Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

I'm Halfway In The Bag

Drunk and righetious is the way to go. Today at least. If I wanted to I could do back flips down the aisles od Zeuse's lab. Minus the how I did it! Shots are a beautiful thing.

Working on my 5th beer. Get ready for a long night!

Playin poker on this stupid FPN, Zen crap. The players are so bad ... it's worse than Zynga. Friggin calling stations like you wouldn't believe.

Working on my 5th beer. Get ready for a long night!

Playin poker on this stupid FPN, Zen crap. The players are so bad ... it's worse than Zynga. Friggin calling stations like you wouldn't believe.

Who's got the better story between your crazy ass and mine. You in? You tell a 9/11 story and I tell a Katrina story. You tell your best one and I'll do the same. The fellow Geeks will vote and and the winner wins a jet ski to hell. You start.

Who's got the better story between your crazy ass and mine. You in? You tell a 9/11 story and I tell a Katrina story. You tell your best one and I'll do the same. The fellow Geeks will vote and and the winner wins a jet ski to hell. You start.

:popcorn:

I drove through southwest Louisiana today, and i have to say it was not what i expected. I would call the western coast of Louisiana desolate. It means something coming from me, I am from a state with 980,000 people even though it is the 4th largest state.

Also I bought me a couple 12 packs of Abita amber for this weekend, it is pretty good. :thumbsup:

My best 9/11 story? I've told it all so many times. Ok ... I'll skip the entire morning, and start with my trip back to Hoboken.

After police were asking people to clear the area around Saint Vincents ... I had not eaten anything that day, didn't know my blood type and I decided the best thing to do was follow the cops request and leave the area. Myself, my Mom and my Stepdad (who were scheduled to fly out of Laguardia that day) went back to their apartment on west 12th and ate lunch. Afterwards, I decided to return to work. I was working for a news publisher so ... I knew people would still be there, and likely have all the inside scoop of what was going on. When I got there, I ran into a group of people I worked with that lived in New Jersey and were determined to get out of Manhattan. They said there were ferries at Chelsea Piers. To the best of my recolection this would have been about 3 PM. So, there was no time to go get my parents and see if they wanted to go back to New Jersey with me, I went with my coworkers, and we were some of the first people to get on those ferries. We were very lucky, because the line behind us was huge by the time we got on a boat. These guys were just doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, no fare ... just taking people to Weehawken.

I had seen both towers burning that morning, but as we pulled away from lower Manhattan, I could really see the damage. It looked like all of lower Manhattan was on fire, and I remember I said to someone, "This has gotta be worse than Pearl Harbor." and some woman said, "Who could hate us this much, to do such a horrible thing? How could anybody be this different from us?" and I responded, "Have you heard of these people in Afghanistan that are blowing up ancient Bhudist temples and they don't let women listen to music?" and some guy chimed in, "The Taliban." ... and I said, "Yeah .... the Taliban. They are way different from us." Of course, at the time, I had never even heard of Al Quaeda. If I had to guess, I'd think it was the guy on west 16th street that sells flafels and gyros.

I remember getting off the boat, and there was a triage set up there, but really no wounded ... and I saw this one boat, still covered in soot ... pieces of paper stuck to it from the WTC ... and I saw the captain up in the bridge and he looked at me and I yelled, "Thank you for helping us get home! You are good people!" and he said something like, "Yeah, yeah ... you'd do the same thing, just get your ass home." It was comforting. And we started the hike. A few of us peeled off in Weehawken, but some of us lived as far as Jersey City. I remember at one point we came across some people that were giving out water, because they knew people would be walking a long ways. Early reports that nobody got out of Manhattan were false. A lot of people got back to New Jersey that afternoon.

When I finally got home, we had a view of the WTC from our apartment, and my cat was up in the window, just soaking in the afternoon sun like any other day, with the cloud of smoke from the WTC behind her. I wish I had taken a picture. I actually couldn't bring myself to take any pictures that day. You really had to be there to understand it. Photographs and videos do not do it justice,

But I got home. I was home that afternoon. The Deli on the corner was open the next day, I could still take the PATH train to work. There were guys with M-16's standing at the entrance ... but they just waived me through. I'm pretty white.

After Katrina ... that's the first thing I said. 9/11 was pretty rough ... but I was home by that afternoon. Things were pretty much business as usual in NYC, besides some obvious industries. We all know someone that died, particularly people from Hoboken and Jersey City, but most of us got home OK that day. WTF do you do when everything gets destroyed?

I drove through southwest Louisiana today, and i have to say it was not what i expected. I would call the western coast of Louisiana desolate. It means something coming from me, I am from a state with 980,000 people even though it is the 4th largest state.

Also I bought me a couple 12 packs of Abita amber for this weekend, it is pretty good. :thumbsup:

That Strawberry Abita beer is pretty good, no? Did you go to any of the places I recommended?

That Strawberry Abita beer is pretty good, no? Did you go to any of the places I recommended?

I went to prejeans :cheers:

First time in my life i have ever had deep fried green tomatoes.

We would have survived, mind you .... it's like a 2 hour walk from Weehawken to my place in Hoboken ... but those guys that gave us water ... they count as heroes. The people like me that got up the next day and went to work like nothing was wrong .... heroes. There was a lot of heroes that day my friends.

And yes, I got on the PATH train that morning, headed into lower Manhattan, after I had already said to someone else, "That's a terrorist attack!" And I remember I kinda smiled, and turned and ran for that PATH station. It's war dude. It's on. Follow me. That's how I felt. There was one last train that left from Hoboken that morning, passed the WTC stops, and first stopped at 14th and 6th ave and I got off the train about 9:30 am. A half hour late for work. I really thought, I might not survive that train ride ... but there was no way I was just gonna stand there across the river in New Jersey and watch.

My best 9/11 story? I've told it all so many times. Ok ... I'll skip the entire morning, and start with my trip back to Hoboken.

After police were asking people to clear the area around Saint Vincents ... I had not eaten anything that day, didn't know my blood type and I decided the best thing to do was follow the cops request and leave the area. Myself, my Mom and my Stepdad (who were scheduled to fly out of Laguardia that day) went back to their apartment on west 12th and ate lunch. Afterwards, I decided to return to work. I was working for a news publisher so ... I knew people would still be there, and likely have all the inside scoop of what was going on. When I got there, I ran into a group of people I worked with that lived in New Jersey and were determined to get out of Manhattan. They said there were ferries at Chelsea Piers. To the best of my recolection this would have been about 3 PM. So, there was no time to go get my parents and see if they wanted to go back to New Jersey with me, I went with my coworkers, and we were some of the first people to get on those ferries. We were very lucky, because the line behind us was huge by the time we got on a boat. These guys were just doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, no fare ... just taking people to Weehawken.

I had seen both towers burning that morning, but as we pulled away from lower Manhattan, I could really see the damage. It looked like all of lower Manhattan was on fire, and I remember I said to someone, "This has gotta be worse than Pearl Harbor." and some woman said, "Who could hate us this much, to do such a horrible thing? How could anybody be this different from us?" and I responded, "Have you heard of these people in Afghanistan that are blowing up ancient Bhudist temples and they don't let women listen to music?" and some guy chimed in, "The Taliban." ... and I said, "Yeah .... the Taliban. They are way different from us." Of course, at the time, I had never even heard of Al Quaeda. If I had to guess, I'd think it was the guy on west 16th street that sells flafels and gyros.

I remember getting off the boat, and there was a triage set up there, but really no wounded ... and I saw this one boat, still covered in soot ... pieces of paper stuck to it from the WTC ... and I saw the captain up in the bridge and he looked at me and I yelled, "Thank you for helping us get home! You are good people!" and he said something like, "Yeah, yeah ... you'd do the same thing, just get your ass home." It was comforting. And we started the hike. A few of us peeled off in Weehawken, but some of us lived as far as Jersey City. I remember at one point we came across some people that were giving out water, because they knew people would be walking a long ways. Early reports that nobody got out of Manhattan were false. A lot of people got back to New Jersey that afternoon.

When I finally got home, we had a view of the WTC from our apartment, and my cat was up in the window, just soaking in the afternoon sun like any other day, with the cloud of smoke from the WTC behind her. I wish I had taken a picture. I actually couldn't bring myself to take any pictures that day. You really had to be there to understand it. Photographs and videos do not do it justice,

But I got home. I was home that afternoon. The Deli on the corner was open the next day, I could still take the PATH train to work. There were guys with M-16's standing at the entrance ... but they just waived me through. I'm pretty white.

After Katrina ... that's the first thing I said. 9/11 was pretty rough ... but I was home by that afternoon. Things were pretty much business as usual in NYC, besides some obvious industries. We all know someone that died, particularly people from Hoboken and Jersey City, but most of us got home OK that day. WTF do you do when everything gets destroyed?

Wow dude. You win! Did you ever pull a body from the shat?

I went to prejeans :cheers:

First time in my life i have ever had deep fried green tomatoes.

:cheers:

Wow dude. You win! Did you ever pull a body from the shat?

Absolutely not. Even some firefighters were prevented from entering the area. It's not like you could just volunteer to go dig. I did what the cop told me to do. I went home.

And the next day, I did what the mayor told us to do, I went to work.

You could smell it though. For at least a month. Was still burning there for like a month. Apartment was extra dusty. To this day the smell of welding steel, burnt steel ... brings me back. I spent some time in group therapy with a photographer for a local paper that was down there ... and she was pretty messed up by it. Not just mentally.

Absolutely not. Even some firefighters were prevented from entering the area. It's not like you could just volunteer to go dig. I did what the cop told me to do. I went home.

I played fire detdctive. I lost an uncle. he died an awful life. He died in his atticin the heat. And we found him. He was dead. I miss him as he would have told me to "Fawk offf and take care of the woman who taughht you how to be".

Went to happy hour at 6 to just have a couple and got homr bout an hour ago and put Alice cooper dvd live at Montreaux in and the mrs was like can u turn that ###### down to which i turned up more with a major attittude,finished watching a few songs checked in here,saw thread,shared and now going to fockin bed because i'm more than halfway in. :thumbsup:

What's up with the italics? That's not a quote of mine.

I lost 2 people I worked with, For years I wouldn't say their names here, because I was the only NYer here at the time, and I got a lot of flack from ppl over 9/11 and my story about who were "heroes" that day. So, if you want to take the time to Google "Andrew Green and Jeff M., Chaners Publishing 9/11" be my guest.

They were out of Newton, MA and on the first flight that crashed. Were supposed to work with me to develop the internet side of that business. It really all fell apart without them.

We were blogging, before it was called blogging.

Hey we had a deal. I wanna hear your Katrina story.

So this one day, a few weeks after Katrina hit, i get a call from a really good friend of mine that wants to go into the frozen zone (that's what they called the flooded zone) and check on his uncle that wouldn't leave and he wont answer the phone. So we show up at his house and there is nothing there. The entire street was eight feet under water. As I'm looking around I smell an odor coming from the attic. I pulled the attic door down and his uncle drops down on me. He had sat in the attic for weeks and rotted. His eyes had gotten so bad that they were rotten and falling off of there sockets. I carried his rotten corpes into the MP vehicle and told them all that he was a war hero. He served in the korean War. Weeks later when we gutted his house, We found fifty thousand dollars behind an old water heater. His mother donated all of that money to war heros for the Afghan war.

I also held Spigoulley to a higher standard. A friend of mine sold that doosh a boat without a plug! Penn gave my friend five grand and when he then tried to explain to him how outboards work, Penn ignored him. Penn had a shotgunn and two camera crews there. Minutes later he was sinking and everyone around was dancing in his retardedness because he wouldn't listen. He and his friends got on a truck and left that day. One of the funniest things I ever witnessed.

I'm finally getting there. Keep in mind I'm in the Alaska time zone, which is one hour behind Pacific Time. So it's only 11:23. Was hitting gin and tonics earlier though and now I've moved on to my best buddy in the whole wide world: Maker's Mark. :cheers:

I dunno if I could handle that. I saw ppl jumping from the WTC, didn't see the gore ... just the falling bodies ... if I had been right there at the scene where the gore was ... I would be totally messed up for the rest of my life.

My Pledge Father ... friend who was supposed to lead me through being a pledge at my frat, got sent over to Iraq in '90 while I was a pledge. Arizona reserves ... desert troops. Drove across the Highway of Death and all that. He showed me pictures ... one of which is now famous. The soldiers called him "Charro". It's a dead Iraqi who burned up while trying to crawl out of the back of a burning truck.

My friend had lost his Mom in a car accident when he was a kid, 3 months after he came back from war ... his Dad died of some freak allergic reaction which caused a hear attack. Kid was an orphan at 22. Went on to work for Arthur Anderson after college. Google that, you wont find good results. Despite all his hard knocks .... he's very successful.

I guess ... whatever doesn't kill you really does makes you stronger.

Unless like, an accident paralyzed you from the neck down. That'd pretty much make you weaker.

I guess ... whatever doesn't kill you really does makes you stronger.

Unless like, an accident paralyzed you from the neck down. That'd pretty much make you weaker.

:cheers: We should have coffee and tell all the other geeks to go fawk themselves. Can you give a brother some advice about poker? I really suck at it man. I can't even get past the whole triple raise over and under card thingy. How can you raise over the top and then do it again? Makes no fawking sense. You know i'm talking about all in hands when it's a money game?

Against idiots, there's really only one strategy. Bull dozer style. All in preflop with top 10 hands and expect calling stations to pay you off. Make 'em get lucky to beat you.

All you can do is get all your chips in the pot, with the best hand. It's up to lady luck after that.

Against idiots, there's really only one strategy. Bull dozer style. All in preflop with top 10 hands and expect calling stations to pay you off. Make 'em get lucky to beat you.

All you can do is get all your chips in the pot, with the best hand. It's up to lady luck after that.

What? Is that the Michael Jackson JC Penny stratergy I interperted from you years ago? The half off boys club when doubling down and going for broke? The beat it way?

With all the suicide talk lately, I thought this was a thread about death. At 42 years old, I've had that conversation with my wife. "Life is halfway over baby!"