Sign in to follow this  
bobby heenan

McCaffrey 8th overall for a punt returner

Maybe I'm missing something and maybe Carolina is just waiting for later in the year and playoffs to unleash him....but his usage to me is mind boggling...there is 0 creativity ...

They are winning and moving the ball so you can't really blame them....but there will come a time when they cant...will they know how to get this guy the ball and make a difference come playoff time?

I know he's a rookie and Carolina has trusted vets around that some other teams dont....but I have to say McCaffrey is wasting away here

He's got a long way to go in figuring out how to get around his lack of size like the other guys in his weight class have successfully over the years. Still adjusting to the NFL speed and size.

He's white and he's soft...i.e. he gets tackled easily and he might be college football fast but doesn't look nfl fast to me. I got him in 2 leagues passing up Fournette both times. Stupid me.

22 in ppr for him tonite, great game. Every year there are guys who take time and bust out the last 8 games. He’s already been fine, no fewer than 8 points and only had that 2 games. But he can only get better as the season goes on.

A white rookie RB playing for CAR where Newton steals rushing TDs.

Yeah... good luck.

not even worried about rushing TDs with him....more worried about opportunities and catches

22 in ppr for him tonite, great game. Every year there are guys who take time and bust out the last 8 games. He’s already been fine, no fewer than 8 points and only had that 2 games. But he can only get better as the season goes on.

he ended the night with good numbers....but its a game they trailed in and were struggling in

3 of his 5 catches in the 1st half were late in the 2 minute drill....i didnt watch the 2nd half but he had 5 catches and a td....were they similar? garbage time?

IMO this team needs to find ways to get him involved early and get him open in space...they seem to lack creativity and dont seem concerned with getting him going early to create points for themselves......it seems like hes a "catch up" option to them

It certainly doesn't hurt his value that fozzy whitaker was carted off and J-Stew Has been dreadful...

playing from behind had a large part in his usage, but I'll take it. He is already the most targeted rookie RB in the league. If he can get a couple of carries a game, 5 touches for 5 yds and slide in a TD then he's a consistent Flex/Bye week player. He was close to breaking one yesterday, sooner or later that long TD is coming. 4 rushes for 8 yds isn't anything, but 10 catches for 56 yds and a TD is pretty good. If he can hit the next plateau of 15-20 touches per game he'll make solid starter status.

playing from behind had a large part in his usage, but I'll take it. He is already the most targeted rookie RB in the league. If he can get a couple of carries a game, 5 touches for 5 yds and slide in a TD then he's a consistent Flex/Bye week player. He was close to breaking one yesterday, sooner or later that long TD is coming. 4 rushes for 8 yds isn't anything, but 10 catches for 56 yds and a TD is pretty good. If he can hit the next plateau of 15-20 touches per game he'll make solid starter status.

i agree

its just annoying...the kid had a full camp he was healthy for...they spent the 8th pick on him...and its like they dont wanna use him unless they are trailing or in a 2 minute drill at the end of the half...id like to see him involved out the gate to build a lead...id like to see more creativity in getting him the ball.....

i feel like his touches will increase gradually....hes solid....i know im complaining about a guy on pace to catch 99 balls....just want more creativity in getting him the ball early...i will say this though it does seem like teams are paying alot of attention to him

He is what most thought he'd be, a RB2 in PPR with RB1 potential.

I agree, he's exactly what we thought he would be.

An I'm glad to have him has my flex start so far this season.