Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Nascar Chase

Feels like they finally got it right, season bonus points, stage wins, counting and carrying over in the chase makes it so the season matters, but you can still get knocked out. This has been the most exciting playoffs since the Edwards/Stewart duel.

I agree with you. Can't believe the 42 is done now.

*S*

NASCAR. The Rhinelander beer of automobile racing. This pretty much sums up my view on it:

:lol:

*S*

NASCAR. The Rhinelander beer of automobile racing. This pretty much sums up my view on it:

Seriously, just go away dumbass

SHRUB !@# :pointstosky:

Not that he or Truex needed it,but great races for them, guys had 4th/5th place cars pretty much the entire last stage and end up 1-2. And Kyle holding that lead for the entire last turn with Truex below him, :shocking: Gotta make Kyle a heavy favorite at Miami.

Sorry to offend. I have never understood the draw of NASCAR.

Then don't post in a thread devoted to it. If you choose to mock it without even trying to understand it you're just being a d*ck. Have you ever been been in a car driven at speed on a racetrack?

Then don't post in a thread devoted to it. If you choose to mock it without even trying to understand it you're just being a d*ck. Have you ever been been in a car driven at speed on a racetrack?

I have tried to understand it; I do understand it. I'm just not into it. The only NASCAR events I can get behind are road events.

I drove a heavily modified Chrysler Conquest TSi I used to own on Road America for SCCA events 2 decades ago.

I have tried to understand it; I do understand it. I'm just not into it. The only NASCAR events I can get behind are road events.

I drove a heavily modified Chrysler Conquest TSi I used to own on Road America for SCCA events 2 decades ago.

ROFLMAO

:dunno:

SCCA "events". WTF does that even mean? You did parade laps? I asked a very specific question that anyone with experience on a race track would understand. You answer talking about some POS car that no one has ever heard of with vague language, throwing out SCCA as if that somehow legitimizes your idiotic claims. Again......

SCCA "events". WTF does that even mean? You did parade laps? I asked a very specific question that anyone with experience on a race track would understand. You answer talking about some POS car that no one has ever heard of with vague language, throwing out SCCA as if that somehow legitimizes your idiotic claims. Again......

:rolleyes:

Vague? Stop lashing out.

You asked if I have ever driven at speed on a race track. I have. They were SCCA sanctioned events, from E street to AS cone time trials. I've participated in solo, restricted and unrestricted passing events at Road America. I drove fast, won a couple of events, spent way too much doing it, messed up my car plenty, got a tire sponsor, lost the sponsor, and eventually stopped doing it.

And the car wasn't a POS. It was awesome. I loved that car.

:rolleyes:

Vague? Stop lashing out.

You asked if I have ever driven at speed on a race track. I have. They were SCCA sanctioned events, from E street to AS cone time trials. I've participated in solo, restricted and unrestricted passing events at Road America. I drove fast, won a couple of events, spent way too much doing it, messed up my car plenty, got a tire sponsor, lost the sponsor, and eventually stopped doing it.

And the car wasn't a POS. It was awesome. I loved that car.

Final round has 4 not 3.

Yes, and Kyle Busch, Martin Truex and Kevin Harvick have all clinched spots through wins or points, that leaves 1 spot left, like I said.

Final round has 4 not 3.

Kyle Busch won last week. Kevin Harvick won this week. Truex in on points. One spot left.

Yes, and Kyle Busch, Martin Truex and Kevin Harvick have all clinched spots through wins or points, that leaves 1 spot left, like I said.

You didnt say that though you just said Harvick and Truex, which is why I was confused.

Back to commenting on the topic at hand. I really hope Blaney gets in the final 4. Taking that Wood Brothers team from a back of the pack car for nearly the last 3 decades to the front? Pretty unbelievable. Just by making the final 8 he has already done better than anyone else this season, championship or not.

You didnt say that though you just said Harvick and Truex, which is why I was confused.

His comment was in reference to yesterday's race. Harvick and Truex both clinched yesterday. Busch had already clinched.

Well who does everyone got? Probably a bit of dark horse, but I'll take Brad K.

Starting positions:

Martin Truex - 2

Kyle Busch - 3

Brad Keselowski - 5

Kevin Harvick - 9

Truex.

:pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

:first:

P.S. - This one is special. Truex's GF has been battling cancer for years and the owner of his team, Barney Visser, had a heart attack a week and a half ago and couldn't even be there for this win. So congrats to Martin and the entire team for battling through adversity and showing that a little team not based in N.C. can still be competitive.

• Like 1

If it couldnt be Rowdy, Truex is the next best thing. Hes always had the talent, just needed a team with the resources Gibbs has.

Top the day off with Jr. being a non-factor, and it was a pretty damn good year of racing.

KB in 2018 :first: