Sign in to follow this  
edjr

TRUMP rescinds DACA

One of America's core tenets is that we are a country of laws. We constantly fight against lawlessness throughout the world. Without laws we are nothing. I don't see how people who refuse to honor those laws are "Americans in every sense of the word."

Because DACA recipients didn't break the law. Their parents did.

Then fix the loopholes. No different then the wealthy (like Trump) using loopholes to pay as little taxes as possible. Republicans are in control. They can fix, change, do just about anything they want. If they remove DACA, so be it. I think it would be a horrible thing is all.

DACA was, and is, illegal. It was unconstitutional for Obummer to enact it. AG's from a bunch of states were going to sue the feds today if it hadn't been rescinded. They already sued over another, similar program, Obummer tried to enact after this one skated through. They got an injunction and it was expected they would get one for DACA as well. So they forced Trumps hand.

If you're in favor of closing loopholes, you should be fine with this. Essentially Trump just closed an illegal, unconstitutional one.

it's destroyed the education system, thankfully I was able to help and convince my daughter to move out of mass, where they are loaded with them, up to new Hampshire where the teachers can actually give individual attention to the kids/working families who actually deserve it. Its a disgrace, all in the name of votes.

Yup. These advocates for them obviously don't have them in their areas.

I'm torn. On the one hand, these people shouldn't be here in the first place. On the other hand, of all the illegals to focus on why are we targeting HS grads who have jobs and no criminal record?

Seems like the Don pandering to mouthbreathers again. It's what he does best.

I'm torn. On the one hand, these people shouldn't be here in the first place. On the other hand, of all the illegals to focus on why are we targeting HS grads who have jobs and no criminal record?

Seems like the Don pandering to mouthbreathers again. It's what he does best.

Read my previous post. He had no choice. And not sure what you mean by focus on these. Trump has been focused on illegal immigration since he was elected. It isn't like he went after these kids on day one.

Read my previous post. He had no choice. And not sure what you mean by focus on these. Trump has been focused on illegal immigration since he was elected. It isn't like he went after these kids on day one.

Still waiting for the Don to hammer businesses that hire illegals. For that matter I'm waiting on his 35% tariffs on companies that manufacture overseas too. :thumbsup:

DACA was, and is, illegal. It was unconstitutional for Obummer to enact it. AG's from a bunch of states were going to sue the feds today if it hadn't been rescinded. They already sued over another, similar program, Obummer tried to enact after this one skated through. They got an injunction and it was expected they would get one for DACA as well. So they forced Trumps hand.

If you're in favor of closing loopholes, you should be fine with this. Essentially Trump just closed an illegal, unconstitutional one.

I said the same in my original posts. This is not a law. I'm glad he rescinded it so Congress can make it a law or not. I found it unconstitutional for Obama to enact it. But these kids or DACA recipients didn't violate the law. To remove individuals who only know this country or speak English, is fundamentally wrong to me.

This is the liberal side of me, and hate the idea of kicking kids, who did nothing wrong, out of the only country they've ever known.

There is not a good solution, either we are heartless and kick people that were raised in this country out of it or we send the message to other countries that it is alright to immigrate to the US illegally.

There is not a good solution, either we are heartless and kick people that were raised in this country out of it or we send the message to other countries that it is alright to immigrate to the US illegally.

After feeding them, clothing them, protecting them and educating them, we are heartless. What more do people want from us? Seriously, what is the end game here?

(oh yeah, votes).

I said the same in my original posts. This is not a law. I'm glad he rescinded it so Congress can make it a law or not. I found it unconstitutional for Obama to enact it. But these kids or DACA recipients didn't violate the law. To remove individuals who only know this country or speak English, is fundamentally wrong to me.

This is the liberal side of me, and hate the idea of kicking kids, who did nothing wrong, out of the only country they've ever known.

I already offered a solution. Their parents knew what they were doing was wrong when they came here. They should have to leave. If they do so voluntarily their kids can stay. If they really came here to give their kids a better life they will be more than willing to make that sacrifice.

By the way, don't buy the fake media spin.

This was not for "children". To qualify you had to be between 15 and 31 years old.

Children ...pahlease

This was not for "children". To qualify you had to be between 15 and 31 years old.

Children ...pahlease

It's all about the Children :cry:

They snuck in and we fed, clothed, protected and educated them, but that simply isn't enough for some people. :dunno:

(hint: it's about votes)

"all the better to kill America my Dear"

Perhaps you've heard the argument that they only do work that Americans are unwilling to do?

It would be nice if we had some bricklayers and roofers in the Geek Club to comment on this.

I'm in the construction biz and this is just such as stupid argument.

You know who benefits from cheap labor? The absolute richest amongst us. You know who gets screwed? The rest of us. The people that get screwed the most are the poorest. The working class.

If there wasn't a steady stream of illegals coming over to build things, maybe a rich man that wants a new building would just have to pay a bit more for it. The guy who owns the construction company would make a higher mark up off the more expensive labor and the American working might make enough to support his family. The free market would be allowed to work.

You know who benefits from cheap labor? The absolute richest amongst us. You know who gets screwed? The rest of us. The people that get screwed the most are the poorest. The working class.

If there wasn't a steady stream of illegals coming over to build things, maybe a rich man that wants a new building would just have to pay a bit more for it. The guy who owns the construction company would make a higher mark up off the more expensive labor and the American working might make enough to support his family. The free market would be allowed to work.

Aren't you impeding the free market by keeping them out?

Seems like if this is all about the free market, you should be figuring out a way to beat the illegals by being better or more efficient at your job. Although, most likely, you'd just have to join them in the race to the bottom

DACA recipients ineligible for: Medicaid, Food Stamps, SSI, Welfare, Section 8 and ACA

They're probably costing taxpayers a far lot less than a good number of "natural" citizens

Children ...pahlease

No.

To apply for DACA, immigrants have to have come to the US before 2007, and have been 15 or younger when they arrived and younger than 31 when DACA was created in June 2012. They had to have a nearly spotless criminal record and be enrolled in high school or have a high school diploma or equivalent.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.us-immigration.com/deferred-action-application-I-821D.jsp&ved=0ahUKEwjTsef2347WAhXJ64MKHaIaCaEQFggoMAE&usg=AFQjCNETiqqMnzFVWAz8Ym4WPeun9v4rXg

I really can't say that I'm on board with this. To me there is a vast difference between criminal illegal alien adults knowing they are doing wrong and undocumented children that are here to get educated that didnt ask to come here.

But naturally I'm sure all the board liberals who had no problem with an executive action instead of Congress over something like this suddenly are now outraged that it gets taken away with an executive order. Color Me shocked.

No.

To apply for DACA, immigrants have to have come to the US before 2007, and have been 15 or younger when they arrived and younger than 31 when DACA was created in June 2012. They had to have a nearly spotless criminal record and be enrolled in high school or have a high school diploma or equivalent.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.us-immigration.com/deferred-action-application-I-821D.jsp&ved=0ahUKEwjTsef2347WAhXJ64MKHaIaCaEQFggoMAE&usg=AFQjCNETiqqMnzFVWAz8Ym4WPeun9v4rXg

wrong bongo, cut right from the guideline section of the government web page.

Age Guidelines

Anyone requesting DACA must have been under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012. You must also be at least 15 years or older to request DACA, unless you are currently in removal proceedings or have a final removal or voluntary departure order, as summarized in the table below:

Aren't you impeding the free market by keeping them out?

Seems like if this is all about the free market, you should be figuring out a way to beat the illegals by being better or more efficient at your job. Although, most likely, you'd just have to join them in the race to the bottom

I don't know if you can call it the free market when one guy is following the law and the other guy isn't but bolded is how it works right now. I need to hire labor in the same range as what my competition is paying or I won't get the projects. But like I said before, if I had to pay a US citizen more money, than I'd make more in markups for the extra labor costs. So he wins and so do I.

So that American's are unwilling to do the job is bunk. Sure they won't do it for the same price but the work would need to get done and wages would have to rise.

THere really isn't enough manpower for the market to work. After the last recession a ton of people left the industry and never came back... Usually they'd work at home depot or the like for a year or so until things start going again, but it didn't happen..

Even at the status quo, forgetting politics and changes, we don't have enough construction manpower in this country.

I have no idea how they will deal with Houston. I know after the last big FL hurricane, (matthew was it? ) all the labor that came into FL to rebuild had texas license plates. That isn't happening if Irma follows the predicitions and devastates FL

THere really isn't enough manpower for the market to work. After the last recession a ton of people left the industry and never came back... Usually they'd work at home depot or the like for a year or so until things start going again, but it didn't happen..

Even at the status quo, forgetting politics and changes, we don't have enough construction manpower in this country.

I have no idea how they will deal with Houston. I know after the last big FL hurricane, (matthew was it? ) all the labor that came into FL to rebuild had texas license plates. That isn't happening if Irma follows the predicitions and devastates FL

You don't think more people would be willing to swing some tools if there was more money in it? Everyone has a price.

You don't think more people would be willing to swing some tools if there was more money in it? Everyone has a price.

Have you seen the Tiger naked pic? :wub:

wrong bongo, cut right from the guideline section of the government web page.

Age Guidelines

Anyone requesting DACA must have been under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012. You must also be at least 15 years or older to request DACA, unless you are currently in removal proceedings or have a final removal or voluntary departure order, as summarized in the table below:

Yes. They had to come here before 2007. Had to be 15 or younger when the got here. And no older then 31 as of 2012. 31y/o is also for the kids brought here in the 1990's and 1980's. If a 1 year old kid was brought here in 1980, they wouldn't qualify. Someone who came here in 2008 as a 16y/o doesn't qualify.

To request Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, you must meet the following DACA requirements:

You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;

You entered the United States prior to your 16th birthday;

You have resided in the United States since June 15, 2007 and currently are present in the U.S.;

You were in the United States on June 15, 2012 and must be physically in the U.S. at the time of filing for your request for deferred action;

You entered the United States without border inspection before June 15, 2012, or your immigration status expired prior to June 15, 2012;

You must be currently in school, have graduated, or obtained an equivalent certificate of completion from high school, successfully obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or must have been honorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States;

You must not have been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and must not pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Utter stupidity...and guarantee those cheering this on don't even understand the damn thing.

You're such a condescending focktard. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them automatically stupid. Your arrogance is tiring. Your shtick is predictable. Grow the fock up.

It states 15 or older :doh:

Where :dunno: link. Everything I've read says before their 16th birthday. That means 15 or younger.

Not a bricklayer or roofer, but I'm in the flooring biz.

My opinions on illegals under cutting the pricing of legitimate licensed and insured tradesmen are well documented on this forum.

They need to go.

This is another good point. How the hell can unions financially support Democrats and Union workers but they don't seem to have a problem with illegals scabbing jobs?

You're such a condescending focktard. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them automatically stupid. Your arrogance is tiring. Your shtick is predictable. Grow the fock up.

This..times a billion.

Well said. And so true.

Where :dunno: link. Everything I've read says before their 16th birthday. That means 15 or younger.

the "age guideline" I cut and pasted ? Like right above your reply ?

Imagine if the libtards cares this much about their own countrymen? How come they don't?

According to fox news, 91% of DACA recipients work, and it would cost the economy billions. DACA is a good program/answer, to a bad immigration policy. DACA recipients are the kind of immigrants we want. They work or are in school. They stay after graduation. They contribute to the economy. They register and pay every 2 years to stay on the program, and out of the shadows. These people were kids when brought here to no fault of their own. Now they contribute, work, get educated, and pay a fee every 2 years, stay out of trouble for fear if having their status revoked. Seems they're helping more then hurting.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/04/daca-trump-reportedly-expected-to-end-dreamers-immigration-program.amp.html&ved=0ahUKEwia5q_qvo7WAhUk1oMKHcjBDG0QFghvMA0&usg=AFQjCNH7yUlgRd1BjaKVDtYGQ0t48lcLLg&ampcf=1

As I said...most cheering this move have no clue what the program is.

I have no problem for congress making it law...but this decision to rescind and rely on this inept congress is awful.

I don't know if you can call it the free market when one guy is following the law and the other guy isn't but bolded is how it works right now. I need to hire labor in the same range as what my competition is paying or I won't get the projects. But like I said before, if I had to pay a US citizen more money, than I'd make more in markups for the extra labor costs. So he wins and so do I.

So that American's are unwilling to do the job is bunk. Sure they won't do it for the same price but the work would need to get done and wages would have to rise.

Yes but you're not really advocating for the free market here. Free market principles should want cheaper labor and then you have to join them or offer something in the way of skills or training that they cannot.

Just think it's funny that you invoke the free market in a post where you basically say there has to be this government action of keeping certain people out so that the labor market has less competition.

SCOTUS voted 4-4

Calling it unconstitutional or illegal is not a factual position.

This...like many other Trump policies are red meat for his most ignorant base (as yiu see by the responses here)