Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

John Wick

Was on basic cable tonight. No way Im paying for Keanu.

Im a big fan of action and shooting and stuff, but the dude kills like 89 people. I dont know, just got tedious.

Payback has roughly the same macro plotline. It is a thousand times better than this.

Plus, dont hurt dogs!

I enjoyed it, once it got past the painful part of watching Keanu Reeves trying to show emotions. :dunno:

It's ok, moderately entertaining

I thought it was worth a watch. I wouldn't watch it if it was edited for commercials or tv.

Another good action movie that is underrated imo is Dredd.

I liked it.

"What is he, the boogie man?"

"No! He's the guy you call to kill the f0ckin boogie man."

• Like 1

Thought it was excellent, im not looking for academy award type emotional portrayals in my guns and slaughter action movies. If you are, your being unrealistic. John wick 2 comes out this year!!!!

I've seen it a few times, enjoyed it every time. Looking forward to the sequel.

Keanu training for John Wick 2.

He's running 3 gun stuff in this video. I'll say he's a bit sloppy, and slightly unsafe, but he's getting it on.

There's NO doubt he's been training hard. I'm impressed.

• Like 2

I will have to admit, he did well enough on that scripted run to suggest he can roll. It does tend to get a little different when shots are coming back down range at you.....there is a distinctively different sound to those rounds shot AT you vs the ones just fired nearby.....and a distinctively different sensation that comes with the knowledge that they can see you, you cant see them, and they have you dialed in....

I liked it for what it was. It did drag a bit toward the end.

"Listen! Huh? John will come for you, and you will do nothing because you can do nothing, so get the fock out of my sight!"

Viggo Tarasov: I heard you struck my son.

Aurelio: Yes, sir, I did.

Viggo Tarasov: And may I ask why?

Aurelio: Yeah, well, because he stole John Wick's car, sir, and, uh, killed his dog.

Viggo Tarasov: [pause] Oh.

Yeah, not a cinematic masterpiece but enjoyable enough. I'll watch the 2nd. Won't pay to see it but will watch when it comes on HBO/Showtime.

In (sort of ) fairness, I thought Payback was one of the better remakes.

The direction, the cinematography, the wry humor, the cleverness, the

way the characters (Good and Bad) were fleshed out - and not just

cartoon cut-outs - or worse yet, just bullet fodder.

The comparison is somewhat facile - in that I'm focusing on the

anti-hero going after the privileged, entitled, punk son of the

powerful mob lord.

Still, John Wick was simply bang-bang with a bunch of matrix-type

bodies flying, twisting impossibly far and long. Yeah, we get it:

Bungi cords and green screens - it's been done.

The characters were mostly cartoons - and the truly interesting ones?

I'm giving the Director the BOD by assuming most of their best work

was left on the cutting room floor.

However, it had Keanu in it. I shouldn't have had any expectations.

But I'm still pissed about the dog.

In (sort of ) fairness, I thought Payback was one of the better remakes.

The direction, the cinematography, the wry humor, the cleverness, the

way the characters (Good and Bad) were fleshed out - and not just

cartoon cut-outs - or worse yet, just bullet fodder.

The comparison is somewhat facile - in that I'm focusing on the

anti-hero going after the privileged, entitled, punk son of the

powerful mob lord.

Still, John Wick was simply bang-bang with a bunch of matrix-type

bodies flying, twisting impossibly far and long. Yeah, we get it:

Bungi cords and green screens - it's been done.

The characters were mostly cartoons - and the truly interesting ones?

I'm giving the Director the BOD by assuming most of their best work

was left on the cutting room floor.

However, it had Keanu in it. I shouldn't have had any expectations.

But I'm still pissed about the dog.

Relax Ebert, its about the story

I agree to compare to Payback is just not fair

I've never seen Payback, but John Wick has a higher rating on both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes. :dunno:

I've never seen Payback, but John Wick has a higher rating on both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes. :dunno:

RT is replete with dim-witted Millenials who think The Matrix is the Epitome of Film Making.

They're also most likely to shoot up their High School - until they realize they can't fly through

the air whilst wearing sunglasses and a trenchcoat.

Payback is a GREAT movie.

Pretty decent flick. But you're right, Payback told the same story only 10x better.

If you're looking to have your mind blown check out The Raid:Redemption. Easily the best action flick of the past twenty years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dUp2uOcEY0

The Raid 2 is not quite as good but still the best action flick in a long time. Plus you can watch the full movie in HD on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k286GVnq_K0

You're welcome.

Just saw it for the first time. It was pretty good. Has to be the record for head shots. It's like he was killing zombies the way he insisted on putting one in the brain.

Payback was better.

Just saw Ian McShane is in John Wick 2... Hopefully he has a line with "cocksucker" in it.

Never seen Payback. :(

I watched it last week, then re-watched John Wick. IMO there is no comparison -- Wick is 92734892X better than Payback. I can't believe you mooks are fawning over Payback. The characters are totally different as well; Gibson plays a 2-bit thief, Wick is a killing machine. Mel chasing his measly $70,000 adds a humor element that JW lacks; JW is much darker. The alt-world the criminals set up in JW is an interesting twist.

John Wick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Payback :thumbsup:

I watched it last week, then re-watched John Wick. IMO there is no comparison -- Wick is 92734892X better than Payback. I can't believe you mooks are fawning over Payback. The characters are totally different as well; Gibson plays a 2-bit thief, Wick is a killing machine. Mel chasing his measly $70,000 adds a humor element that JW lacks; JW is much darker. The alt-world the criminals set up in JW is an interesting twist.

This. No idea why payback is being put in the same conversation. Wick was just a savage movie the whole way. Even if the sequel sucks I'll be watching it and expect mucho entertainment.

Now we know who IAM90S really is.

Just Wick last night. Good movie. Payback was better. One of Mel's better movies.

If I was a bad guy, I'd rather be Porter. Bad mo-fo but somewhat honest with low morals. Wick was close, but not Porter.

And the cinematography was much better.

Where did they come up with "Wick"? All I can think of when I hear that is Carol and Mr. Henderson.

Where did they come up with "Wick"? All I can think of when I hear that is Carol and Mr. Henderson.

I always read IMDb after seeing a movie so I learned the answer Saturday. Kolstad is the writer.

"Derek Kolstad's grandfather, 88-year-old John Wick served as an inspiration for the movie's title and character name."

I always read IMDb after seeing a movie so I learned the answer Saturday. Kolstad is the writer.

"Derek Kolstad's grandfather, 88-year-old John Wick served as an inspiration for the movie's title and character name."

Ah, okay. It sounds almost as weird to me as "Jack Reacher". Kolstad would have been a better name for him. Or maybe just come up with a different name for the movie than the guy's name (like "Headshot"). Just some suggestions. :dunno:

Just watched a movie called S.W.A.T.

I had never even heard of it before, but not to bad. Another action shoot'em up type movie. It was a good way to have a couple beers and pass the time before bed.

Keanu training for John Wick 2.

He's running 3 gun stuff in this video. I'll say he's a bit sloppy, and slightly unsafe, but he's getting it on.

There's NO doubt he's been training hard. I'm impressed.

He's all over with his grip, stance, and movement. He looks really erratic and you know... noobie. Practice and repetition realizing smooth is fast will tighten his game up.

Does look like he's having fun and I bet he sticks with it.