• Please log in to reply
1574 replies to this topic

#1561 bandrus1

bandrus1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted Today, 03:43 PM

I was up yesterday about 9k with a 9.5k investment. Prices have come down a bit, but I am still up nicely. I am in it for the long haul.

why not just play with house money?

#1562 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,818 posts

Posted Today, 03:58 PM

https://vergecurrency.com

https://www.reddit.c.../vergecurrency/

Trading at .01 on Binance. Worth putting a little money on

#1563 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,818 posts

Posted Today, 04:00 PM

why not just play with house money?

Because, 9k isn't going to do shlt for me. It will help a tiny amount in the grand scheme of life. The bubble isn't bursting tomorrow. It will burst to a degree, but not any time in the next few months. Only way that happens is with major legislation from large governments

#1564 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,818 posts

Posted Today, 04:11 PM

TRX is also trading at .01 . Seems like tech behind it is legit. Could at least climb a few hundred percent at this point

#1565 bandrus1

bandrus1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted Today, 04:13 PM

Because, 9k isn't going to do shlt for me. It will help a tiny amount in the grand scheme of life. The bubble isn't bursting tomorrow. It will burst to a degree, but not any time in the next few months. Only way that happens is with major legislation from large governments

hey if you are at the point where 9k is nothing good for you

#1566 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,818 posts

Posted Today, 04:26 PM

hey if you are at the point where 9k is nothing good for you

It's not life changing by any means. I mean, I don't believe I will get rich, but I also am looking for more than just a small gain, which will hurt future gains by pulling money now

#1567 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,592 posts

Posted Today, 05:30 PM

Or a major hack

#1568 bandrus1

bandrus1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted Today, 05:36 PM

It's not life changing by any means. I mean, I don't believe I will get rich, but I also am looking for more than just a small gain, which will hurt future gains by pulling money now

I wasnt saying pull everything, i was saying pull you investment and let the profits ride

#1569 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,818 posts

Posted Today, 05:45 PM

TRX is also trading at .01 . Seems like tech behind it is legit. Could at least climb a few hundred percent at this point

Didn't realize the market cap and coin circ was already huge. An investment long term, not short term like I thought may be possible

#1570 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,226 posts

Posted Today, 06:25 PM

Not even going to delve into the idea a few posts back that some people are putting their heads in the sand thinking this investment is infallible. I totally agree with that post and feel that myself and others who are pro CC investing but open to devils advocate discussion have been met with little substance from the head in sand types.

Hopefully it's not the case and it's just their know it all nature showing through.

Hope we all continue to make money but hope people don't lose their shirts.

Stuck in the process.....

#1571 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,592 posts

Posted Today, 06:40 PM

XRP putting in work

#1572 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,191 posts

Posted Today, 06:51 PM

XRP putting in work

45 cents a coin, what do you think it could jump to and when?

#1573 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,818 posts

Posted Today, 06:59 PM

A buddy of mine who studies this stuff a lot, was in early, told me originally he thought the max for Ripple was $2.00 . Doesn't mean he's right, but he used the already large market share plus the large coin circulation to come to that number. Still a quadruple of investment right now, a little more actually. It's never a bad idea to diversify. Make a hedge on complete decentralization.

#1574 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,460 posts

Posted Today, 07:08 PM

Not even going to delve into the idea a few posts back that some people are putting their heads in the sand thinking this investment is infallible. I totally agree with that post and feel that myself and others who are pro CC investing but open to devils advocate discussion have been met with little substance from the head in sand types.

Hopefully it's not the case and it's just their know it all nature showing through.

Hope we all continue to make money but hope people don't lose their shirts.

Its strange. Seems to be some sort of political angle to it with some guys here.

I wish Id gotten in a year ago.

But its becoming obvious to me that at some point, the last man on the carousel is gonna get crushed here. I have no faith that Id know the right time to bail.

I hope all of you kill it and get our whole though.

#1575 nobody

nobody

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,592 posts

Posted Today, 07:52 PM

There are about $5 trillion electronically transacted daily.  That means, what?  Hypothetically let's say ripple becomes the transaction service of the world.  Let's say 40% of the 5 trillion is being held in ripple at any one time as transactions end and begin continuously. That's about 2 trillion in ripple spread over whatever is in circulation since the stuff being held back isn't available to buy or sell.

There are 100 billion XRP in existence and 40 billion in circulation today.  Let's say for our long term outlook, 10 years plus, the daily electronic transactions grow from 5 trillion to 8 trillion (5% growth per year over 10 years).  That means 40% is 3.2 trillion in ripple in the hypothetical.  Let's say 80 billion ripple are in circulation (institutions will hold reserves and some will get lost).  That would value a ripple at $40. 

Let's say in 2 years, ripple is handling 10% of the transactions and 50 billion ripple are in active circulation.  That's roughly $10 per ripple.  If it hits $5 in 2 years I'd sell 25%.  If it hit $10, I'd sell 50% of what's left, and if it hit $15 in less than 3 years, I'd probably cash out.

Now that's where I think fair market value is.  That doesn't mean it can't go parabolic and blow through those numbers as people get wise.

Get rich.