Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Gordon really worth a stash? Who did u drop to pick him up?

Mostly aimed at teams already a lock for the playoffs, and ppr. Who did you drop to pick him up, and will "easing him back in" eliminate any chance for big numbers in the first few weeks? We have very short benches so wondering the kind of talent you guys are dropping to grab him.

He's still on our waivers. The issue I personally have with him is when I get to the playoffs do I really want to plug someone in that hasn't played in so long that has a bad quarterback? That's who I want to trust? Not really.

I don't see the Value of holding him.

I'm a believer!

He should be fresh as a daisy.

Will be interesting to see how he performs sober.....

He says he made 10k a month in college selling weed. Pretty sure the IRS is gonna be knocking on his door, but maybe they wait until the off-season. Suspect the dude is going to be the high profile example of why even drug dealers better pay their taxes, no end in sight to the drama in his life.

He says he made 10k a month in college selling weed. Pretty sure the IRS is gonna be knocking on his door, but maybe they wait until the off-season. Suspect the dude is going to be the high profile example of why even drug dealers better pay their taxes, no end in sight to the drama in his life.

When the government prosecutes drug dealers, do they go after them for taxes on the ill gotten gains? That sounds kind of backwards.

I dropped Parker for Gordon. Solid move no? It can't get much worse than Parker.

Probably....Parker isn’t a home run guy...Gordon could be.

I dropped Doug Martin for him.....looking for upside.

• Like 1

guy hasn't played in 2 years. i'm dubious on his prospects this season.

guy hasn't played in 2 years. i'm dubious on his prospects this season.

I am too but again...its upside.

Ive seen what Parker in his instance and Doug Martin in mine are bringing to the table most likely the rest of the year....and its nothing i can trust in the playoffs. Not that Gordon may be either....but given the known is crap...why not take a flier on a massive home run hitter getting ahold of one.

Like he put 10k into a bank account each month. He would be in prison if he did this as the IRS would be flagged. He had to have ran an all cash business and that would be hard to prove by the IRS.

Probably....Parker isn’t a home run guy...Gordon could be.

I dropped Doug Martin for him.....looking for upside.

Yep, basically the way I was looking at it is that E. Sanders and Parker were my WR3. And even though Sanders hasn't done good either, he's been a little more consistent so I probably wouldn't start Parker over Sanders anyway. I like the Martin drop too. Just read they lost their C and RT for the year.

When the government prosecutes drug dealers, do they go after them for taxes on the ill gotten gains? That sounds kind of backwards.

Not if the government is able to seize assets instead by proving they came from criminal activities, no use taking a % when they can take everything.

But if they can prove spending which is unexplained even without being able to prove a specific crime, then yes, they go after not only the $$$$ but criminal tax evasion.

Like he put 10k into a bank account each month. He would be in prison if he did this as the IRS would be flagged. He had to have ran an all cash business and that would be hard to prove by the IRS.

The IRS really doesn't have to prove anything was done illegally, only money spent of an unexplained origin.

I'm not saying that would be the goal anyway, but rather, thug awareness publicity.

First question I suppose would be whether his own words to the reporter are true if there are no records of taxes paid which seems unlikely. He is on record as saying he made this money in a high profile article.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/28/josh-gordon-interview-cleveland-browns-nfl

Some cash spending is probably more traceable than the average person thinks though its possible 99% of it went to drugs, alcohol, booze, and dancers given the individual.

So is he going to say he straight out lied to the reporter or continue to come clean and sober in the IRS interview?

If they want to push it, they are going to find the electronic side of at least some of these "cash" transactions as well as individual witness accounts of spending.

This week, I'd rather have Seth Roberts or Dede Westbrook. Gordon might, and it's a mighty big might, have keeper value for next year or beyond if he can stay clean. Mostly he's a dumpster fire waiting for a spark.

I just moved Josh Gordon into my Flex2 spot for this week.

bench:

Jerrick McKinnon

Doug Martin

DeSean Jackson

Will Fuller

Josh Doctson

DeVante Parker

I had an extra spot on my bench. I picked him up just in case he turns it on.

Anytime the words "Gordon" and "stash" are used in the same sentence, one must put their guard up.

• Like 1

Right now I have Gordon in as my WR3. Only other bench WR I have is Cooper, and it's looking highly unlikely he'll play. Best FA options are Davis, Zay, and Maclin, but I think JG's upside makes him a better play than any of those guys.

Zay has been getting a lot of targets lately. A safer play might be the volume he'll get against a weak Pats secondary rather than hoping JG catches 1 of the 3 bombs he'll be offered.

JG on the field certainly boosts Crowell a bit. He might crack 100 yards against a Chargers defense that can be run on.

I will always have a soft spot for Gordon after he helped win a lot of people their league with that ridiculous season he had. Top WR production out of your WR3 spot that season was almost like stealing. The guy is just a physical freak. To be that size with that speed and that fluid with his movements, he hit the genetic lottery. There is NO ONE at WR on the waiver wire at this moment that offers his upside and potential. Luckily I'm in a position where I have a bye locked up and can afford to see how he does the next two weeks before deciding what to do with him in the playoffs. Now would I feel comfortable starting him this week in his first game back against a top secondary if I were in a must win game? Probably not. But as a stash? Without a doubt!

Odds are that he's worth a stash as long as your league isn't one of those Yahoo 6-bench spot leagues. Everyone probably has 1 player on their roster that's not important.

Is Gordon more valuable than Coleman? That is the question I’m asking. Which one is the one to own?

Is Gordon more valuable than Coleman? That is the question I’m asking. Which one is the one to own?

I would definitely say yes. If I have Coleman, he's very far down on my depth chart and never expect to start him unless I have no choice. Gordon is a guy I would consider starting over virtually every other WR in the NFL IF he shows any signs of him being what he once was. If Gordon has a 9 catch / 140 yard / 2 TD next week, I'm starting him the following week no matter what. If Coleman does, I'm still leaving him on the bench because I think the odds are slim that he does it again. See what I mean?

I say no.

I think Coleman could really benefit from having Gordon on the field.

Gordon has missed a lot of time, and I know he has a lot of talent, but he hasn't played football for sometime.

I think the ros Coleman will be the better of the two.

I say no.

I think Coleman could really benefit from having Gordon on the field.

Gordon has missed a lot of time, and I know he has a lot of talent, but he hasn't played football for sometime.

I think the ros Coleman will be the better of the two.

If you're debating between Coleman and Gordon, it's all about upside. Gordon has way more upside/potential. Could Coleman do better? Sure, but even if he does, you'll never start him. Coleman is likely your WR5. One big week from Gordon, you'll start him the next week... one big from Coleman and you consider it a fluke.

Actually I would consider either one of them a fluke, based on the Browns QB situation.

Last time I saw Gordon play it wasn't pretty.

I wouldn't consider it a fluke too see Coleman out perform Gordon.

Coleman is a very talented wr and was drafted as one.

I would be more shocked if it would be the other way.

Again I think Gordon will indeed help Coleman produce.

I not see more upside with Gordon as you and many others do, I'd rather have Coleman.

Thanks for the reply.

Great dialog fellows...you have given me something to consider.

I just moved Josh Gordon into my Flex2 spot for this week.

bench:

Jerrick McKinnon

Doug Martin

DeSean Jackson

Will Fuller

Josh Doctson

DeVante Parker

After looking at McKinnon's matchup I'm going to start him over Gordon now.

After looking at McKinnon's matchup I'm going to start him over Gordon now.

Take another look at Parker too

I'll be making my decision around midafternoon today. Have AB, no roster space to add anyone else, the entire rest of my bench aside from Coleman and Gordon (I have both) plays in the early games. I'm waiting for more AB news, and then likely sticking one of those two into AB's spot. Hopefully I'll be a world ahead of my opp by then.

And here's the interesting question--everyone I've seen talking about it says that Hayward is probably going to cover...Gordon this week. Now sometimes coaches do dumb things, but if Coleman is the real threat in this offense (because of Gordon's time away), why would their best corner cover the other guy?

:)

It really depends on what you need. Coleman would seem to have the higher floor. Gordon is the unlikely longshot w the high ceiling.

If he has any of his speed/ agility back, the tape will tell us

3 for 46 so far in this game. Nice come back game for him so far. And the Browns are close at the half.

It really depends on what you need. Coleman would seem to have the higher floor. Gordon is the unlikely longshot w the high ceiling.

If he has any of his speed/ agility back, the tape will tell us

I talked with a Cleveland homer the other day who said word is he's been their looking best receiver in practice. For what that's worth. But, 3 for 46 so far ain't half bad. Anyone watching the game? How does he look?