Sign in to follow this  
edjr

R.I.P. Lebron James - :(

Saw this on SportsCenter this morning... The NBA is just the WWE with a ball now...

The NBA needs "Bad Guys" like Draymond Green as much as it needs superstars like James. Nobody hates anyone in the league anymore. Guys grow up playing together on AAU teams or whatever and everyone loves everyone else.

A grumpy old guy like me misses the days of hating guys and teams. My favorite team of all time (in any sport, and basketball is my least favorite of the four big ones) are the Pistons of the mid 80s thru the Bad Boys era. I recognize they may be the most hated team of all time and I get that. Rooted for that team provided me with a lot of hatred towards so many teams and players. Kareem focking Jabaar, Worthy, Bird, Ainge, Parish, McHale, dirty focking Karl Malone, overrated John Stockton, Duckworth, and anyone (minus Dennis Rodman) that's ever worn a Chicago Bulls jersey. Focking whiny Coach Phil Jackson, whiny MJ, gutless scottie pippen. Every one of those fockers and I probably missed a few.

That last paragraph is whats wrong with the NBA today. There is none of that.

The NBA needs "Bad Guys" like Draymond Green as much as it needs superstars like James. Nobody hates anyone in the league anymore. Guys grow up playing together on AAU teams or whatever and everyone loves everyone else.

A grumpy old guy like me misses the days of hating guys and teams. My favorite team of all time (in any sport, and basketball is my least favorite of the four big ones) are the Pistons of the mid 80s thru the Bad Boys era. I recognize they may be the most hated team of all time and I get that. Rooted for that team provided me with a lot of hatred towards so many teams and players. Kareem focking Jabaar, Worthy, Bird, Ainge, Parish, McHale, dirty focking Karl Malone, overrated John Stockton, Duckworth, and anyone (minus Dennis Rodman) that's ever worn a Chicago Bulls jersey. Focking whiny Coach Phil Jackson, whiny MJ, gutless scottie pippen. Every one of those fockers and I probably missed a few.

agreed.

How about stars going to teams with other stars and making super teams? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

agreed.

How about stars going to teams with other stars and making super teams? :rolleyes:

That too. :thumbsup:

I guess it was a "hard" hit for basketball. But overall not that hard and Lebron was milking

I was a die hard Bulls fan. And I fawking hated the bad boys with every ounce of my soul. Every time I watched the Bulls/Pistons games, I'd prey that Lambier would have an anuerism or Isaiah would get punched in his bagina. Hated them. But, I miss that rivalry and would love to relive it again. It was great for the game. I quit watching after Jordan left the Bulls and haven't looked back. Todays game is miles from what it used to be. Sad.

I watched the documentary they did on ESPN about the bad boys and their run. Thought I was going to hate it. I've watched it two times since.

Sure the Pistons ended the run of the Celtics, but their time was up, someone was going to do it.

I didn't hate the Pistons at all, I loved them. My kind of team right there. Loved watching them play

Sure the Pistons ended the run of the Celtics, but their time was up, someone was going to do it.

I didn't hate the Pistons at all, I loved them. My kind of team right there. Loved watching them play

The pistons should have ended the Celtics run a year earlier if it wasn't for isiah and laimbeer f-ing up an inbounds play. But that was a part of why I love that team so much. They took a couple swings at the Celts, came so close and then finally destroyed them. Then the same thing with the lakers, lose on a BS gift call to Kareem and Isiah f-ing up his ankle, to then destroying them the next year. Then the Jailblazers the next year for good measure.

The whole time this was going on, they were performing probably their toughest task.....keeping Jordan and the Bulls down for as long as humanely possible.

The pistons should have ended the Celtics run a year earlier if it wasn't for isiah and laimbeer f-ing up an inbounds play. But that was a part of why I love that team so much. They took a couple swings at the Celts, came so close and then finally destroyed them. Then the same thing with the lakers, lose on a BS gift call to Kareem and Isiah f-ing up his ankle, to then destroying them the next year. Then the Jailblazers the next year for good measure.

The whole time this was going on, they were performing probably their toughest task.....keeping Jordan and the Bulls down for as long as humanely possible.

they beat the Celtics and the Lakers when they were old and hasbeens.

they beat the Celtics and the Lakers when they were old and hasbeens.

Both teams won their divisions with 57 wins the year the pistons took them out.

Both teams won their divisions with 57 wins the year the pistons took them out.

stop it. you know the truth.

bird could barely stand when the Pistons beat them

People calling that a Flop don't understand the definition of the term.

:first:

In basketball, a flop is an intentional fall by a player after little or no physical contact by an opposing player in order to draw a personal foul call by an official against the opponent. The move is sometimes called acting, as in "acting as if he was fouled". Because it is inherently designed to deceive the official

LeBron was running full speed at mid court, was clearly fouled and there was clearly a lot of contact. Doesn't even remotely fit the definition.

Nothing to see here.......move along.

LeFlop.

Was fun watching GS kick his teeth in.

Not as fun as watching him destroy GS in the finals last year. And make Curry's MVP award totally irrelevant.

Curry cries himself to sleep each night with his ring and 2 straight MVP's.

It's very sad, you should see it.

Curry cries himself to sleep each night with his ring and 2 straight MVP's.

It's very sad, you should see it.

I doubt he even kept last year's MVP trophy after lebron made him look like he's on the JV team in the finals. Has to be embarrassing for him to even look at.

I don't believe it was a flop. But he definitely milked the sh1t out of it. On the street you aren't going down like that. Stumble a little bit yea but not acting like you got knocked the fock out

Let me help some of you who seem to struggle.

Flop: Faking a foul. Acting like you were fouled when there was little or no contact. Trying to "fool" the refs.

Selling a call: You get fouled, even hard, but makes sure the ref saw it. 99% of players sell a call.

Let me help some of you who seem to struggle.

Flop: Faking a foul. Acting like you were fouled when there was little or no contact. Trying to "fool" the refs.

Selling a call: You get fouled, even hard, but makes sure the ref saw it. 99% of players sell a call.

Let me help you

Take Leflop's yambag out ya mouf.

99% of players sell a call.

I'm going to need the data and statistical studies that back this number up

This is what I hate about lebron, physically he is the most dominating player on the planet, but instead of having the killer heart of Michael or Kobe, he uses that talent to channel his inner .. at even a eight o clock Tuesday night game at LA fitness he would dragged off the court.

He meant Fùtbol.

HTH

:doublethumbsup:

Is that from the onion? No way someone has that little self awareness..

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/lebron-james-collision-draymond-green-im-football-player/#Lm6CFf2mlzPUhQok.97

Draymond Green’s open field tackle of LeBron James earned him a controversial flagrant foul Monday night, but both competitors shrugged off the collision.
James says his football-playing days prepared him for the moment, while Green argued that it was just a regular foul.
LeBron downplayed the significance of the matchup—the Warriors handed Cleveland a 126-91 humiliation—but Draymond says every time these teams face-off it’s a big deal.

LeBron was running full speed at mid court, was clearly fouled and there was clearly a lot of contact. Doesn't even remotely fit the definition.

Nothing to see here.......move along.

1000 percent agree. But then again we actually played basketball. Didn't you play in college too?

James Harden flops. Draymond green cutting across and hitting him in the face with his shoulder is not flopping

1000 percent agree. But then again we actually played basketball. Didn't you play in college too?

James Harden flops. Draymond green cutting across and hitting him in the face with his shoulder is not flopping

Played ball as well, it wasn't technically a flop per se but, his absurd flailing after the contact was comical and unnecessary. That is clearly why we are making fun of LeFlop.

HTH