Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Anybody keeping up on the latest NSA leak?

Probably not going to have time until later tonight, but from the headlines, it sounds really bad.

They're saying that this leak is actually worse than Snowden. I'm damn curious to figure out what's going on. Then again, I'm sure they are too.

I mean, no wonder our s*** isn't secure. Are governments most super secret agencies aren't even secure. As I understand it, the CIA created their own version of the NSA just because those idiots keep getting cracked.

Anyway, if anybody is up on the Deets would love some bullet points.

I can give you the geek club bullet points...

Half the bored: evidence of trumps incompetence and corruption! Get him!

The other half: evidence of incompetence and corruption from obama holdovers! Obama! Hilary! Get them!

I dont actually know the facts and neither do they. But that rarely matters round here.

So, from what I gather the difference between this and Snowden is the following,:

Snowden basically released code names and overall conceptual capabilities. Like prism, boundless informant, Xkey, etcetera and what they were designed to do.

This latest series? Most likely from State actors. They're actually going out and stealing the actual code and distributing it for some of the nsa's most powerful hacking tools.

So, basically the difference between the Americans developed a radar evading bomber and

hey, here's the chemical composition of the material that minimizes the radar signature.