Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Wildman's Wednesday Sessions

I'm sorry, we start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 flex (RB, WR, TE). Also. RBs score the same as receivers for receiving yardage and TDs. Thanks for the help. I was already leaning towards SJax, but I really like Edge too and have had him on my team for the last 3 years. Just kinda tough to let go.

I understand. I'm a huge fan of James and it's tough for me as well. If he were still a Colt, I'd probably have picked him #1 yesterday in a draft just because I knew what I'd get with him.

Alright Wildman, I am in need of your wisdom. I hope you could respond asap as I am nearing a deadline (this thursday midnight).

Our dynasty league final cut down date is coming this Thursday. Our rosters are limited to just 17 players. As you will see from my roster I have been trying to stock up on RBs. I was hoping some of them will break out to clear cut situations. But my time is short. I am having a hard time trying to decide what to do with my current roster.

Is there a position that seriously needs an upgrade? Are there trades that I should be looking to make? If so, which players should I be targeting and what would you consider to be acceptable offers?

If I am unable to make any deals, which 5 of my current 22 would cut?

Here is my roster:

qbs: brady, simms, leftwich

rbs: jordan, jlewis, musa smith, mike bell, maroney, dwilliams, gjones, lundy, vmorency, betts

wrs: fitzgerald, harrison, wilford, curtis, vjackson

te: troupe

k: stover

D: Jax, Atl

Thanks again.

Whoa, tough calls here. Let's start with the easiest cuts--if you can cut V Jackson and Atl's defense. Greg Jones is a definite cut--he's promising but I believe he'll at best split time with Jones-Drew if Taylor is out. I'd cut one of your QBs. Simms or Leftwich. Just depends which one you believe has less upside. I believe that will be Simms, but I'm a pretty outspoken fan of Leftwich. So one more player you need to cut...I'd decide between Musa Smith, Lundy, Morency, and Betts.

Musa looks very good all of the sudden. He's healthy and JLewis is out for 2 weeks. M Anderson is banged up too. Musa could be the change of pace player with M Anderson at FB. Hard to cut him if he's healthy.

Lundy is a fav of mine and he's looked good two games in a row. I believe he'll be the #2 or #3 RB depending on Davis' health. I think he has a style that's well-suited for that Kubiak offense. He could produce this year, but needs more time to learn the game before he really gets a shot.

Morency has great athletic ability but his vision is a bit suspect--not as bad as Tatum Bell in my opinion, but not as good of an offense either. He looked a lot better the other night. Still I think he's a so-so option.

Betts? Gotta keep him in that Redskin offense and Portis' issues. He could be a tease for you if Portis winds up splitting time with him, but he could wind up a productive starter if Portis stays hurt and needs to be out for extended time.

To me, I think you cut the player with the worst offense and the least upside. That's either Lundy or Morency. Morency will likely get more playing time than Lundy, but I like Lundy more.

I'm not going to say who I'd keep, becuase I'm not sure, but at least that narrows your decision.

Here's what I see

Greg Jones is a definite cut. I'd cut one of your QBs. Simms or Leftwich. Just depends which one you believe has less upside. I believe that will be Simms,

Morency has great athletic ability but his vision is a bit suspect--not as bad as Tatum Bell in my opinion, but not as good of an offense either. He looked a lot better the other night. Still I think he's a so-so option.

Betts? Gotta keep him in that Redskin offense and Portis' issues. He could be a tease for you if Portis winds up splitting time with him, but he could wind up a productive starter if Portis stays hurt and needs to be out for extended time.

To me, I think you cut the player with the worst offense and the least upside. That's either Lundy or Morency. Morency will likely get more playing time than Lundy, but I like Lundy more.

I'm not going to say who I'd keep, becuase I'm not sure, but at least that narrows your decision.

Here's what I see

With Ducket going to Washington, does that make Betts one of my 5 madatory cuts? If so, who of your suggested cuts should I now keep?

Thanks again WM

Hi!

My company Strategic Sports Consultants is currently having a few positions for sports stats consultants for college and pro baseball & football (great money & awesome job!) If anyone is interested, please send me an email or reply to this ad below:

Unique Opportunity! Nationally known Sports Consulting Company looking for full or part-time sales representatives. Fascinating Industry, flexible hours along with a strong compensation program. Looking for people that love sports and want to be successful future business leaders of America. Learn more by emailing or calling Nick at 877-884-1744 – precision@mwt.net.

These jobs are only for those who love talking about sports stats, teams & players...it gives you the inside scoop on last minute game winning picks too!

Missy

With Ducket going to Washington, does that make Betts one of my 5 madatory cuts? If so, who of your suggested cuts should I now keep?

Thanks again WM

I'd still rather have Betts becuase he knows the offense and if Portis is out for a while, Betts will still be the guy, IMO.

But if you don't keeping Betts, I'd keep MOrency instead...

I am in a 8 team keeper league where we keep 2 players.

Here are my options

Steven Jackson

Carnell Williams

Clinton Portis

Westbrook?

What do you think

In this league we keep two players and then draft in reverse order of last years standings. I have the 3rd pick. Standard Scoring NO PPR

Thanks.

Williams and Jackson because Portis is dealing with that shoulder injury and Westbrook has that bum foot. Although the latter two backs could be better producers, the chances of it happening aren't as good due to the health factor. I think Williams and Jackson could be top 10 backs this year, if not top 5...

Wildman:

I don't know if you are still answering questions but here is one if you are:

I haven't see too many 3 team trades. But here is one I am discussions with:

Team A receives: Bledsoe b, Droughns b, Curtis c, and CPerry c

Team b receives: Jordan c, Buckhalter c, Frye (A)

Team c receives: Foster (A), MBarber (A), LEvans b, and 2nd rd pick next year.

I am team C. Team A initially went to B and asked for Droughns in exchange for Foster. I got involved because I have DWilliams.

Team A is interested because, for some reason has an interest in Droughns.

Team B is interested because he has Droughns, Westbrook and Morency as his only backs.

I'm interested because I already have Dwill, TJones and Maroney and I am not liking Jordans situation in OAK. I also am possibly losing Fitz to injury so Evans helps alot.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Williams and Jackson because Portis is dealing with that shoulder injury and Westbrook has that bum foot. Although the latter two backs could be better producers, the chances of it happening aren't as good due to the health factor. I think Williams and Jackson could be top 10 backs this year, if not top 5...

Ouch..

Wildman -

Just looking for some midseason thoughts on Reggie Bush. I drafted Bush 1st in our rookie draft this year after much debate, and haven't seen much from him yet given that our league is not a PPR league, and is more TD than yardage heavy. He appears to be looking for the big play still rather than crashing the hole and then trying to break it, which Deuce has actually done several times this year.

Do you still see the big potential, or might it be time to look to dangle him in front of someone that might value him more highly than I do?

UPDATE - Just made a trade... Peyton Manning, Reggie Bush, Chris Chambers for Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Leinart, Rudi Johnson.

This is a keeper/dynasty league that starts 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a flex. After the trade I look like this:

QB - Hasselbeck, Leinart, Kitna, Culpepper, Harrington, Tavaris Jackson

RB - Alexander, Rudi, Caddy, Maurice Morriss, Barlow, Norwood

WR - Fitz, A Johnson, Cotchery, Chad Jackson

I was growing sour on Bush and see the trade in 2 pieces: [1] Manning for 2 QBs as a win for me with Leinart's upside and if Kitna sticks it out or Culpepper comes back... I have more trade bait since QBs are at a premium; [2] and Chambers and Bush for Rudi also feels like a pretty clear win, especially given the TD heavy scoring. Agree? Would you give that trade a thumbs up or thumbs down?

What are your thoughts on dropping Alex Smith to pick up Greg Jones for next year? I will need another running back to full in for Tiki next year anyway.

My roster is

D. Carr

M. Bulger

M. Jones-Drew

Tiki Barber

T. Henry

T. Bell

J. Addai

M. Colston

D. Driver

L. Coles

M. Clayton (BAL)

A. Bryant

B. Berrian

K. Winslow

N. Keading

R. Gould

Chicago

The injury to McNabb has left me scrambling for a legit QB, and I am currently the #1 seed for the playoffs (team & scoring in sig).

Currently, I have D. Garrard and J. Garcia. It's a full Dynasty.

Should I deal for Favre, Kitna, Delhomme or McNair? This is the last week for deals/FA pickups, and all of these guys can be dealt for (future rookie pick - prob 2nd rounder - low, probably 24th overall).

Do any of these guys help me this year & for the future? Favre has looked up/down; Delhomme has been underperforming, Kitna is, well, Kitna, and McNair is on a running team.

Aaron Brooks is also avail as a FA.

Help?!?!?

Thanks!

MKJr

my lineup is:

QB: D. Brees

RB: S. Alexander

RB: F. Gore

WR: D. Jackson

WR: C. Johnson

WR: T. Houshz

Flex:???

Who should I go with at flex?

T. Henry (TEN) vs IND

B. Jacons (NYG) vs DAL

D. Williams (CAR) @PHI

D. Foster (CAR) @PHI

Help please, I made it to the finals IN our league this year and 1st place pays $245,2nd place is a mere $75.

Big Ben is my qb but i picked up Rattay of of waivers and am seriously thinking of starting him vs Clevelland this week.

Also I have 3 defences: Denver,Bengals, and the Titans- I don't have a clue who to start???????

Wildeman,

Could you help me with determining player value is a keeper league trade?

Keeper League:

12 Teams. 15 Player-Rosters

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, & 1DEF

Each team keeps 3 players

Scoring

1 pt per 20 yds passing

1 pt per completion

1 pt per 10 yds rush/receiving

1 pt for every 2 rushes

2 pt for every reception

6 pts per TD plus 1 bonus pt for every 10 yards over 20 (passing/rushing/receiving)

-3 pts per Int/Fumble lost

Relevant players on my Roster

QB--Brees, Palmer

RB--LT2, R Brown, S Morris, C Benson, M Turner, D Foster

WR--Da Jackson, D Branch, M Colston, L Coles, B Berrian, S Moss

My 3 keepers are expected to be Brees, LT2 and Ronnie Brown.

Another owner is interested in trading player or draft picks for Carson Palmer.

His roster includes: Delhomme, J Campbell, Kevin Jones, L Betts, F Taylor, Chad Johnson and L Fitzgerald

I would rather get draft picks from him than players. I consider R Brown more valuable than Johnson or Fitzgerald.

I'm in our Super Bowl this weekend so my draft position will be 11th or 12th (straight).

Without being too greedy, how may draft picks and what rounds is Palmer worth. Getting anything for him will be pure bonus for me since he's not a keeper on my team.

Wildeman,

Could you help me with determining player value is a keeper league trade?

Keeper League:

12 Teams. 15 Player-Rosters

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, & 1DEF

Each team keeps 3 players

Scoring

1 pt per 20 yds passing

1 pt per completion

1 pt per 10 yds rush/receiving

1 pt for every 2 rushes

2 pt for every reception

6 pts per TD plus 1 bonus pt for every 10 yards over 20 (passing/rushing/receiving)

-3 pts per Int/Fumble lost

Relevant players on my Roster

QB--Brees, Palmer

RB--LT2, R Brown, S Morris, C Benson, M Turner, D Foster

WR--Da Jackson, D Branch, M Colston, L Coles, B Berrian, S Moss

My 3 keepers are expected to be Brees, LT2 and Ronnie Brown.

Another owner is interested in trading player or draft picks for Carson Palmer.

His roster includes: Delhomme, J Campbell, Kevin Jones, L Betts, F Taylor, Chad Johnson and L Fitzgerald

I would rather get draft picks from him than players. I consider R Brown more valuable than Johnson or Fitzgerald.

I'm in our Super Bowl this weekend so my draft position will be 11th or 12th (straight).

Without being too greedy, how may draft picks and what rounds is Palmer worth. Getting anything for him will be pure bonus for me since he's not a keeper on my team.

I am not Wildman, but I would keep Benson over Brees. QB is a dime per dozen, even at Brees level - and I would wait to see what happens to D Jackson too, his value could go up.