Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Fox News Staff Embarassed by Hannity

Fox News staffers are growing increasingly dismayed as network star Sean Hannity and others continue to promote the unfounded conspiracy theory that Seth Rich, a Democratic National Committee staffer was murdered last year for talking to WikiLeaks.

The Daily Beast spoke to nearly a dozen reporters, pundits, and hosts inside Fox News who all conveyed the same sentiment: Hannity is “embarrassing” the network, and the promotion of the Rich conspiracy theory is senselessly cruel to a grieving family.

“ARE WE STILL AIRING THAT ?!” one Fox News political reporter, who says they are furious that the conservative cable-news giant is entertaining the conspiracy theory, messaged The Daily Beast when informed of recent coverage.

Multiple sources said that hard-news reporters and staffers at the network are aghast at the network’s ongoing coddling of the baseless story and wonder why it has been allowed to continue.
Fox News staff spoke on the condition of anonymity.

“The other reporters I’ve talked to [about this] are similarly pissed about the whole thing,” another Fox reporter said. “Some find it embarrassing, others downright heartless [to spread this].”
“It’s just gross,” the reporter added.

Another news reporter said he is “befuddled” that the network hasn’t intervened to decisively put an end to Hannity’s incessant support for, and coverage of, this particular conspiracy theory.
Fox News has long prided itself on a supposed firewall between its “straight-news” reporting and its right-wing commentary side. Such a distinction often becomes the network’s line of defense when critics lambast anything its opinion hosts say on-air.

And yet, several of the network’s opinion pundits expressed disgust at the conspiracy theorizing, using words like “absurd” and “unhinged” to describe Hannity’s antics.

Fox News Network declined to comment.

The following (from above) is just a summary of what has been largely posted before:

The theory that the Hillary Clinton political machine had Seth Rich, 27, murdered because he allegedly had contact with WikiLeaks has been fodder for pro-Trump trolls on Reddit, 4Chan, and Twitter for months. No actual evidence exists proving the theory—beyond conspiratorial innuendo from trolls and Julian Assange—and Washington, D.C. police suspected that Rich was killed last summer in a botched robbery in the neighborhood.

And yet the conspiracy came back to Hannity’s attention last week when Fox regular Rod Wheeler, a private investigator allegedly hired by a Trump-supporting millionaire, claimed that proof existed of Rich’s contacts with WikiLeaks. Fox 5 D.C. ran with his assertion, as did FoxNews.com. Major players in viral conservative media including Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and The Drudge Report immediately latched onto this as a smoking gun.
Hours later, the story began to crumble.

Wheeler since rescinded the claim after the Rich family sent him a cease-and-desist letter. The family, via a spokesman, has additionally pleaded with Hannity and others to stop “[manipulating] the legacy of a murder victim in order to forward their own political agenda.”

Nevertheless, the conspiracy theory has persisted on Fox News.

Heck, even some of the 'commentators' routinely take shots at hannity. I'd virtually guarantee Shep Smith and Chris Wallace were two of the people commenting for this story. They think he's a complete joke - and they're right. But, he feeds the mouf-breavers.

I never hear Hillary mentioned when he covers it.

The following (from above) is just a summary of what has been largely posted before:

Heck, even some of the 'commentators' routinely take shots at hannity. I'd virtually guarantee Shep Smith and Chris Wallace were two of the people commenting for this story. They think he's a complete joke - and they're right. But, he feeds the mouf-breavers.

Many of them exist here

Wiff... I wonder what your Google searches first thing in the morning are.

It's funny watching you guys start thread after thread searching for Republican stuff. What the Democrats are doing is the last thing on my mind in the morning. Much less to start threads about it. Some life's you guys got going on over there.

Wiff... I wonder what your Google searches first thing in the morning are.

It's funny watching you guys start thread after thread searching for Republican stuff. What the Democrats are doing is the last thing on my mind in the morning. Much less to start threads about it. Some life's you guys got going on over there.

Democrats are too busy trying to solve Seth Rich's murder. I hear their reward is up to 50¢ and a pic of Bill Clinton's schwantz.

Democrats are too busy trying to solve Seth Rich's murder. I hear their reward is up to 50¢ and a pic of Bill Clinton's schwantz.

So why is it that all the so-called Republican hacks are the ones constantly posting about Seth rich?

Never ceases to amaze me some of the guys on the board have their own personal self worth so wrapped up Fox News and Trump that they can't even for a second step out and say yeah Hannity is an idiot, but....

So why is it that all the so-called Republican hacks are the ones constantly posting about Seth rich?

They believe in actually solving murders and actually investigating suspicious deaths like 'botched robberies' where gold chain, wallet, watch weren't taken?

Never ceases to amaze me some of the guys on the board have their own personal self worth so wrapped up Fox News and Trump that they can't even for a second step out and say yeah Hannity is an idiot, but....

So the guy is worth millions and has a national forum with millions of viewers yet is 4 steps down the evolutionary chain from the Great Oz of the Geek Bored (wiff) who can't stay sober, get a woman or a decent job. How does it feel to know someone like Hannity is crushing life over some unrecognized genius like yourself?

So the guy is worth millions and has a national forum with millions of viewers yet is 4 steps down the evolutionary chain from the Great Oz of the Geek Bored (wiff) who can't stay sober, get a woman or a decent job. How does it feel to know someone like Hannity is crushing life over some unrecognized genius like yourself?

If that's your measure of whether one should talk bad about someone else, you might want to pull back on discussions about Obama, Hillary, Comey, Liz Warren, anyone who works at CNN......all people who've accomplished more than you have by the time they were 30.

So ummm, yeah. I think we can talk about what a weasely piece of sh1t Hannity is. :wave:

I don't even think about hannity, nor do I watch Fox thinking "Ya! Stick it to those liberals!"

Much like I don't concern myself with CNN or their news people and what they say. They are slanted...they make things up...I just don't watch.

This...differs from you...who can't go a day starting an ENTIRE THREAD about Fox, Hannity, Trump, etc.....at 2:30am by the way...stellar effort.

But preach on how WE are so wrapped up in Fox as you start another thread about them.

I don't even think about hannity, nor do I watch Fox thinking "Ya! Stick it to those liberals!"

Much like I don't concern myself with CNN or their news people and what they say. They are slanted...they make things up...I just don't watch.

This...differs from you...who can't go a day starting an ENTIRE THREAD about Fox, Hannity, Trump, etc.....at 2:30am by the way...stellar effort.

But preach on how WE are so wrapped up in Fox as you start another thread about them.

I think the reason so many people make fun of Fox News and its viewers is because liberals watch MSNBC knowing full well it's a biased and slanted network. People watch Fox News and pretend it isn't.

I think the reason so many people make fun of Fox News and its viewers is because liberals watch MSNBC knowing full well it's a biased and slanted network. People watch Fox News and pretend it isn't.

Yeah that's dumb...obviously they slant right. I just take issue when lefties act like it's the end of the world ONE news station is slanted right.

I dunno...I've just never been concerned with who the monitor reader is on the tv.

Yeah that's dumb...obviously they slant right. I just take issue when lefties act like it's the end of the world ONE news station is slanted right.

I dunno...I've just never been concerned with who the monitor reader is on the tv.

There are many people who believe Fox is balanced. Don't deny it. And that's the reason people get made fun of. No one watching MSNBC pretends it's neutral.

There are many people who believe Fox is balanced. Don't deny it. And that's the reason people get made fun of. No one watching MSNBC pretends it's neutral.

Yeah..I mean they have some good segments where they get liberals on there...so you can get some...SOME good insight to both sides...but the talk shows are all right leaning.

there are many more who foolishly believe CNN is balanced. Those folks are beyond retarded.

If that's your measure of whether one should talk bad about someone else, you might want to pull back on discussions about Obama, Hillary, Comey, Liz Warren, anyone who works at CNN......all people who've accomplished more than you have by the time they were 30.

So ummm, yeah. I think we can talk about what a weasely piece of sh1t Hannity is. :wave:

Did I say they were idiots like wiff called Hannity? Nope.

To call someone who is worth millions and has an audience of millions an idiot while you're (wiff) barely scraping by, lonely, drunk and the butt of many jokes on a low traffic message bored is just moronic.

And you calling him a piece of sh!t..............do you feel the urge to lick his face?

there are many more who foolishly believe CNN is balanced. Those folks are beyond retarded.

Well right now, things are skewed. Unless you're Fox News and you are being instructed by your bosses (and fan base) to try to act favorable towards Trump, it is impossible not to be having a field day mocking this disaster of a presidency. Back when GW Bush was President, CNN was a great source for fair news. Fox is so far right and tried so hard to discredit Obama, that real news networks had to go the extra mile to remind everyone that Fox had an agenda. At this time, all the networks appear to be biased against Trump. That's his own fault. He's made the media a target since day one. Somehow, he thought it was better to make enemies with the media. And he got what he wished for. It also doesn't help that literally every single day, someone else comes forward and reveals something backhanded and sneaky that Trump attempted to talk them into. Is CNN not supposed to report that?

Well right now, things are skewed. Unless you're Fox News and you are being instructed by your bosses (and fan base) to try to act favorable towards Trump, it is impossible not to be having a field day mocking this disaster of a presidency. Back when GW Bush was President, CNN was a great source for fair news. Fox is so far right and tried so hard to discredit Obama, that real news networks had to go the extra mile to remind everyone that Fox had an agenda. At this time, all the networks appear to be biased against Trump. That's his own fault. He's made the media a target since day one. Somehow, he thought it was better to make enemies with the media. And he got what he wished for. It also doesn't help that literally every single day, someone else comes forward and reveals something backhanded and sneaky that Trump attempted to talk them into. Is CNN not supposed to report that?

:lol:

Fox News staffers are growing increasingly dismayed as network star Sean Hannity and others continue to promote the unfounded conspiracy theory that Seth Rich, a Democratic National Committee staffer was murdered last year for talking to WikiLeaks.

The Daily Beast spoke to nearly a dozen reporters, pundits, and hosts inside Fox News who all conveyed the same sentiment: Hannity is embarrassing the network, and the promotion of the Rich conspiracy theory is senselessly cruel to a grieving family.

ARE WE STILL AIRING THAT ######?! one Fox News political reporter, who says they are furious that the conservative cable-news giant is entertaining the conspiracy theory, messaged The Daily Beast when informed of recent coverage.

Multiple sources said that hard-news reporters and staffers at the network are aghast at the networks ongoing coddling of the baseless story and wonder why it has been allowed to continue.

Fox News staff spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The other reporters Ive talked to [about this] are similarly pissed about the whole thing, another Fox reporter said. Some find it embarrassing, others downright heartless [to spread this].

Its just gross, the reporter added.

Another news reporter said he is befuddled that the network hasnt intervened to decisively put an end to Hannitys incessant support for, and coverage of, this particular conspiracy theory.

Fox News has long prided itself on a supposed firewall between its straight-news reporting and its right-wing commentary side. Such a distinction often becomes the networks line of defense when critics lambast anything its opinion hosts say on-air.

And yet, several of the networks opinion pundits expressed disgust at the conspiracy theorizing, using words like absurd and unhinged to describe Hannitys antics.

Fox News Network declined to comment.

Please cite the source of this copy/paste. The article cites anonymous sources. Really people????

that makes 142 straight links you wasted your time searching for that I didn't open. Lol. Loser.

meathead thinks I post links making fun of him for the benefit of him.

meathead thinks I post links making fun of him for the benefit of him.

No, I think it's because you think you're clever. If you were clever, you'd have offered up a reply to my post. You had nothing. As usual.

No, I think it's because you think you're clever. If you were clever, you'd have offered up a reply to my post. You had nothing. As usual.

Reply to what? That you think Fox is so far to the right and CNN is more towards the center? We've been down that road and NUMEROUS examples of CNN bias were posted. To try and reason with someone who thinks CNN is anything remotely other than a joke is an exercise in futility.

Reply to what? That you think Fox is so far to the right and CNN is more towards the center? We've been down that road and NUMEROUS examples of CNN bias were posted. To try and reason with someone who thinks CNN is anything remotely other than a joke is an exercise in futility.

Yup

• Like 1

spot on

I admitted that during this presidency. CNN has been very anti-Trump. But how can they not be? They have two regulars who appear on panels who are big time Trump supporters. Jack Kingston and Jeffrey somebody. Many times, I've seen them fighting back smiles as they're forced to defend Trump. They know he's a clown show too. The Trump years will not be an accurate gauge of anyone's bias. SNL, CNN, CBS... There is no way to cover this guy and his daily lies and leaks and scandals without appearing to be biased.

I admitted that during this presidency. CNN has been very anti-Trump. But how can they not be? They have two regulars who appear on panels who are big time Trump supporters. Jack Kingston and Jeffrey somebody. Many times, I've seen them fighting back smiles as they're forced to defend Trump. They know he's a clown show too. The Trump years will not be an accurate gauge of anyone's bias. SNL, CNN, CBS... There is no way to cover this guy and his daily lies and leaks and scandals without appearing to be biased.

Yet you say Fox does exactly that but they're 'far right'?

Pretty safe to say filthy is just a f****** moron at this point.

And clearly a very lonely sad old man.

I mean how f****** stupid do you have to be that even the Fox employees think a story is b******* and guys like filthy and cyclone, HT, cdub, Baker, etc. Still cling desperately to a line of bullshit even Fox rejects it?

It's pretty sad when your father right than Fox News. And more of a hack.

Poor qweef hating on yet another successful person. I guess if my life were as pathetic as his I would lash out at those around me whose life was much better than mine.

There's more here then a botched robbery. I'm not saying it has anything to do with HRC, never have. But a robbery doesn't fit. Whatever.