Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

When I was younger, I used to......

Scavenge the house for quarters or any loose coinage that would equal 25 cents or more, get on my bike and ride around 2 miles to Spankys Pizza just to play either Donkey Kong or Pinball. (before I raced my bike professionally, that is)

One of my fondest memories was rummaging through my moms closet one day after school and finding two fiddy cent pieces. That's 4 fuckin quarters, dammit :banana:

also, no helmet was worn during the bike ride.

whacha you got?

One of the arcades in my town used tokens. Sadly for them, tokens of the exact same size and weight were pretty easily commercially available. We played free for quite a while.

... be able to pull the hair down from the top of my head and touch my chin with it.

Have hope.

Are you out of change too?

Try sux's mom's closet. :lol:

Rock and Roll all night and party ev-ery day.

Me and 2 buddies once played Missle Command for 24 hours straight on 2 quarters for charity.

2 playing at all times one resting.

Spent from 7am to dark or later outside fishing...riding bikes..shooting bb guns..my tan was so dark and my feet so calloused I could have been a pygmy. I remember actually having to buy new tires for my bike because they were worn out. BmX style was yuuuge when I was a kid. Not a care in the world. Building tree houses...stealing dads playboys.. the list is endless.

One of the arcades in my town used tokens. Sadly for them, tokens of the exact same size and weight were pretty easily commercially available. We played free for quite a while.

Stop. Get em on Amazon too?

Grab my slingshot, go down to railroad tracks and get a pocket full of pig iron (purplish marble looking things the railroad would spill) then walk along the tracks shooting bottles, cans, etc...

Under the bridges after a weekend there were tons of bottles from kids drinking.

Scavenge the house for quarters or any loose coinage that would equal 25 cents or more, get on my bike and ride around 2 miles to Spankys Pizza just to play either Donkey Kong or Pinball. (before I raced my bike professionally, that is)

One of my fondest memories was rummaging through my moms closet one day after school and finding two fiddy cent pieces. That's 4 fuckin quarters, dammit :banana:

did you put on her negligee before or after gypsy came over?

Rock and Roll all night and party ev-ery day.

Great song at the time and for a long time.

When I hear kiss now, I can only think of what a flaming queer Paul is and what many of those songs really mean :cry:

:doh:

check out my comment from 6 years ago

Paul Stanley was wearing UGG Boots 25 years before Tom Brady thought they were cool

Great song at the time and for a long time.

When I hear kiss now, I can only think of what a flaming queer Paul is and what many of those songs really mean :cry:

:doh:

check out my comment from 6 years ago

There's a reason they wore makeup.

There's a reason they wore makeup.

Check out Vinnie Vincent on the right.

He's a woman now

When I was younger I used to think the weather man pulled a giant slot machine and the thing that popped up the most out of 3 tries was what the weather for that day was going to be.

I thought black people were just white people who had been in the sun too long.

I thought you could outrun a bee(s). Turns out.....I was very wrong.

I thought all animals were nice. That they all wanted to be petted. I am trying to break my son of this right now.

I thought that deer stands were where deer went to hunt the hunters who were looking for them on the forest floor.

to play Evel Knevel with my friends as we built jump ramps for our bikes,no helmets etc. as well.

to play Evel Knevel with my friends as we built jump ramps for our bikes,no helmets etc. as well.

we all did that.

my arms took a beating.

That is why they made girls bikes.

did it ever make sense the girls bike bar had a bow where the nuts go?

shouldn't that have been reversed?

we all did that.

my arms took a beating.

To this day, my wife finds new scars on my arms or legs and asks, "How did you get that one?" I usually just respond with "I don't remember. I was a boy and we did stupid stuff." :dunno:

To this day, my wife finds new scars on my arms or legs and asks, "How did you get that one?" I usually just respond with "I don't remember. I was a boy and we did stupid stuff." :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Was an apple tree in the apartment complex I lived in. We were about 7, or 8 and were climbing the tree. One kid fell and landed on his arm. SNAP was gross.

That is why they made girls bikes.

did it ever make sense the girls bike bar had a bow where the nuts go?

shouldn't that have been reversed?

I always wondered this myself

:thumbsup:

Was an apple tree in the apartment complex I lived in. We were about 7, or 8 and were climbing the tree. One kid fell and landed on his arm. SNAP was gross.

I have two noticeable scars near the corner of each of my eyes. When I was 4, I was running around the yard with the other kids, tripped and fell into the corner of these metal boxes that housed the trash cans. Cut the corner near my right eye and had to get like 6 stitches.

My parents figured that box should be moved because it was dangerous, so they put it away from where we played. About 2 months later, after the stitches are out, I am running around in the yard and I trip and fall hitting near the corner of my left eye. That isn't even half of the times that I got stitches.

I have two noticeable scars near the corner of each of my eyes. When I was 4, I was running around the yard with the other kids, tripped and fell into the corner of these metal boxes that housed the trash cans. Cut the corner near my right eye and had to get like 6 stitches.

My parents figured that box should be moved because it was dangerous, so they put it away from where we played. About 2 months later, after the stitches are out, I am running around in the yard and I trip and fall hitting near the corner of my left eye. That isn't even half of the times that I got stitches.

Ouch.

My brother has a yooge scar on his forehead. Kid threw a smaller tonka truck right off his forehead. was like 14 stitches. what a mess

I have 0 career broken bones and my 1st stitches werent till 12, (my lip) someone tripped me on ice at recess and I went face first into the ice

So you're bike curious? :dunno:

cute

Ouch.

My brother has a yooge scar on his forehead. Kid threw a smaller tonka truck right off his forehead. was like 14 stitches. what a mess

I have 0 career broken bones and my 1st stitches werent till 12, (my lip) someone tripped me on ice at recess and I went face first into the ice

One broken bone here,I was at the top of a large playground slide and thought I'd go faster if I pulled myself up and shot myself down if you will.Everything was fine until I shot my legs out and my feet didn't clear the top of the slide and I basically threw myself off backwards falling a good 10 feet. :D

Buy cigarettes for my grandmother at the neighborhood convenience store.

I bought them for my mother at the gas station right around the corner. I am guessing this was 1984 why do I want to say they were $1.25

Hold my poo for as long as i possibly could

Didnt it dissolve in your hand after a while?

• Like 1

also, no helmet was worn during the bike ride.

whacha you got?

We never wore helmets as kids. Or any protective gear for that matter. We would roll 3 deep with one guy riding the bike, one guy on the handlebars and we'd tie a rope to the seat post so we could pull a third guy on a skateboard. We were lucky if everybody had shoes on.

Memories.

Our house, we had these huge floor to ceiling drapes. One of them covered a vertical heat grate. And the whole thing was pretty much in a corner that was semi blocked by a large end table.

I was small enough that I get past the end table get behind the curtains slide down on my butt and just wait for the furnace to kick on. Obviously especially great on a cold winter day. The biggest bonus, I might as well have been invisible. Nobody would see me notice me, and I could just chill the hell out. heard a whole lot of conversations that I probably shouldn't have.

Memories.

Our house, we had these huge floor to ceiling drapes. One of them covered a vertical heat grate. And the whole thing was pretty much in a corner that was semi blocked by a large end table.

I was small enough that I get past the end table get behind the curtains slide down on my butt and just wait for the furnace to kick on. Obviously especially great on a cold winter day. The biggest bonus, I might as well have been invisible. Nobody would see me notice me, and I could just chill the hell out. heard a whole lot of conversations that I probably shouldn't have.

When should we tell little Wiff that Santa's not real?

I don't know. I mean, you'd think by 16 he would have already figured it out...