Sign in to follow this  
EternalShinyAndChrome

Add Chris Hardwick to the #MeToo Victim List

This is sickening. Obviously she is just saying whatever to get back at him. I hate that these women are actually getting networks to act on these accusations so swiftly. At the beginning I get it, dont want to be associated with it. But now theres almost no men left who dont have accusers, so who cares anymore?

The only men left in the movies and tv will be Gay/transtectical

Yeah, this sucks. I can only hope that it's met with the same skepticism as the you went after Aziz Ansari.

He is consistently seem like a pretty nice guy. And I think he's relatively recently married.

One of these are really pisses me off is when these bitches say, but don't say. ;-). They do all but give the guys name out, so then media Outlets guess the guys name, and then they can come out and say well I didn't release his name...

He's done. For now. It's Hollywood. Those people are disgusting and deep down they know it. He'll be ok after a while. It's not like he fell off the top of the ladder. Barely b-list.

that's the problem though. He is self made.nerdIST was his. He scrapped for everything.

I hope some of these guys start suing. Not just the women, but their employers and Boards of directors and sponsors.

Freaking ridiculous and just plain scary this sumbitch from the past can get bitter because he's living a better life than she is, spout off whenever life she wants, and nobody even bothers to spot check any of this. Not even multiple accusers. In this case, just one .

The world of crazy ex's. They found a way to make men's lives a nightmare in Hollywood. Her actions aren't surprising. It's the damn guilty as soon as someone mentions something that's the problem. Although in normal people job land, if someone has a crazy ex, we can get fired for our ex's actions as well.

People older than 30 see the # as the "pound" sign.

Its ironic that the womens abuse movement most people read as

Pound me too.

:lol:

• Like 1

Sex robots are the future. Men will decide that women just arent worth the trouble and expense.

i have been saying this for years now.

Never heard of him or her. So meh.

I believe her account after reading his statement first, and the responses here. She doesn't paint things in terms of men oppressing women, but abusive relationships in general, recognizing your sex doesn't determine the role you have in it.

But I think if I were her I'd be more mad at myself than mad at him, to the point it wouldn't be right for him to be taken down professionally by sharing how our relationship was. She believes he intentionally had her taken down professionally though, so I guess that could be why it feels appropriate to her if this sinks him.

Proof or GTFO, Khloe.

To the man who tried to ruin my future: A sincere and heartfelt apology could have made my last four years a hell of a lot easier. The person I used to date would try to sue me due to pride- I would not recommend it. I have audio/video that will support and prove many of the things I’ve stated in this post. I’ve chosen not to include it for your sake, in the hopes that the person you’ve become will do the right thing.

that's the problem though. He is self made.nerdIST was his. He scrapped for everything.

I hope some of these guys start suing. Not just the women, but their employers and Boards of directors and sponsors.

Freaking ridiculous and just plain scary this sumbitch from the past can get bitter because he's living a better life than she is, spout off whenever life she wants, and nobody even bothers to spot check any of this. Not even multiple accusers. In this case, just one ######.

Holy .

It sounds like wiff is ready to MAGA.

I knew he would eventually come on board.

This is absolutely crazy. Men need to fight back - and hard. We simply cannot let this go on any longer.

They have them by the balls big time. I wonder how many blackmail attempts have happened that we will never hear about. All they have to do is make baseless accusations and a mans career could be cut at the legs.

This is absolutely crazy. Men need to fight back - and hard. We simply cannot let this go on any longer.

I'm sure some of the accusations are BS. But some are true. What do you think the ratio is of legitimate:nonsense claims?

I'm sure some of the accusations are BS. But some are true. What do you think the ratio is of legitimate:nonsense claims?

In the first month it was popular? 80:20 in favor of legit. Since then when it has become a free ticket to attention and revenge? 90:10 in favor of BS and exaggeration.

Frankly I dont care.

If you were victimized by something, put on your big girl pants and avail yourself of the various legal remedies that exist in our society. Then. At the time.

You wanna ignore it for years and then pull a character hit job? Go fock yourself.

Frankly I dont care.

If you were victimized by something, put on your big girl pants and avail yourself of the various legal remedies that exist in our society. Then. At the time.

You wanna ignore it for years and then pull a character hit job? Go fock yourself.

This this this

Frankly I dont care.

Interesting point. So anything other than speaking up immediately is beyond your statute of limitations? Must be nice to act so decisively in a toxic relationship. :thumbsup:

I guess what I'd like to see is some acknowledgement that there is almost always a giv and take in these relationships. There's a reason why David Foster is one of the most successful producers and music history. And has also dated some of the most beautiful women in music. Men like him provide an instant upgrade to these women in terms of stature opportunity and lifestyle. And these women know that. It is a calculated trade-off.

Think about it. Would we even be talking about this story if she had paired up with the doorman at a club? Or the tour manager of her favorite band? Would we even know who Monica Lewinsky is if she blew the head of the Office of Management and budget?

Even if the same perceived wrongs were committed by these men, would these women even bother to step forward? What would be in it for them?

What is fundamentally unfair and patently disingenuous is this notion that all of these young girls are pure as the driven snow completely devoid of agenda or precondition. That these long past virginal young maidens have no idea what they're getting into and give 100% of themselves while being constantly derided and abused and subjected to the worst of lifestyles.

When nothing could be further from the truth.

Any of them would and could stab another woman in the back simply to have what she has. And then to act hurt and surprised and betrayed when a few years down the road her act becomes stale and he moves on? One of the fundamental truths of relationships is if someone leaves another for you, they will most assuredly leave you for another.

Just acknowledge that while there are flaws in the relationship, and any acts of violence or extreme coercion should be called out, acknowledge that much was given your way. And stop playing the doe eyed, agenda free victim.

Did you know she believes he destroyed her career? THAT part I don't know about, and I'm saying this as someone who read her account and believes her on the stuff directly between the two of them.

She believes he threatened to withdrawal from projects if she was going to be associated with them. She believes he had a henchwoman blackball her generally in the industry.

That said, I don't think other professionals and organizations should cut ties with him in this context, mainly because it was a consensual relationship. And, yes, evidence should matter. I know this reactiveness isn't happening because people care about the potential reality of the accusations in general, it's happening because it's the politically correct optic.

I guess what I'd like to see is some acknowledgement that there is almost always a giv and take in these relationships. There's a reason why David Foster is one of the most successful producers and music history. And has also dated some of the most beautiful women in music. Men like him provide an instant upgrade to these women in terms of stature opportunity and lifestyle. And these women know that. It is a calculated trade-off.

Think about it. Would we even be talking about this story if she had paired up with the doorman at a club? Or the tour manager of her favorite band? Would we even know who Monica Lewinsky is if she blew the head of the Office of Management and budget?

Even if the same perceived wrongs were committed by these men, would these women even bother to step forward? What would be in it for them?

What is fundamentally unfair and patently disingenuous is this notion that all of these young girls are pure as the driven snow completely devoid of agenda or precondition. That these long past virginal young maidens have no idea what they're getting into and give 100% of themselves while being constantly derided and abused and subjected to the worst of lifestyles.

When nothing could be further from the truth.

Any of them would and could stab another woman in the back simply to have what she has. And then to act hurt and surprised and betrayed when a few years down the road her act becomes stale and he moves on? One of the fundamental truths of relationships is if someone leaves another for you, they will most assuredly leave you for another.

Just acknowledge that while there are flaws in the relationship, and any acts of violence or extreme coercion should be called out, acknowledge that much was given your way. And stop playing the doe eyed, agenda free victim.

She predicted people would have the accusation that she was with him and put up with mistreatment because of his fame. She answered that by saying that she usually insisted on paying for dinner.

FWTW. Knowing there's possibly many more things than dinners that needed paying for...

She was somewhat of a name before him, and after recovering, if her story is legit as told, is coming back.

She was hurt by a woman (aforementioned henchwoman) whom she had trusted who started spreading negative word about her in the industry.

If her story is legit as told, this wrath of his came down after she moved on.

Did you know she believes he destroyed her career? THAT part I don't know about, and I'm saying this as someone who read her account and believes her on the stuff directly between the two of them.

She believes he threatened to withdrawal from projects if she was going to be associated with them. She believes he had a henchwoman blackball her generally in the industry.

That said, I don't think other professionals and organizations should cut ties with him in this context, mainly because it was a consensual relationship. And, yes, evidence should matter. I know this reactiveness isn't happening because people care about the potential reality of the accusations in general, it's happening because it's the politically correct optic.

If she genuinely believes he sabotaged her career, we have courts for that.

Of course, she cant prove sh!t. So shell fire off a passive aggressive tweet or two and let the joke of a media run its course.

Interesting point. So anything other than speaking up immediately is beyond your statute of limitations? Must be nice to act so decisively in a toxic relationship. :thumbsup:

My problem with this crap is this.

The legal system has little niceties in place like a statute of limitations (its years long btw) and burdens of proof, and ability to confront witnesses and evidence for a reason.

If she believes he harmed her in some way, she should have to focking prove it in a fair and neutral forum.

But she cant. So she uses the media to destroy some guy. Does he deserve it? I dont know. Maybe he truly is an evil psycho. But she didnt have to prove a damn thing and he has pretty much zero chance to defend himself.

Its a digital lynch mob. Thats all this is.

• Like 2

Uhm....I read that she cheated on him with another guy. In my opinion, you get what you deserve when you do that. Heck, it turns out that after he broke up with her she even begged to get back together with him - and even played the "but I want to have children with you" game! Tell me how terrible that relationship was again if she's begging for him to take her back?

FFS, if we are going to play the emotional abuse game, cheating on someone is the highest form of emotional abuse you can do.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/chris-hardwick-chloe-dykstra-blacklist-allegation-1202848206/

So now the guy is completely out of work. The dude hustled. He was always running about a half a dozen different gigs at the same time. You and the company that he founded and created fired him. Ain't that a ?

And how much proof? And how much evidence?

I think this didn't know she was libeling the guy? There's a reason why she didn't use his name. But left more than enough bread crumbs for everybody to put it together.

For what? Being a bad boyfriend?

Just for a bit of context to your kids. Think of all the stories like this that have emerged in the last year or so. Guys lives are absolutely ruined. They lose their jobs, the reputations, sometimes their own families. Somehow, even worse, there is absolutely no idea as to how long they're supposed to wander in the desert as social and professional pariahs. Perhaps and most likely indefinitely.

Now, compare that to the cop and his five other cop buddies who shot to death the unarmed man in an Arizona hotel hallway. One of his buddies retired immediately and scampered off the Philippines. The only other one charged? The shooter? Completely acquitted. The ship was on motherfuking film and audio tape and still, not one bit of accountability. Again compare that to Chris Hardwick.

And in the ensuing civil suit? I have no doubt that the dead man's wife will get paid. Christ, in the interim you may not have heard that her young daughter tried to kill herself so she could be with Daddy. She's seven.

But in time and time again, the civil suits get settled and the only people who lose money ultimately are the taxpayers.

America today ladies and Gents. Killing unarmed man on HD audio and video? No ramifications. No repercussions. Be a handsy date or a bad boyfriend? Well you're focked for life.

brilliant.

Fock him. He's a small time snowflake. Would like to see Colbert or Kimmel taken down.

Just for a bit of context to your kids. Think of all the stories like this that have emerged in the last year or so. Guys lives are absolutely ruined. They lose their jobs, the reputations, sometimes their own families. Somehow, even worse, there is absolutely no idea as to how long they're supposed to wander in the desert as social and professional pariahs. Perhaps and most likely indefinitely.

Now, compare that to the cop and his five other cop buddies who shot to death the unarmed man in an Arizona hotel hallway. One of his buddies retired immediately and scampered off the Philippines. The only other one charged? The shooter? Completely acquitted. The ship was on motherfuking film and audio tape and still, not one bit of accountability. Again compare that to Chris Hardwick.

And in the ensuing civil suit? I have no doubt that the dead man's wife will get paid. Christ, in the interim you may not have heard that her young daughter tried to kill herself so she could be with Daddy. She's seven.

But in time and time again, the civil suits get settled and the only people who lose money ultimately are the taxpayers.

America today ladies and Gents. Killing unarmed man on HD audio and video? No ramifications. No repercussions. Be a handsy date or a bad boyfriend? Well you're focked for life.

###### brilliant.

Why must you lie? 5 cops? Get it straight. It was two a-holes, 1 shooter. And Fock them.

Fock him. He's a small time snowflake. Would like to see Colbert or Kimmel taken down.

Whether he's a small time or big time celebrity is irrelevant. Men need to take a stand against this modern day Salem witch trial called #metoo. What's happening now is only going to make things worse for ACTUAL victims of sexual abuse.

And, again, SHE cheated on him.

Why must you lie? 5 cops? Get it straight. It was two a-holes, 1 shooter. And Fock them.

You ignorant . Maybe read something once in awhile sport. Worst part is every time I prove you wrong, you just move on to the next line of bullshit.

----------

Shaver was kneeling, crying and begging not to be shot after he was confronted by six Mesa police officers in a La Quinta Inn & Suites hallway Jan. 18, 2016.

-------

You stupid motherfucker

You ignorant ######. Maybe read something once in awhile sport. Worst part is every time I prove you wrong, you just move on to the next line of bullshit.

----------

Shaver was kneeling, crying and begging not to be shot after he was confronted by six Mesa police officers in a La Quinta Inn & Suites hallway Jan. 18, 2016.

-------

You stupid motherfucker

They all shot him? That was one big hallway. Go watch the tape dumbass.

Uhm....I read that she cheated on him with another guy. In my opinion, you get what you deserve when you do that. Heck, it turns out that after he broke up with her she even begged to get back together with him - and even played the "but I want to have children with you" game! Tell me how terrible that relationship was again if she's begging for him to take her back?

Let me preface this by reiterating that I don't support this guy's career ending because of her sharing about the relationship they had.

But you have read his response. You have not read what he was responding to, her essay on Medium.

After three years of being snapped/yelled at constantly, very rarely being shown any affection- I finally left him. For another man. That I had literally just met. I was so desperate to be out I just clung on to the first knight in shining armor to show up.

Unfortunately, there was a slight crossover: a kiss. A kiss I immediately told him about, and he, surprisingly, instantly forgave me. Turned a total 180. He begged me not to leave him, even told me he was planning to propose; despite stating previously he had no intention to marry me. I knew this all stemmed from his fear of being alone (He actually got engaged very shortly after I left him) so luckily I remained strong in my resolve to leave him, despite my only desire for three years being that he loved me the way I loved him.

Why not leave his dweeb ass long ago instead of enduring bad behavior? Theres always two sides, Im sure his is completely different. Truth is in the middle as usual.

If she genuinely believes he sabotaged her career, we have courts for that.

Of course, she cant prove sh!t. So shell fire off a passive aggressive tweet or two and let the joke of a media run its course.

Technically a full essay online, not a couple of tweets.

But to me that is a very fair point. If she was willing to let that go, she shouldn't be putting this out there now. The consensual versus the malicious.

Because of my leaving him for someone else, he made calls to several companies I received regular work from to get me fired by threatening to never work with them. He succeeded. I was blacklisted. With the assistance of a woman who’d gained my trust and my heart over the past year, he steamrolled my career. The woman actively made it her mission to destroy my friendships. And she did, because by the time they’d realized she was… an unreliable source… the damage had already been done. To be fair, in break-ups like this one, some friends will just naturally gravitate towards the person who wields more power (and the ability to employ them), especially in the business I’m in- despite whatever history exists. Still, there’s so much more to that woman’s story (including 6 other women whose reputations/careers she attempted to sabotage) but I don’t want to digress too far from my point, which is abusive relationships, not friendships. This time in my life was agony.

The only way I can Devil's Advocate the choice she made here is that she has no way of sharing this particular point she wants to share without risking him getting #metoo screwed. That's giving her the benefit of the doubt that she doesn't primarily want that foremost, but wants to share this so others in relationships like this take off their rose-colored glasses.

It's never safe giving any bitter ex benefit of the doubt though. Which is another reason it's not right his professional ties acted decisively based on this. Politically correct but not right.