Photo

Man is arrested five days after 'he killed a data programmer with a single punch'

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

I guess the guy really didn't want to put his pit bull on a leash. I hope he enjoys pictures of his pit bull while rotting in jail.

One thing I don't understand is why is he only charged with involuntary manslaughter? He voluntarily decided to take his chances by punching the guy which the result could be just what happened. Also, he ran away and didn't help the guy after he saw him smack his head on the ground and who could have been still alive at the moment.

http://www.msn.com/e...5pOP?ocid=ientp

Philadelphia police have charged a man with involuntary manslaughter after he punched a fellow dog walker who fell to the ground and smashed his head- and ultimately died from the impact.  

Matthew Oropeza, 24, turned himself into the police on Thursday. Police say he punched Drew Justice, 38, Saturday night around 9.15pm during an argument in which Oropeza was asked to put his pit bull on a leash because Justice was concerned for the safety of his little Shih Tzu. 

Police say he punched Justice in the face, causing him to fall backward and hit his head on the ground. After Justice hit the ground, Oropeza bolted from the scene.  

#2 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,674 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

Their owners are as bad and untrustworthy as their pets

#3 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,100 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

Pit bull owners- absolute filth. They prove it again and again.

#4 Patriotsfatboy1

Patriotsfatboy1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 38,038 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

The charges could change, but I think that they are going to start with involuntary manslaughter as they don't think that there was intent to kill.  

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

#5 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

The charges could change, but I think that they are going to start with involuntary manslaughter as they don't think that there was intent to kill.  

They are possibly threatening him with some additional charges leaving the scene maybe murder, and other things to scare him enough to just accept  the original charge. :dunno:   

#6 nzoner

nzoner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

Patrick Mahomes owns a Pitbull named Steele :(

"NOTHING MATTERS BUT THE WEEKEND,FROM A TUESDAY POINT OF VIEW."

#7 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,100 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

Patrick Mahomes owns a Pitbull named Steele :(

Filth. I hope he takes a chomp on his leg and ruins him. I will laugh.

#8 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,929 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:51 AM

Not true in every case, but owning a Pit Bull is a damb good indicator of ones character in pretty often.

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- George Washington

#9 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,100 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

If Pit Bulls only attacked their owners no one would own one.

#10 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,018 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

You see the fangs on that blonde pitbull?  Scary. 

Being an ass hole is all part of my manly essence

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it..

#11 nzoner

nzoner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:54 AM

Filth. I hope he takes a chomp on his leg and ruins him. I will laugh.

With the luck the Chiefs have I would not be one bit surprised.

"NOTHING MATTERS BUT THE WEEKEND,FROM A TUESDAY POINT OF VIEW."

#12 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

I missed this part at the end of the article:

"Oropeza is facing the charges of involuntary manslaughter, simple assault and reckless endangerment of another person." 

I bet the victim's fiancée is just crushed. She looked so happy in those pics. :(

#13 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,929 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

Right.  How about killing a guy over him asking you to leash your death hound....this guy sounds like a great member of society....

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- George Washington

#14 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,100 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

It isn't always sunny in Philadelphia. But it's always trashy

#15 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,674 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:48 PM

Illegal ?

#16 Gladiators

Gladiators

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

Wait just a second.  He was a data programmer?  Is that a new "group" we're trying to bring awareness to?  Was this a hate crime?

Or is the media subconsciously telling us he was a poosay?

#17 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 24,253 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:58 AM

Not true in every case, but owning a Pit Bull is a damb good indicator of ones character in pretty often.

This. One of the smartest guys I know owns one but when asked why he owns one 'cuz she's focking bada$$ man'. 

The liability risk associated just is not worth owning one. Do insurance companies jack up their premiums if you do own one? If not, they probably should.

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#18 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

Im in 100% support of banning the ownership of pitbulls. If you own one now you are grandfathered in, but thats it.

#19 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 70,051 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Im in 100% support of banning the ownership of pitbulls. If you own one now you are grandfathered in, but thats it.

This won't work. Some communities do ban them. So now there's whole groups of people who own American bulldogs. ;-).
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#20 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:18 AM

This won't work. Some communities do ban them. So now there's whole groups of people who own American bulldogs. ;-).

Someone should come up with a number. Pit bulls and any dog that has X% pit bull in them is now illegal. Boom done, go get a golden retriever ya hooligan.

#21 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,929 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

I am going to help you here, dont say this out loud or people will pretend you are racist....YWIA

- George Washington

#22 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 70,051 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

Wait just a second.  He was a data programmer?  Is that a new "group" we're trying to bring awareness to?  Was this a hate crime?

Or is the media subconsciously telling us he was a poosay?

Maybe he's still programmed with Punch cards?

Hey hey, 70s humor...😁
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker