Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

How do you like your team Pre-Fraft?

Let's put together a little preview of our 2018-2019 Rosters.... how you're up in your feels them and what you're looking to address in the upcoming fraft.

I'll start:

THE MIGHTY SWEATERMEATS
Carr, Derek OAK QB 242.66
Trubisky, Mitchell CHI QB 143.16
Wentz, Carson PHI QB (Q) 334.66
Breida, Matt SFO RB 103.50
Conner, James PIT RB (Q) 14.40
Freeman, Devonta ATL RB (Q) 201.20
Kamara, Alvin NOS RB 315.40
Lewis, Dion TEN RB 197.00
McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB 229.60
Murray, Latavius MIN RB 157.50
Agholor, Nelson PHI WR 187.50
Bryant, Martavis OAK WR 133.40
Cole, Keelan JAC WR 133.80
Gabriel, Taylor CHI WR 82.20
Matthews, Rishard TEN WR 156.50
Moncrief, Donte JAC WR 77.10
Reynolds, Josh LAR WR 27.40
Roberts, Seth OAK WR 92.50
Woods, Robert LAR WR 164.30
Howard, O.J. TBB TE 103.20
Kelce, Travis KCC TE 235.50
Kittle, George SFO TE 106.50

As it sits I believe the Mighty Sweatermeats are a pretty heavy contender for another run at the title this year. Another year has passed and with a few real life team moves and coaching changes I think the Sweatermeats have come out in pretty good shape.

QB's: All young, Wentz is mediocre and should barely get me any points. Carr with a new coach and getting Bryant could really come around from his semi-slump. Trubisky is the greatest question and potential to improve with some great off season trades has seen whats rated as the best draft and off season of all NFL teams. These three should carry me for years to come.

RB's: With my young studs that were rookies last year Kamara and McCaffrey I'm set for a few years. My other stud in Freeman is getting a little long in the tooth for a RB.... as is Lewis and Murray, though both can throw up some pretty good points on any given Sunday. Breida and Conner are in their sophomore year as well and hertofore haven't done much, but hopefully we'll see them come around.

WR's: I think the biggest weakness on my team. I'm missing a true WR1... though Matthew's is rated as one, he doesn't put up the points like one. I have a few WR2's in Woods and Moncrief that could really take off this year. Moncrief for one needs to do something this year or he may be dead to me. Several of my guys in Agholor, Bryant, Gabriel are starting slot guys but aren't consistantly getting me big points. All in all... there are 5 of them that got me over 100 points last year, so they are serviceable, but we don't have a huge standout crew.

TE's: With the retirement of Witten I new I had to pick up a real TE1 as OJ Howard seems to be taking a bit to come along. The trade for Kelce I think was the best thing I could have done for my team. He should be a stud for years to come and if Howard really does turn out... that duo will be hard to not start in tandem.

8‑6‑0, 133.9, 4‑2‑0

Last year my team went 8-6 in the regular season. Pretty middle of the road, but it was enough to take the division with a divisional 4-2 record. I don't see a reason I wouldn't do so again. Last year I averaged 133.9 ppg. Again... I think that should bump up a little. I'm predicting a divison title for the Sweatermeat's and depending on how we do in the draft it really could turn into a juggernaut. The power of youth prevails in this team.

I don't see the Mighty Sweatermeat's needing to target a QB, nor a TE for a few years at least, but of course if one should be there and the best on the bored it's not out of the picture. Obviously the big gap for the Sweatermeats is our WR crop. With the 11th pick, I don't believe we'll be able to get someone who can make an immediate impact this year, but we may be able to get a guy or two who can develop into something better than what we're working with. Secondarily it would be good to take a flyer or two on a young RB, hopefully lightning strikes and we get someone who outplays his ranking. We're pretty deep in RB's this fraft, so there could be some decent dudes still left on the board for my two 2nd round picks.

This rivals one of my amazing team posts in length......but where are the jokes? Where is the trash talk? Where is the glory? Without those things, it matters not what type of roster you have, as you simply can't be a contender for my throne.

This rivals one of my amazing team posts in length......but where are the jokes? Where is the trash talk? Where is the glory? Without those things, it matters not what type of roster you have, as you simply can't be a contender for my throne.

Humbelly... grassroots.. taking down a corrupt regime... from the people... in a humbly way.

Humbelly... grassroots.. taking down a corrupt regime... from the people... in a humbly way.

That's what I did last year.

Not one trade aided me in winning. I did it by drafting and free agency

That's what I did last year.

Not one trade aided me in winning. I did it by drafting and free agency

The thing is.....it seems like you both did reasonably well last year, but nobody quite remembers for sure. Steak is tasty, but without the sizzle, nobody knows to order it. The El Padrino brings the sizzle.

Major rebuilding... Embarrassed to post any players on my team. When's the draft and cut down day?

The thing is.....it seems like you both did reasonably well last year, but nobody quite remembers for sure. Steak is tasty, but without the sizzle, nobody knows to order it. The El Padrino brings the sizzle.

Maybe like a slow smolder... like a bonfire that once raged hot.. but now is like the embers after a two day old kegger...

Old... boring.. shameful...

A bum picking up butts in the road after last nights street dance.

I'm looking to add a stud WR. Futute First round picks available, as well as 2018 3rd, a depth RB and depth TEs.

Send offers.

As for the question....

The dirty doctors are feeling good with a core of Big Diick Watson, Zeke, Drake, AJ Green, Marvin Jones and the move of Trey Burton to Chicago.

Depth is decent, not spectacular.

Superior management is what elevates this franchise.

Will reformat later.... Busy until about 9 tonight

Brees, Drew NOS QB
Goff, Jared LAR QB

Carson, Chris SEA RB

Charles, Jamaal FA RB -
Cohen, Tarik CHI RB

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB

Davis, Mike SEA RB

McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB

McKissic, J.D. SEA RB

Vereen, Shane FA RB

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR
Garcon, Pierre SFO WR
Gentry, Tanner CHI WR
Ginn Jr., Ted NOS WR
Kupp, Cooper LAR WR
Lockett, Tyler SEA WR
Maclin, Jeremy FA WR
Perriman, Breshad BAL WR
Pryor, Terrelle NYJ WR
Rudolph, Travis NYG WR
Thielen, Adam MIN WR
Williams, Tyrell LAC WR

DeValve, Seth CLE TE

Doyle, Jack IND TE
Gates, Antonio LAC TE
Higbee, Tyler LAR TE
McDonald, Vance PIT TE
Swoope, Erik IND TE

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

Zuerlein, Greg LAR PK

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

I am pretty happy with this team. many players i have targeted in other league, though not a lot of depth imo.

qb: brees=strong vet; Goff= highly valued young player on strong team

rb: mckinnon, cohen, coleman lead the way. nice potential in ppr

wr: baldwin, thielen, garcon, kupp, ginn, lockett, williams.... deepest position. should provide steady pts

te: doyle was looking promising until the colts signed ebron. some potential in higbee, devalve, mcdonald but only so many rec to go around on those offenses.

pk: gots and greg the leg... fine production

def: dal and pitt....meh

• Like 1

Will reformat later.... Busy until about 9 tonight

:thumbsup:

This team is sick.

QB: Stafford, Rivers

RB: Bell, Gordon, Fournette, McCoy, Foreman, Lacy, JStew

WR: Diggs, Cooks, C. Davis, Demaryius, Dez, M. Williams, T. Taylor, Floyd, Carroo

TE: Ertz, Brate, Hooper, Njoku, Shaheen

K: Tucker, Succup

DEF: Jags, Lions

QBs are fine - middle of the road fantasy guys. They'll do enough to get me by and sometimes have big weeks. Probably need a youth infusion here soon though.

RBs are insane. 4 legit RB1 candidates here. I'm hoping Foreman comes back from injury, I liked him alot coming out, but I shouldnt need him this year.

WRs are very good and very young. Diggs and Cooks are legit WR1 types. Davis and Williams didnt have the best rookie seasons, but I have lots of faith in both of their abilites and draft pedigrees. Demaryius should give me 2-3 more years of legit production. Dez is a wildcard, but if he ends up in GB or NO he could have a great year. Trent Taylor is a fine 7th option slot guy. Carroo and Floyd are filler garbage.

TEs look strong, with Ertz being the main guy. Njoku and Hooper are young and hopefully on the swing up. Brate is solid, and the new contract is nice, but OJ Howard could be taking his spot as soon as next year. Shaheen is a flier but had Gronk-like metrics coming out, so I am holding out hope in the new CHI offense for him.

K - Tucker is great

DEF - Jaguars are very good and young, very happy to have them

There is not a weak spot on the team. There is a good mix of vets and young players. We looked like the favorites going into the playoffs last year but got upset. Anything can happen. I expect to be contending for a title again this year.

• Like 1

QB: Rodgers, Dak, Mahomes - Strong and pretty deep. Mahomes could be special.

RB: Jordan Howard, David Johnson, Gallman, Rawls - 2 very good backs but need more depth - Draft need.

WR: Kennan Allen, D Hopkins, Ju Ju, Jeffries, Chris Hogan, Tyreek Hill, Chris Godwin - Strong - VERY VERY deep. tradable commodities

TE - Evan Engram, Jordan Reed, Jake Butt, - Good - potential to be very strong

K - Boswell - yawn

D - Miami and Houston - Houston has strong potential depending on Watts.

Mahomes could be special.

needs

My sweet sweet children,

I couldn't be bothered to ready these self evaluations, but my lieutenants have done so and informed me that while some of your rosters are somewhat above average in terms of statistical prowess, they are all lacking the championship pedigree, flair, sex appeal, and swagger that is necessary to excite the fandom.Only your El Padrino possesses these traits. Yes, we sometimes lose, but it's just a strategic chess like step towards a more all-encompassing victory that will result in a euphoria normally reserved for the targets of one of the narc's midnight raids.

QB: Jameis Winston is currently considered a top 10 dynasty option with potential, but we aren't happy without the overall top 1 QB, so we would like to make a trade here.

RB: JWilliams/Montgomery/Gordon, Crowell - The Green Bay group was actually adequate as a #2. Crowell is a solid #3 with upside. We are lacking the #1 to be a true threat statistically.

WR: Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Amari Cooper, Dede Westbrook, John Ross, Brandon Marshall - AB+ODB is obviously the best duo that has ever existed in DNDL history, and possibly United States History. They alone make us a title threat statistically. As for the thus far disappointing Cooper, his new coach says the passing game will revolve around him. If so, that should be another weekly pelvic thrust to the throats of your respective teams. Where does Brandon Marshall end up? I've heard GB and Seattle mentioned. Prospect wise, Dede could emerge as the Jags #1 option and Ross was an NFL top 10 pick last season that never got healthy.

TE: Jimmy Graham, Uncle Rico Gathers, Eifert - Graham should be a surefire top 5 TE catching touchdown passes from Rodgers, and it's not inconceivable that he ends up #1. Eifert was a flyer that has been hurt for 2 years, but he had 13 TDs the last season he was healthy. Uncle Rico is an athletic freak and the acknowledged best receiving option on a team without a TE, so that's a lotto ticket.

While all of this looks quite imposing as is, a key is I own 5 of the top 16 picks in our draft (#2, #3, #10, #15, and #16). My glaring weakness is at RB, RB is the one position that can step in and be great in season 1, it appears there are 8 starting RBs available in this draft, and I will likely have the ability to grab 3 of those 8 players if I so choose. In short, it could be a powerful reload. Thinking more long term, I also own 3 first rounders next season, so we are positioned to inflict pain on the souls of weaker men for years to come.

In the end, I expect to struggle to find the right starting lineup in the early weeks of the season, which could lead to some struggles along the lines of a 5-0 type record in which we are only a pedestrian 3rd or so in total points. But by mid season we should perform closer to our expected levels, before finally hitting our stride down the stretch of what seems likely to be a championship season in which my dominance causes two more owners to quit the league. However, if you don't quit and instead choose to bask in the warmth provided by my glory, you will experience a sense of contentment and peace that will embolden you to becoming a more powerful and productive force in your non-DNDL life. And for allowing me to bestow this gift upon you, it is actually I that is grateful.

With love,

Your El Padrino

• Like 1

Kat Fancy
2017 record 3‑11
Ave Score: 117.0 per week
As the Commissioner steps up to the podium an excited hush falls across the crowd.
"With the first pick of the 2018 Rookie Draft, Kat Fancy selects Running Back Saquon Barkley of the New York Giants."
The crowd goes wild!*
(*piped in cheering because nobody really gives a fock about the Die Nasty league let alone the last place Kat Fockers)
With the healthy return of Dalvin Cook and Allen Robinson, coupled with the addition of Saquon Barkley, The Kats are pleased.
Yeah, we have absolutely zero depth and two of our main players are coming back from season ending injuries, but this is the off season so the glass is half full.
Relistically one or two injuries will decimate this team....and bye weeks will be a problem, but on paper this starting lineup is strong enough to beat anyone.
I would think we are in store for a .500 season.....but if we avoid injuries and everyone lives up to their projections, we could contend for the playoffs.
QB: Kirk Cousins
Primary Backups: Eli Manning
RB: Todd Gurley - Dalvin Cook - Saquon Barkley
Primary Backups: Duke Johnson
WR: Davante Adams - Allen Robinson - Sammy Watkins
Primary Backups: Josh Doctson, Mike Wallace, Jermaine Kearse
TE: Hunter Henry
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Minnesota Vikings

You should trade the 1st pick for depth. Don't be dumb like the cleveland browns

You should trade the 1st pick for depth. Don't be dumb like the cleveland browns

You don't trade studs for depth.....depth doesn't win you championships.

The Kats have a young and strong starting lineup....we can build the depth up in the following years.

You don't trade studs for depth.....depth doesn't win you championships.

The Kats have a young and strong starting lineup....we can build the depth up in the following years.

When you first have depth, studs win championships. When you don't have depth, you trade studs to acquire depth and hopefully future studs. Depth takes many years to build. Studs are acquired in single moment. Trade me the #1 pick.

.depth doesn't win you championships.

I guess you missed last year?

When you first have depth, studs win championships. When you don't have depth, you trade studs to acquire depth and hopefully future studs. Depth takes many years to build. Studs are acquired in single moment. Trade me the #1 pick.

damn you and your Jedi mind tricks!

I guess you missed last year?

you did not win last year....just so happens everyone else lost.

damn you and your Jedi mind tricks!

you did not win last year....just so happens everyone else lost.

12 and 2 with a title

Find me a better season. DO IT :mad:

You had a great season, but lets not pretend you werent incredibly lucky. You were only 5th in points scored during the regular season (3 teams in my division alone were ahead of that). You also had the least amount of points scored against you. It was an average team getting incredibly lucky and making a good run.

You had a great season, but lets not pretend you werent incredibly lucky. You were only 5th in points scored during the regular season (3 teams in my division alone were ahead of that). You also had the least amount of points scored against you. It was an average team getting incredibly lucky and making a good run.

Luckiest I have ever been in 30 years of playing fantasy football.

Best defense in the league :pointstosky:

How the fock did you let colts trade away all those first and 2nd round picks with getting nothing back in return.

• Like 1

Kat Fancy

2017 record 3‑11

As the Commissioner steps up to the podium an excited hush falls across the crowd.

"With the first pick of the 2018 Rookie Draft, Kat Fancy selects Running Back Saquon Barkley of the New York Giants."

The crowd goes wild!*

(*piped in cheering because nobody really gives a fock about the Die Nasty league let alone the last place Kat Fockers)

With the healthy return of Dalvin Cook and Allen Robinson, coupled with the addition of Saquon Barkley, The Kats are pleased.

Yeah, we have absolutely zero depth and two of our main players are coming back from season ending injuries, but this is the off season so the glass is half full.

Relistically one or two injuries will decimate this team....and bye weeks will be a problem, but on paper this starting lineup is strong enough to beat anyone.

I would think we are in store for a .500 season.....but if we avoid injuries and everyone lives up to their projections, we could contend for the playoffs.

How the fock did you let colts trade away all those first and 2nd round picks with getting nothing back in return.

Why Ike? What ever do you mean? ^_^

Kat Fancy
2017 record 3‑11
The crowd goes wild!*

Is the middle of May too soon to call this season a lost cause? :cry:

I guess you bastages really cool guys should start watching for trade offers....and you even bigger bastages really cool guys should start sending over your rape help the Cats offers.

• Like 1