Sign in to follow this  
avoiding injuries

Thought provoking (racist) article from NY Times:

peenie claims blacks can't be racist; only mean. I'm not sure if she thinks other races can be racist or at what point of skin tone does racism become possible.

peenie claims blacks can't be racist; only mean. I'm not sure if she thinks other races can be racist or at what point of skin tone does racism become possible.

Any race can be racist. If you've say otherwise you're a complete focking moron and deserve to swallow a bullet.

Big problem with this country is liberals got jobs as writers and in media so now they spout their idiocy all over and it's all yours hardly see on tv or read about

While, I've seen that "only whites can be racist' observation before, I don't recall seeing it from peenie. Peenie doesn't seem inclined to promote that. I'd as soon hear it from her directly. Maybe I missed it, I hope your not putting words in her mouth.

While, I've seen that "only whites can be racist' observation before, I don't recall seeing it from peenie. Peenie doesn't seem inclined to promote that. I'd as soon hear it from her directly. Maybe I missed it, I hope your not putting words in her mouth.

I'll try to find that quote by her. It was a few months ago and pretty clearly stated just as I indicated.

To my recollection, Penny brought it up once and I pretty much blew it out of the water. For those of you wondering what the etymology of such a Canard is, this is straight out of Nation of Islam. It is one of their fundamental teachings.

What I said back then and still stands true. The idea behind nation of Islam's teachings is that you can't be racist if you don't have the power. That's not the definition of racism. Go to any dictionary art and it'll tell you what racism is:

Assigning a predetermined set of traits both positive and negative in some cases two people based upon the color of their skin.

However, if you want to throw in that stupid part about power, a black guy or 3 pinning a white girl down and raping her? Tell me they don't have the power at that time. If you're going to talk about power there is institutional power and then there is situational power.

And, in the case of things such as hate crimes, situational power is far more cogent then institutional power. But regardless, at the end of the day, it's strictly about racism.

What does a police officer asking me what I'm doing while alone wearing sweaty jogging clothes on a jogging path have to do with this incident?

Yes, blacks can hate whites but generally do not. Robbing them seems like hate but it's not, it's opportunity. (Not that it matters of course.) Other blacks are the main victims of black criminals. Blacks don't feel whites are inferior to them and don't try to avoid them. Blacks don't have the power to prevent whites from obtaining jobs or bank loans or stop them from moving into neighborhoods. In my opinion blacks cannot be racist in the traditional sense but can be mean to whites.

There you go dude.

From this thread (I bumped it to find it) http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=469891

There you go dude.

From this thread (I bumped it to find it) http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=469891

:( Ouch. You're right. That didn't sound like something she'd say so I hadn't expected you to find anything to show that she did.

This is pretty far out radial blacktivist stuff that's been on the Geek board before (because we've deride it). It's troubling to see that it's made enough inroads into the black community such a black woman as reasonable and mainstream as peenie would buy into it.

I didn't read the article because I think we need to stop begging white people to love us.

Tell me how you experience racism.

I'll admit I'm wrong if you can list the ways in which blacks have prevented you from living somewhere or stopped you from getting a job or a loan or just your skin color alone makes you a suspect to the police. Tell me how your whiteness makes blacks think you're intellectually inferior or sexually deviant. List the ways...

I didn't read the article because I think we need to stop begging white people to love us.

I'll admit I'm wrong if you can list the ways in which blacks have prevented you from living somewhere or stopped you from getting a job or a loan or just your skin color alone makes you a suspect to the police. Tell me how your whiteness makes blacks think you're intellectually inferior or sexually deviant. List the ways...

They automatically think I can't dance. :(

• Like 1

i didn't make the NBA

"Racism can not be reasoned out of a person, it wasn't reasoned into them, it can't be reasoned out of them."

• Like 1

The goal of the entire civil rights movement should have been a country where race is irrelevant. A non factor. Something people dont even notice.

As MLK said, judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Instead the last 40 plus years have been about making things different based on skin color.

Suspect classes in the law getting higher protection. Affirms Ive action. A constant call to treat minoritys communities differently.

Political figures and social activists of all strips play the game for their own ends.

But some groups (Asians) have largely chosen to ignore racial issues and do their thing. Others (blacks) have gone the other route, while others (Hispanics) do a bit of both.

I think a lot of what you see as racism from white people is not in fact racism. Most of us dont give a crap what color you are or where your ancestors came from.

Its frustration and fatigue of decades of the racism blame game. Its time for it to wrap up.

• Like 1

Could you start with the Oscars? © :wave:

"Oh Boo Hoo 'we' weren't even nominated in certain categories!" :mad:

Well, if every movie didn't start with "Tyler Perry Presents..." :doh:

I'll start caring when Meryl Streep wins an Essence ® award for "Most Crunk performance" in a 'Biich Be Trippin'' Movie or Television Miniseries.

:bandana:

I'll admit I'm wrong if you can list the ways in which blacks have prevented you from living somewhere or stopped you from getting a job

I've already told my Time Warner story repeatedly.

I'll wait for your admission. :bench:

Well Asians weren't slaves and weren't ever forced to live and be educated separately from whites. They came from there own countries whole, with traditions. Black people were forbidden to read so we're far from being an equal comparison to Asians.

I'm not complaining, I'm responding.

Well Asians weren't slaves and weren't ever forced to live and be educated separately from whites. They came from there own countries whole, with traditions. Black people were forbidden to read so we're far from being an equal comparison to Asians.

I'm not complaining, I'm responding.

Ummm, Black Public School Education? Wow.

..., there would be no public school for Chinese in San Francisco.

They were denied even separate schools like those accorded to blacks and Indians, who were granted that right in 1874.

The Chinese community argued that it was grossly unfair that they had to pay taxes and yet were denied the right to send their children to public schools. In 1878, 1,300 people of Chinese descent petitioned the Legislature, arguing that the 3,000 Chinese children in the state had the right to a public education.

In Rock Springs, Wyoming, 150 armed white miners drove Chinese immigrants out of town in 1885 by setting fire to their homes and businesses and murdering 28 people. No one was charged in the massacre. It was hardly an isolated incident; 153 anti-Chinese riots erupted throughout the American West in the 1870s and 1880s,

Congress passed the Chinese Exclusion Act in 1882, barring Chinese immigrants who were already in the U.S. from becoming citizens (Note - all Blacks were given unfettered Citizenship at least 15 years earlier) and restricting new immigration from China. The law marked the first time that the U.S. restricted immigration explicitly on the basis of race.

Along with the Exclusion Act’s renewal in 1892, Congress required all Chinese-Americans — including U.S.-born citizens — to carry photo ID at all times or risk arrest and deportation.

Several states passed laws that prohibited Chinese immigrants from owning property.

Chinese immigrants also were barred from most industries

...just a few selected snippets. Easy enough to find - for people not looking to think they cornered the market on victimization.

I'm not in pawn status.

I'm tired of this topic too but there is no one else here to speak up for the other side.

Carry on and ccomplain amongst yourselves then.

I'm not in pawn status.

I'm tired of this topic too but there is no one else here to speak up for the other side.

Carry on and ccomplain amongst yourselves then.

peenie you are one of my favorite posters and I always read your posts with great care.

Don't you find it odd that no other minority is constantly told what to think and how they should react to everything. No dissention is permitted. Articles like the one posted are not representative of black/white relations, and yet they get printed.

I didn't read the article.

I'm tired of these topics too.

Will read the article later though.

Black people stop me from living in lots of places. Baltimore, Detroit, Atlanta.

• Like 1