Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Packers RB coach wishes Lacy was averaging 24 handoffs per

You and I both Ben

Coach Mike McCarthy and the rest of the Packers' coaching staff said they want to get Eddie Lacy more carries moving forward.

"The analysis of our offense after two games, the running backs have not been given enough opportunities," McCarthy said. "That's something I need to focus on." Lacy has performed well when given his chances, but he has just 26 carries through two games, turning them into 111 yards. "I wish he was averaging 24 handoffs a game," said RBs coach Ben Sirmans. "We’ll see when that happens." It could happen if the Packers stop giving James Starks (0.9 YPC) so many snaps.

Yahtzee, this is the news I have been waiting for. Lacy is still running well just not getting carries. Now if MM and ARodg can get over themselves and their egos, the offense can look normal.

I wish he was getting 24 carries a game too. I need him to produce!

Oh yea, this is wonderful news! F you!!!

Playing against Lacy this week. He'll probably have 120 2TDs. I hate FF.

i HAVE lacy and have had him benched. to me, this means nothing. MAYBE i'll start him now but doubtful

Oh yea, this is wonderful news! F you!!!

Playing against Lacy this week. He'll probably have 120 2TDs. I hate FF.

they say this....yet they get a 1st and goal from the 1 and run lacy once for no gain...then the next play are throwing to jordy.....lets face it....if you gave aaron rodgers two choices....1. throw the ball 40+ times and have 50/50 chance to win the superbowl or 2. throw the ball 22 times and 100 percent chance you win the superbowl...hed take option 1

Last year no jordy nelson and lacy lost the starting role. This year with jordy they find gold with lacy, kind of cheesy

Last year no jordy nelson and lacy lost the starting role. This year with jordy they find gold with lacy, kind of cheesy

What?

I'd love to see him get tons of carries to so he can get his fat body injured and I can play Starks.

I'd love to see him get tons of carries to so he can get his fat body injured and I can play Starks.

This

Hasn't been injury prone, has ran well (4.3 ypc) and Starks has sucked. There's hope for a big turnaround, but it's up to MM and Rodgy.

Hasn't been injury prone, has ran well (4.3 ypc) and Starks has sucked. There's hope for a big turnaround, but it's up to MM and Rodgy.

Ya...don't count on it...those two are in love with each other ....Mccarthy prob more dedicated to getting rodgers "fixed"....Rodgers has not looked good and his body language has been even worse

Ya...don't count on it...those two are in love with each other ....Mccarthy prob more dedicated to getting rodgers "fixed"....Rodgers has not looked good and his body language has been even worse

I think their egos have caught up to them. All the talk of Rodgers being the leagues best qb (hasn't been for arguably last 2 years) and MM being a genius (made bonehead calls and punted numerous playoff games) have them thinking they are invincible.

I can't argue with Lacy's YPC performance over games 1-2 nor with the DET DEF's YPC generosity over games 1-2 - it's just a matter of usage. Even the fact that we had two separate blurbs yesterday about the GB coaching staff wanting to get Lacy more carries isn't enough to convince me. But when you consider the fact that the Packers are finally at home and the chances that Rodgers might dust off and don that superhero cape of his and get off to a 21-0 lead, say, ....Lacy could rack up some points later in the game on a milk-the-clock scenario.

It's looking like it's going to boil down to a decision between the disappointing Lacy or the disappointing Michael Floyd for my final flex spot today.

Edit: With the Packers being so short-handed on defense, it looks like the Lacy milk-the-clock scenario may need to be put on ice

Because Starks is always awesome as the #1 Starter?

Packers get PI call and the ball at the 1yd line, Rodgers throws a TD. This is why I regret drafting Lacy.

Lacy not even in on the play

Lacy not even in on the play

Exactly. This is THE game for him. Packers winning, offense moving. If he can't succeed in these conditions there is no hope. Already looking to sell low.

Not sure why anybody listens to what coaches say. Cleveland's coaches said the same thing about Crowell this week and guess what, Duke is leading them in carries today.

well, I'm sure all coaches would like to give their #1 RB 20+ carries every game.

do you know why?

because that likely means they are winning rather easily and giving their top RB the ball in garbage time to kill the clock.

Lacy was beastly today and still underutilized. Love it when Rodgers throws at the 1 like teams aren't expecting it. At some point teams need to stop getting cute and just pound the rock. Very optimistic for Eddie still and he looked great.

Lacy is a very good rb2 and should have been drafted as such

I'd probably agree with this.

I thought he may rebound from last year and get into the top 10, but so far he's had 1 good game and 2 duds.

I thought he may rebound from last year and get into the top 10, but so far he's had 1 good game and 2 duds.

At least he's not getting pulled from games entirely like last yr.

I thought the same thing, it being a contract year for him and all.

It's not too late though and Jordy's re-emergence is probably very good for Lacy since last time he was a beast Jordy was tearing up the field

The coach might WISH he was getting 24 carries, but it's not like he can do anything about it.

afterall, he's only the coach. it's not like he's Zeus

The coach might WISH he was getting 24 carries, but it's not like he can do anything about it.

afterall, he's only the coach. it's not like he's Zeus

He calls the plays.