/12_dynasty_qbs.html

Doug did a great job on these and you will not find a better set of dynasty rankings anywhere else on the internet in my humble opinion.

I know Mike introduced Doug's article "Dynasty Rankings: Quarterbacks" in it's own thread, but since this has become our unofficial dynasty thread, I think it should be linked here as well.

Doug did a great job on these and you will not find a better set of dynasty rankings anywhere else on the internet in my humble opinion.

Very well done. This is the kind off analysis that i love to read. Whether you agree or disagree where players should be ranked is irrelevant, we all have different opinions. But it's the in depth reasoning for their rankings that make it worth while. You can tell when a writer does him homework and gives his all in an article.

I hope we get a RB/WR/and TE links as well.

:thumbsup:

:first: +1

New team 12 team dynasty ppr

start 1 qb, 2-3 rbs, 2-4 wrs, 1 te, 1k, 1 D/st

My team

QB Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RBs Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner, Mikel Leshoure, Ryan Grant, Evan Royster, Deangelo Williams

WRs Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Smith (car) Antonio Brown, Eddie Royal, Jordan Norwood, Mike Thomas, jarrett Dillard, Devonne Bess, Doug Baldwin, Danario Alexander, Andre Roberts

TE Gronk, Celek, Housler

K Henery, Kasay

D/ST Lions, Saints

pick 1.3, 2.1, 2.3, 3.2

I got offered 1.1 and Bilall Poweel

I give Nicks and 1.3

I'd definitely not do that trade. Nicks is a young stud; easily the equivalent of a 1.01 rookie draft pick. Bilol Powell has some talent but is right now buried on the Jets depth chart. It is unknown if and when he will ever be given the chance to be a lead back in the NFL, and also unknown if he would produce at a high level when he gets that chance.

There are perhaps 6 elite talents in this draft that should produce in their rookie year and grow from there (two at each position). So I see very little drop-off from 1.01 to 1.03.

I got offered 1.1 and Bilall Poweel

I give Nicks and 1.3

This is a VERY bad deal for you..

I'm not sure I would trade richardson straight for nicks

your deal is richardson for nicks and (rg3/luck/floyd/ect)

This is a VERY bad deal for you..

I'm not sure I would trade richardson straight for nicks

your deal is richardson for nicks and (rg3/luck/floyd/ect)

he's right, stay away from this deal.

Opinions

I have the 1.04 in the rookie draft coming up the next couple of months.I don't think I will be able to jump up to get Richardson (prob will go in the top 2 MAYBE 3) and I really don't need a QB. Are there any DEs out there I need to keep an eye on come NFL draft day that would be worth the fourth pick or should I try to trade down?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the top 4 players currently are Blackmon, Richardson, Luck and RG3 but I only need Richardson and I just don't think he will be there.

Thanks

I've never played in an IDP, but friends who have tell me that they still value the offensive skill positions more than a defensive end when it comes to a rookie draft.

Not taking into account the two premier QBs in this draft, I'm thinking that you are really undervaluing the talent just beyond the players you mentioned at the RB and WR positions. There just isn't THAT much of a drop-off from Richardson to Doug Martin. And then for backs with McCoy/Charles/McFadden potential that you may have to wait on a few years for them to make the adjustment to the NFL, but there is no question that L Miller and Wilson have that kind of potential. Really.

As for WRs, I wouldn't blame anyone who took Floyd ahead of Blackmon. After that, there are two more guys that I would put only a hair below them.

All of the guys I mentioned above are low risk, high reward picks. If you traded down below the top half dozen or so, you still have a chance at getting a guy who can contribute at some point in the right system, but your odds of hitting that guy drop sharply. I'd stay in the top 4 for sure, even if I didn't need a QB or a WR.

I've never played in an IDP, but friends who have tell me that they still value the offensive skill positions more than a defensive end when it comes to a rookie draft.

Not taking into account the two premier QBs in this draft, I'm thinking that you are really undervaluing the talent just beyond the players you mentioned at the RB and WR positions. There just isn't THAT much of a drop-off from Richardson to Doug Martin. And then for backs with McCoy/Charles/McFadden potential that you may have to wait on a few years for them to make the adjustment to the NFL, but there is no question that L Miller and Wilson have that kind of potential. Really.

As for WRs, I wouldn't blame anyone who took Floyd ahead of Blackmon. After that, there are two more guys that I would put only a hair below them.

All of the guys I mentioned above are low risk, high reward picks. If you traded down below the top half dozen or so, you still have a chance at getting a guy who can contribute at some point in the right system, but your odds of hitting that guy drop sharply. I'd stay in the top 4 for sure, even if I didn't need a QB or a WR.

If you need a WR, and Blackmon is going to be taken. Floyd sure is a nice consolation prize.

Today I traded Evan Royster and Lance Moore for 2.3

So now I have 1.11 and 2.3 I'm still looking to get another 2nd rounder, and have a couple guys I can try to move. I'm also still looking to draft WR's (I have 3 that i really like),unless a top RB or QB falls. But that's highly unlikely.

Have an offer for either Stafford or Newton. I can't keep both. Thoughts? I'm leaning both ways on this one.

This comes down to: Do you prefer a caramel or a chocolate sundae?

Opinions

I have the 1.04 in the rookie draft coming up the next couple of months.I don't think I will be able to jump up to get Richardson (prob will go in the top 2 MAYBE 3) and I really don't need a QB. Are there any DEs out there I need to keep an eye on come NFL draft day that would be worth the fourth pick or should I try to trade down?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the top 4 players currently are Blackmon, Richardson, Luck and RG3 but I only need Richardson and I just don't think he will be there.

Thanks

1.04 Will be way to early to think def player..take the best available player and look to trade for a 2nd or 3rd year back that can help you right away,

I find the first few rookies taken are ushually overvalued in the couple months between the draft and camp.

Have an offer for either Stafford or Newton. I can't keep both. Thoughts? I'm leaning both ways on this one.

I would keep stafford, lower floor

completed a pretty solid deal last night in my main Dynasty league

I gave: 1.08, 2.12, 2.16, 3.08, 4.08

recieved: Hakeem Nicks, Curtis Loftin, Devin Mccourty

My logic is my team was pretty set in most areas and I think this deal will help me make that last push for the championship.. some may say I gave up too many picks but I would rather have three young guys who I know rather then 5 that I dont..

thoughts??

completed a pretty solid deal last night in my main Dynasty league

I gave: 1.08, 2.12, 2.16, 3.08, 4.08

recieved: Hakeem Nicks, Curtis Loftin, Devin Mccourty

My logic is my team was pretty set in most areas and I think this deal will help me make that last push for the championship.. some may say I gave up too many picks but I would rather have three young guys who I know rather then 5 that I dont..

thoughts??

I'm useless for you in idp leagues.

But if I were to cut the deal in half and look at it from a 1.08 pick, compared to Nicks.

The tier 1 rb's should be gone, and so should Blackmon and Floyd, who I have alone as tier 1 wr's.

So it would be Nicks versus tier 2 rb's and wr's. And I would much rather have Nicks.

Sorry that's not much help.

I'm useless for you in idp leagues.

But if I were to cut the deal in half and look at it from a 1.08 pick, compared to Nicks.

The tier 1 rb's should be gone, and so should Blackmon and Floyd, who I have alone as tier 1 wr's.

So it would be Nicks versus tier 2 rb's and wr's. And I would much rather have Nicks.

Sorry that's not much help.

I put nicks even with the 1.08, 2.12 and maybe even the 2.16

Lofton was a top ten scoring LB last year in our format so the 3rd and 4th seemed like I won there

Mccourty is a young DB with job security and I would say is top 25ish, felt like a freebee to me..

all in all my team needed studs more then devolpmental players. I am looking at my day one starting lineup and all three players will be in it..

FWIW, I like the Nicks deal a lot!

I spent considerable time last week re-ordering my rookie analysis to put together a pre-NFL-draft three round rookie draft as if the rookie draft would be today. Those who have followed my Rookie All Star rankings, Pre-Combine Rankings, and Post Combine comments will not find any great shock here. I'm not going to even attempt a Round 4, because at that level there is little to differentiate NFL translatible talent; it will become mainly a function of a player's opportunity and intangibles.

Top Three Rounds Rookie Draft - My Pre-draft Ranking

Round 1

1. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

2a. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

2b. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

4a. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

4b. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

4c. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

7. Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

8. David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech

9a. Chris Polk, RB, Washington

9b. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami-Florida

11a. Marvin Jones, WR, Cal

11b. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

Round 2

13. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

14. Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State

15. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona

16. Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State

17. Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati

18. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

19. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

20. Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

21. Rueben Randle, WR, LSU

22. Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

23. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

24. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

Round 3

25. Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M

26. Chris Rainey, RB/WR, Florida

27. Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas

28. Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette

29. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

30. Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota State

31. Bobby Rainey, RB, Western KY

32. Tauren Poole, RB, Tennessee

33. Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple

34. Orson Charles, TE, Georgia

35. Michael Smith, RB, Utah State

36. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

I reveiwed and re-reviewed these rankings and feel good about where I have them pegged. Since I've previously commented in detail on virtually all of these guys in the other posts I mentioned above, I'll post these without any comment. However, I'll be happy to try to justify my rankings of any specific players, so feel free to express your opinions.

FWIW, I like the Nicks deal a lot!

I spent considerable time last week re-ordering my rookie analysis to put together a pre-NFL-draft three round rookie draft as if the rookie draft would be today. Those who have followed my Rookie All Star rankings, Pre-Combine Rankings, and Post Combine comments will not find any great shock here. I'm not going to even attempt a Round 4, because at that level there is little to differentiate NFL translatible talent; it will become mainly a function of a player's opportunity and intangibles.

Top Three Rounds Rookie Draft - My Pre-draft Ranking

Round 1

1. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

2a. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

2b. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

4a. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

4b. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

4c. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

7. Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

8. David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech

9a. Chris Polk, RB, Washington

9b. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami-Florida

11a. Marvin Jones, WR, Cal

11b. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

Round 2

13. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

14. Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State

15. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona

16. Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State

17. Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati

18. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

19. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

20. Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

21. Rueben Randle, WR, LSU

22. Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

23. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

24. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

Round 3

25. Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M

26. Chris Rainey, RB/WR, Florida

27. Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas

28. Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette

29. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

30. Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota State

31. Bobby Rainey, RB, Western KY

32. Tauren Poole, RB, Tennessee

33. Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple

34. Orson Charles, TE, Georgia

35. Michael Smith, RB, Utah State

36. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

I reveiwed and re-reviewed these rankings and feel good about where I have them pegged. Since I've previously commented in detail on virtually all of these guys in the other posts I mentioned above, I'll post these without any comment. However, I'll be happy to try to justify my rankings of any specific players, so feel free to express your opinions.

Great list as always! :cheers:

how much do you expect this list to change depending on where guys end up after the draft?

obviously the top 5 are pretty solid no matter what happens but could you see one of the late 1st round wr/rb's making a big jump if put in the right situation?

1 question for you madd.

Where do you think you would have ranked WR Ryan Broyles, had it not been for his injury this year?

I've been rechecking my WR notes/rankings, and have started to look at some early dynasy mocks. And I'm beginning to believe he could be a real sneaky shark move at the end of the draft.

1 question for you madd.

Where do you think you would have ranked WR Ryan Broyles, had it not been for his injury this year?

I've been rechecking my WR notes/rankings, and have started to look at some early dynasy mocks. And I'm beginning to believe he could be a real sneaky shark move at the end of the draft.

You could be on to something, he reminds me of a cross between OJ McDuffie/Reggie Wayne. How bad was his knee injury?

how much do you expect this list to change depending on where guys end up after the draft?

obviously the top 5 are pretty solid no matter what happens but could you see one of the late 1st round wr/rb's making a big jump if put in the right situation?

You are right. I don't foresee much change in the top seven, but after that the list might change a great deal based on the situation these guys get drafted into. While I love David Wilson's talent, I think he could get drafted into poor situation for his talent, so anyone could move into the #8 spot based on being drafted into an ideal situation.

1 question for you madd.

Ryan Broyles might have landed as high as the bottom part of the 1st round on this list with a good 2011 college season if he hadn't torn his ACL last year. So yes, I see him as a potentially trememdous value if he drops in your rookie draft to anywhere in round 3.

BTW, coincidentally I drafted him as my only developmental pick last year with my 3.06 rookie pick (just one spot later than I have him at right now - but obviously college players are not included in my rookie list here). Based on his injury I dropped him back into the draft pool. Now I wish I'd have carried him all last season on my developmental squad.