Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

FFLW was Hacked to Death. Exists no more.

Some of you may remember FFLW/FFLiveWire. It was the site started by Moose Knuckle Ball Four after his infamous exit from FFT some time ago. He hasn't been involved for years, either dead or retired or both, but the site lived on. I and others here (MTSkiBum, GypsyBrat) have competed for FFLW in the ultra-competitive InterBoard League (IBL); in my case originally because they would have me, but in the end it was a great collection of guys. Also the FFLW site had been the communication site for IBL for the past few years. Also I came in 2nd out of 96 owners in IBL last year, but enough about me...

I found out today from Rock Hard (another blast from the past for you ex-TDZers) that FFLW got "super-hacked" and essentially destroyed. Chad, the current owner, would have to rebuild from scratch, and his odds of doing it are pretty slim. So the site is no more, and some of us are now IBL orphans (Gypsy and Ski, word is that Dag is looking for a home for us).

For everyone else, why do you care? Well, other than maybe watching Mike ban me for posting this, I want to remind people that internet sites can go away, and it is good to have a "zombie apocalypse" plan. Heck, some of you youngins don't remember that FFT was hacked and offline for months back in... 2006 or so? At the time, we were lucky to have TDZ, which existed as of recently but doesn't appear to anymore. TDZ gave some of us core folks a way to stay together such that we could rebuild when FFT came back online.

I guess Ed's board is the place now? Ed, please keep it going. If you need a few shekels to keep the site running let me know. I don't have much time to putz on the internet but when I do, I like to spend it with you mooks. :) Also Mike: please don't ban me, and I'm wondering: if this place were destroyed, would you rebuild it?

:cheers:

Curly board down?

I was wondering what happened. I still posted over there 3-4 times a week.

I just assumed it was down for maintenance, that is too bad.

Hey Guys! Come on over to The Sanctuary!

We used to be gigantic snarky dooshes, but once we realized that it was the same handful or two of people standing around their Mom's basement staring at each other, we realized that the only thing worse than your company is our own.

So, come on over.

Login: Guest

Password: Welcome1

Tell 'em PartyHair sent you.

We used to be gigantic snarky dooshes, but once we realized that it was the same handful or two of people standing around their Mom's basement staring at each other, we realized that the only thing worse than your company is our own.

So, come on over.

Good lord :rolleyes:

I feel lefted out and betrayed :cry:

Two things.

Totally forgot about TDZ.

And if FFT goes down, I won't NEED a replacement. I will just move on with my life.

closet :pointstosky:

Two things.

And if FFT goes down, I won't NEED a replacement. I will just move on with my life.

This. After the super hack, I actually enjoyed the time. I wasn't one of these guys who went in every day hoping to God to be the first one back. In fact, as I recall it was several months after the board came back up that I finally wandered back into the pig sty.

This. After the super hack, I actually enjoyed the time. I wasn't one of these guys who went in every day hoping to God to be the first one back. In fact, as I recall it was several months after the board came back up that I finally wandered back into the pig sty.

Awesome

Some of you may remember FFLW/FFLiveWire. It was the site started by Moose Knuckle Ball Four after his infamous exit from FFT some time ago. He hasn't been involved for years, either dead or retired or both, but the site lived on. I and others here (MTSkiBum, GypsyBrat) have competed for FFLW in the ultra-competitive InterBoard League (IBL); in my case originally because they would have me, but in the end it was a great collection of guys. Also the FFLW site had been the communication site for IBL for the past few years. Also I came in 2nd out of 96 owners in IBL last year, but enough about me...

I found out today from Rock Hard (another blast from the past for you ex-TDZers) that FFLW got "super-hacked" and essentially destroyed. Chad, the current owner, would have to rebuild from scratch, and his odds of doing it are pretty slim. So the site is no more, and some of us are now IBL orphans (Gypsy and Ski, word is that Dag is looking for a home for us).

For everyone else, why do you care? Well, other than maybe watching Mike ban me for posting this, I want to remind people that internet sites can go away, and it is good to have a "zombie apocalypse" plan. Heck, some of you youngins don't remember that FFT was hacked and offline for months back in... 2006 or so? At the time, we were lucky to have TDZ, which existed as of recently but doesn't appear to anymore. TDZ gave some of us core folks a way to stay together such that we could rebuild when FFT came back online.

I guess Ed's board is the place now? Ed, please keep it going. If you need a few shekels to keep the site running let me know. I don't have much time to putz on the internet but when I do, I like to spend it with you mooks. :) Also Mike: please don't ban me, and I'm wondering: if this place were destroyed, would you rebuild it?

sorry to hear this. I was debating on cutting down on the leagues I am in...and with this information, I think I will just bow out of the IBL altogether. Was a great run and had a blast with you guys. If you could, just give Dags a heads up that I dont need a new home. Thanks and best of luck to you guys!

So, come on over.

Yeah the Sanctuary took a sh!t too.

So, make with the personal attacks, I guess.

easy fellas easy...

Dag here.

i'll get a temporary chat board set up for communications and we'll get all the head commishes in there soon.

i've just gotta talk with RC, Dan here and 625'er and the rest, we'll get this straight and get all FFlivewires' Ronan new jobs.

tomorrow though… i just got back from Finland, time for sleep.

;)

easy fellas easy...

Dag here.

i'll get a temporary chat board set up for communications and we'll get all the head commishes in there soon.

i've just gotta talk with RC, Dan here and 625'er and the rest, we'll get this straight and get all FFlivewires' Ronan new jobs.

tomorrow though i just got back from Finland, time for sleep.

;)

Thanks Dag, I'm glad this beacon found you. BTW Gypsy said he is bowing out this year because he is carrying Sux's child, so we need to replace him.

Latin Pimp

So...seriously. Why would a fantasy football message board be targeted?

Latin Pimp

So...seriously. Why would a fantasy football message board be targeted?

It may have been just the hosting platform they used and weren't specifically targeted.

The "owner" of fflivewire runs a business hosting .net applications and SQL servers. Hopefully not all his sites were effected.

I rented a public SQL server from him last year for a small project.

Dammit. I was a ground floor member over there. Not sure of member number, but I'm pretty sure it was single-digit.

Thanks Dag, I'm glad this beacon found you. BTW Gypsy said he is bowing out this year because he is carrying Sux's child, so we need to replace him.

He might have or might have not sold our love child to Russia. Either way, given this news, don't count him out yet.

:ninja: Livewire and the Sanctuary both within hours of each other.

Two things.

When Mike's hamster got whacked, I actually became a productive member of society.

Thank god that didn't last too long.

Looking for the IBL team from FFT. We have re-formed the group forums at the FS website. You'll still use FFT as your home base, but FS is essentially replacing FFLW as the central node. Come create a login and Coordinate with your Commish there. Draft starts 7/31

I wouldn't mind rejoining the IBL, seeing as I created it once upon a time, but this is not the year as I'll be in Malaysia come August. But even though this is July, it still seems rather late to be organizing it.

Keep me in mind though if you will although I've not been involved for ten years or so.

I wouldn't mind rejoining the IBL, seeing as I created it once upon a time, but this is not the year as I'll be in Malaysia come August. But even though this is July, it still seems rather late to be organizing it.

Keep me in mind though if you will although I've not been involved for ten years or so.

I'm playing for the FFLW team (although the site is dead; we are communicating MacGyver style) and we would love to have you, I think we have one more spot. PM me if interested. :cheers:

I'm playing for the FFLW team (although the site is dead; we are communicating MacGyver style) and we would love to have you, I think we have one more spot. PM me if interested. :cheers:

Great idea, come to the dark side voltaire,

Great idea, come to the dark side voltaire,

With us two recruiting him I don't see how we can fail$#@!

Also fock Malaysia as an excuse, I've been there and they have the internets to enjoy the FF orgy which is the IBL drafts. :cheers:

Oh, hell, OK I'm in then.

It's a lot of work and strategery and coordination and whatnot. I should know, I was the one who taught Know Doubt how to organize a team back during thestarvingbrain year, although that was a long time ago.

And then I have to start paying attention to football things as all I've really focused on this offseason was rookies for dynasty league teams. Playing in only 12 Geeks these last half dozen years, I'm not as up on things during the offseason as I use to be and that won't cut it in the IBL.