Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

2017 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

Last post about trades during our experts' draft: I was involved in the five of the 10 (mentioned above), but here are the others that happened after the ridiculous Brady trade:

1) Chris Hogan and Adam Thielen for C.J. Prosise

2) Carlos Hyde and DeMarco Murray for Devonta Freeman

3) Will Fuller for 3.09

4) 4.07 for 2018 fourth-rounder

Was offered this:

He gives: Palmer and pick 3.02

For

I give: Dalton and pick 4.05

My other qbs are Matty Ice and Dak. Mainly want to get the 3.02 pick. I have no interest in Palmer since he has maybe 1 year left. Could even drop him after the trade to free up some space. I tried countering to get a 2018 pick but he won't budge. I have no 3rd rd pick (traded it away last season) and have an extra 4th rd pick.

Is Dalton worth more than this? Is this a decent trade?

Well, it's a dynasty league.

in a redraft the two players are worth roughly the same, but Dalton is younger and has a longer career ahead of him, so I'd prefer to keep Dalton.

I also think that with the players they have drafted, that offense is pointing up. it may take a year, and they probably will need to draft someone for the O line next off season, but I think I'd prefer to hang onto Dalton.

That being said, I do think Dalton is one of the more underrated QB's out there. (just my opinion)

I like the opportunity (obviously), but I like the talent more than most. That is exactly where I had him valued on my predraft list (1.11, that is) and believe he should be a first-round pick in rookie drafts on talent alone. Take a look at where I have him on my dynasty rankings if you think I'm kidding. That is as much based on talent as it is opportunity.

All I had to do was trade a soon-to-be 29-year-old RB on a bad offense to make it happen and I have the depth (or should have the depth) to wait for it to play out.

I dont mind the pick of Mack at 11. it may be one or two slots early, but if you dont pick until the middle of round 2 (or later) you wont get him. If you pick in the top 2 in round 2, I might have tried to wait. but that also depends on who is left.

either way, if you pick a guy 3-4 slots earlier than you should, you havnt done that badly. And if you get your man, why wouldnt you?

No point messing around, cuz thats how your man ends up on someone elses team.

Uh-huh. He's hurting at RB and drafted McNichols earlier, so I think he's angling for a post-Doug Martin backfield in Tampa. Still, he offered it and I was happy to accept.

No kidding. If I was in your shoes and he offered me a 3rd for Jacquizz, I'd have probably taken that one too.

if he offers you a 2nd, why wouldnt you take it?

traded martavis bryant for jj nelson, 18 first & 18 second. they will be late picks (1.10 or higher) in each round.

12 team .5 ppr

I give Peterson and 2018 3rd

I get Terrance West and Willie Snead

I like. Snead has that Steve Smith, Doug Baldwin type mentality. He's the man and he's gonna be successful no matter what.

Great player.

I think Snead could be a wr2 in ppr this season.

I think it's a very good deal.

12 team .5 ppr

I give Peterson and 2018 3rd

I get Terrance West and Willie Snead

You have my blessing as well.

What does AP have left? One more good year? Two decent ones?

Traded Tyreek Hill for Wayne Gallman, Paul Perkins, and Tyler Lockett

League gives .03 points per return yard.

I figured the difference in Hill and Lockett is offset by me getting RB depth on a team where I desperately need it.

Traded Tyreek Hill for Wayne Gallman, Paul Perkins, and Tyler Lockett

League gives .03 points per return yard.

I figured the difference in Hill and Lockett is offset by me getting RB depth on a team where I desperately need it.

Nice, I like.

Sterling Shepard for 1.12 and 3.06.

I know some of you still like the guy, but I myself am completely off this bus. Happy to get a first, and a late pick for a bench guy I lost faith in.

Sterling Shepard for 1.12 and 3.06.

I know some of you still like the guy, but I myself am completely off this bus. Happy to get a first, and a late pick for a bench guy I lot faith in.

If I could afford to hold him I would. If I wanted the roster spot more then I would have done the same

Gave: Billal Powell

Got: Jordan Matthews

Gave: Julio Jones, Charles Clay, 2.04

Got: Rob Gronk, Golden Tate, 2.01, 2018 1st (should be top 4-5).

Was hard to give up Julio, but TE was my Achilles, and I wanted to move Julio before his stock starts to slide in a year or two.

Gave: Tyrell Williams and James White

Got: Jordy Nelson and 2018 fourth

Could be in the process of getting another one done:

Give: Jarvis Landry, 2018 first (should be late) and likely 2018 second

Get: Julio and 2018 third

Gave: Billal Powell

Got: Jordan Matthews

Gave: Julio Jones, Charles Clay, 2.04

Got: Rob Gronk, Golden Tate, 2.01, 2018 1st (should be top 4-5).

Was hard to give up Julio, but TE was my Achilles, and I wanted to move Julio before his stock starts to slide in a year or two.

Interesting moves.

I traded Powell away during the rookie draft for 1.11, which turned out to be Marlon Mack. I also have Gronk and will be looking to move him next year if I can get a (mostly) healthy season out of him. (I have Rudolph and Shaheen behind him.) The accumulation of back surgeries has me wanting to move Gronk as opposed to acquiring him. Julio is so physically gifted that I tend to believe he'll be pretty productive into his early 30s. He really has yet to enjoy a huge TD season, so I'd almost want to say his stock could skyrocket this fall if this is that year. (And it sounds like the new OC wants him to be targeted more often in the red zone.)

With that said, I think you got very good value in return for Julio.

Interesting moves.

I traded Powell away during the rookie draft for 1.11, which turned out to be Marlon Mack. I also have Gronk and will be looking to move him next year if I can get a (mostly) healthy season out of him. (I have Rudolph and Shaheen behind him.) The accumulation of back surgeries has me wanting to move Gronk as opposed to acquiring him. Julio is so physically gifted that I tend to believe he'll be pretty productive into his early 30s. He really has yet to enjoy a huge TD season, so I'd almost want to say his stock could skyrocket this fall if this is that year. (And it sounds like the new OC wants him to be targeted more often in the red zone.)

With that said, I think you got very good value in return for Julio.

I hear you loud and clear. Was tough to give him up. But looking at what youre giving for him, I feel pretty good. I got basically the same thing, with a Gronk on top.

I like the Jordy trade. He's getting long in the tooth, but he's the type of guy that can win a league for you. Neither of the guys you gave up are, or will be, tier 1 players.

I hear you loud and clear. Was tough to give him up. But looking at what youre giving for him, I feel pretty good. I got basically the same thing, with a Gronk on top.

I like the Jordy trade. He's getting long in the tooth, but he's the type of guy that can win a league for you. Neither of the guys you gave up are, or will be, tier 1 players.

Context matters in the first one, as I have an extra first-rounder (should be an earlier pick in what I expect will be a weak draft) and I have started to sour on Landry a bit.

Totally agree on Jordy. He is one of the best route-runners in the league and Rodgers seems to trust him completely, so I think he'll age well for fantasy purposes. I'd like to get one more great year out of him and maybe 1-2 more good ones.

I looked at my team after the rookie draft and noticed something like 22 of my 24 guys were 27 or younger (most are like 24 or younger). I went into the draft with the goal of getting younger and better at RB. (Check and check.) Anyway, I came to the realization if I could add a couple proven veteran receivers, I could move up my "championship window" without sacrificing my any players I consider vital to my long-term success. If I get Julio in the coming days, I'll post it on here and list my team.

14 team

35 roster spots

Traded away:

Antonio Brown

2018 1st

2018 2nd

2018 3rd

Traded For

Amari Cooper

He immediately slides in behind AJ Green as my WR #2. I have finished top 4 in scoring all of the last 5 years and have been in high points contention all but one of those years. I expect to make the playoffs and be a top scorer again this year, i would be surprised if my pick is better than 1.10.

14 team

35 roster spots

Traded away:

Antonio Brown

2018 1st

2018 2nd

2018 3rd

Traded For

Amari Cooper

He immediately slides in behind AJ Green as my WR #2. I have finished top 4 in scoring all of the last 5 years and have been in high points contention all but one of those years. I expect to make the playoffs and be a top scorer again this year, i would be surprised if my pick is better than 1.10.

I think you gave up too much for a huge boom or bust WR who I don't think will ever be much more than a fantasy #2 WR.

I think you gave up too much for a huge boom or bust WR who I don't think will ever be much more than a fantasy #2 WR.

He just turned 23 last month. I am trying to avoid a rebuild so I need to get younger.

He just turned 23 last month. I am trying to avoid a rebuild so I need to get younger.

The thing is...in many leagues you need to add to Amari in order to get AB. Seems an overpay for Cooper, but if you want your guy, go get him

Update: got the Julio trade done over the weekend.

Give: Landry, Ginn, Wallace, 2018 1st, 2018 4th

Get: Julio, Braxton Miller, 2018 3rd

Explanation: I have a second first-rounder - should be top three or five - so giving up my first - likely 10, 11 or 12 - wasn't a huge concern. (I really think/hope that pick either nets me Saquon Barkley or Derrius Guice, even though I'm good at RB now.) I like Miller as a long-term stash and should have the room to let him and Ryan Switzer grow into their roles. I have soured a bit on Landry and felt I needed a stud WR or two in order to put me over the top. Acquiring Julio and Jordy does that and doing it for players I wasn't going to start (at least beyond Landry) makes it all the better.

The thing is...in many leagues you need to add to Amari in order to get AB. Seems an overpay for Cooper, but if you want your guy, go get him

No way is Cooper more valuable than Antonio brown in any mature dynasty league, maybe in a league that just started within the last 2-3 years i could see Antonio being worth more.

I offered the same deal for OBJ and Mike Evans and both owners turned it down. I have Cooper as the #3 WR in dynasty. His QB situation is better than Hopkins or Allen Robinson. The problem with Michael Thomas is he is playing with an old QB and the saints don't have a solid backup, he is not a good long term prospect.

I was trading for a guy that I can plug into my starting lineup for the next 6-7 years with no second thoughts. The offensive line is young, the QB is young, and Cooper is a 23 year old WR that has had thousand yard seasons each of his first 2 years. WR's usually start to get better around years 3 and 4, I expect an improvement on his past numbers.

I also watch every steelers game. Antonio disappears when Ben is not in the lineup. Not only is Brown getting older, but Ben is getting older and more injury prone. I expect Brown to have more down games over the next 2-3 seasons because I expect Ben to miss quite a few games during that timespan. Maybe Ben stays healthy this entire year, but I am taking a long term approach.

I can hear all of your points and agree with some of them. Did you guys have a chance to go back and forth on the offer at all?

Did he send it or did you?

I think there could be something to be learned potentially from a better negotiation here but in the end I'm also of the motto that I'm willing to overpay a little to get my guy.

I play in a bunch of 3 year contract leagues as opposed to true dynasty and I flipped my Cooper copy there in it's final season for AJ Green.

There's a ton I like about Amari's game and long term situation. He's probably among the most stable dynasty assets in the league.

But I haven't liked how he has finished either season so far. Maybe playing through injury and nicks in a good long term sign for him but he's been wr #44 and wr #39 weeks 11-16 in 2016 and 2015 respectively.

Always have to consider that tough division too

No doubt. The Denver factor is very real and KC is no slouch. Carr is way overvalued right now as QB 6 on FFC.

I'm not trying to pile on Coop here but just sharing info nuggets that we find. I think that's the point of all the discussions anyway. I looked into the Denver and KC games the past 2 years just to see the results

KC 2015

2-20

4-69

Denver 2015

0-0 on 8 targets

4-47

Denver 2016

4-39-1

8-56

KC 2016

5-29

13-129

I think in general it shows some caution against those teams but also Cooper having much better games his 2nd season.

I'm a pretty big Cooper backer, but man that seems like an overpay.

I think if the draft picks were reversed, it would be a very even deal.

Cooper, and a 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Brown.

But giving Brown, plus your draft. Man that's alot.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

I'm a pretty big Cooper backer, but man that seems like an overpay.

I think if the draft picks were reversed, it would be a very even deal.

Cooper, and a 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Brown.

But giving Brown, plus your draft. Man that's alot.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Trading a young wr plus draft picks for an old asset is how you destroy a dynasty team.

Trading a young wr plus draft picks for an old asset is how you destroy a dynasty team.

That depends.

This is a scenario where the old guy will produce more than the young guy for at least 1-2 years.

so if this deal puts you over the top in terms of your quest to win a championship, you make it knowing that your future may be somewhat compromised.

Your 100% correct.

But trading that old asset that's currently the best in the business, along with draft picks for a lesser player will also destroy your franchise just as quickly.

Like I said, my own personal .02. It seems much to rich for my blood. But again, I'm a big Cooper fan, so good luck.

No way is Cooper more valuable than Antonio brown in any mature dynasty league, maybe in a league that just started within the last 2-3 years i could see Antonio being worth more.

I offered the same deal for OBJ and Mike Evans and both owners turned it down. I have Cooper as the #3 WR in dynasty. His QB situation is better than Hopkins or Allen Robinson. The problem with Michael Thomas is he is playing with an old QB and the saints don't have a solid backup, he is not a good long term prospect.

I was trading for a guy that I can plug into my starting lineup for the next 6-7 years with no second thoughts. The offensive line is young, the QB is young, and Cooper is a 23 year old WR that has had thousand yard seasons each of his first 2 years. WR's usually start to get better around years 3 and 4, I expect an improvement on his past numbers.

I also watch every steelers game. Antonio disappears when Ben is not in the lineup. Not only is Brown getting older, but Ben is getting older and more injury prone. I expect Brown to have more down games over the next 2-3 seasons because I expect Ben to miss quite a few games during that timespan. Maybe Ben stays healthy this entire year, but I am taking a long term approach.

Beckham and Evans are different because they're on the same plane as Brown. Cooper, I honestly don't think he's all that great. I think he's a solid player... that's it. I don't think he's a WR1 in fantasy and I don't think he ever will be. I guess the biggest difference in our opinion's is that you think Cooper will get better... I have significant doubts on that. Watching him play, I'm underwhelmed. Nothing about him says "special".

No doubt. The Denver factor is very real and KC is no slouch. Carr is way overvalued right now as QB 6 on FFC.

Not just Denver. Jason Verett and Marcus Peters.

As an aside, I know the 2018 picks were expected to be late on this deal, but don't draft picks in a league with with 35 roster spots and 14 teams have a little more value since the waiver wire might be kinda non existent?

I'm someone who loves to trade a question mark for an asset in general and don't value my draft picks as much as production today but I think the league format might increase their value a touch for me.

As an aside, I know the 2018 picks were expected to be late on this deal, but don't draft picks in a league with with 35 roster spots and 14 teams have a little more value since the waiver wire might be kinda non existent?

I'm someone who loves to trade a question mark for an asset in general and don't value my draft picks as much as production today but I think the league format might increase their value a touch for me.

Yeah, i exaggerated slightly, we actually have 38 roster spots, but we have a full defense as well with strong defensive scoring, 2 points for tackles, 1 point for assist, 7 for int, 3 for sacks plus yardage, bonuses at 6 tackles, etc. Most teams have 22-24 offensive players and 12-14 defensive players.

We also start a ton of players, I think we have 18 total starters, including 4 WR's. Depth is just as important as having a stud.

JJ Watt was the top scoring player 2 in 2014 and 2015 and if healthy is by far the most valuable player to own. I am so competitive because of my linebacker corp. A couple years ago I was playing 2 fullbacks as my starting RB's and I barely missed the overall top scorer.

12 team, 24 man roster, ppr. Start: 1qb,2rb,4wr,1te,1k,1d

3 round rookie draft.

Team A:

Patrick Mahomes

Randall Cobb

Tyler Lockett

Cooper Kupp

Jimmy Graham

Austin Sefarian Jenkins

2018 - first and second rounder

Team B:

AJ Green