5.19-

6.17-

6.32-

6.33-

7.25-

7.35-

7.37-

:huh: :wacko: :doh:

Bills GM Buddy Nix ranks left tackle as the team's top need entering the draft.
WR Michael Floyd could go as early as No. 10 to Buffalo or as late as No. 21 to Cincinnati.
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi expects Boston College LB Luke Kuechly to be drafted in the 9-12 range on Thursday. The Panthers, Bills, Chiefs, and Seahawks pick 9-12, and Kuechly could fit any of those teams.
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms that the feeling around the league is Alabama S Mark Barron is a strong consideration for the Bills at No. 10.
CBS Sports' Charley Casserly reports that the Bills want to trade up to draft USC LT Matt Kalil, and would throw in a second-round pick to pull it off.
Our prediction, as it stands, is Barron going to the Bills and Michael Brockers to Dallas.
CBS Sports' Rob Rang reports that the Bills' heavily-reported interest in Alabama S Mark Barron and Boston College ILB Luke Kuechly is "total BS."
A league source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to PFT's Mike Florio that the Bills are interested in a left tackle in the first round.
The Bills are reportedly "extremely interested" in Alabama S Mark Barron and South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore.

end the insanity :banana:

Hahaaa, you gotta love it!

My fins are picking Ryan Tannehill...or are they?

I have been on and off the fence about this for the past few weeks. Part of me wants them to finally select another first round QB instead of digging around for bargains, the other part of me says that Tannehill is only a first round QB due to need, not due to talent (not that he isn't talented). So many other needs on this team that I might be happy if Ireland trades down, grabs more picks, reinforces the o-line, and the Dolphins ride a "good enough" QB like Moore until a true franchise QB becomes available.

But the fact is if Ireland does not pick Tannehill, Dolphins fans will be under his office window with torches and pitchforks. Whether he's really worth the 8th pick or not, they need some sort of PR victory to calm the fanbase, and selecting Tannehill is just that.

I have been on and off the fence about this for the past few weeks. Part of me wants them to finally select another first round QB instead of digging around for bargains, the other part of me says that Tannehill is only a first round QB due to need, not due to talent (not that he isn't talented). So many other needs on this team that I might be happy if Ireland trades down, grabs more picks, reinforces the o-line, and the Dolphins ride a "good enough" QB like Moore until a true franchise QB becomes available.

But the fact is if Ireland does not pick Tannehill, Dolphins fans will be under his office window with torches and pitchforks. Whether he's really worth the 8th pick or not, they need some sort of PR victory to calm the fanbase, and selecting Tannehill is just that.

I agree totally, I don't think that any of the QB's available to us at 8 are an upgrade over Moore or Garrard(if he comes back healthy and with something to prove) for the next 2 or 3 years. I say we wait and take Cusins or the tall guy(not trying to spell that one) later. Something tells me Ireland doesn't want to pick Tannehill at 8.

I hope the Scrubs do take Tannenhill...if that says anything. And the Jets go TE like usual.

And this is nauseating...

New England Patriots:

1.27-

1.31-

2.16-

2.30-

3.30-

4.31-

:doh:

I hope the Scrubs do take Tannenhill...if that says anything. And the Jets go TE like usual.

And this is nauseating...

:doh:

What was your record against "the scrubs" last year?

What was your record against "the scrubs" last year?

0-0

I'm not an NFL team

Dolphins are still Scrubs though

:lock:

I work with a Bills fan who has bought into each of those rumors at some point over the last few weeks, it's been amusing. Predicting what the Pats will do is always a fool's errand, but right now I'm hoping they draft a pass rusher (maybe McClellin) and a DB. What I actually think will happen is I'll stay up to watch pick 31 only to learn it's been traded. :wall:

Pats: Love the Hightower pick, hate the Chandler Jones pick. I think the speed and strength of the NFL is gonna eat Jones up due to his plodding/striding style.

Pats: Love the Hightower pick, hate the Chandler Jones pick. I think the speed and strength of the NFL is gonna eat Jones up due to his plodding/striding style.

Mike Mayock and Mike Lombardi--two analysts I actually respect--each said that they think Chandler Jones will end up being the best defensive player in the draft.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/4/26/2975704/2012-nfl-draft-chandler-jones-mike-mayock

I'm thinking just the opposite. Drafting Hightower forces the team into a 3-4 IMO since the Pats won't sit either Spikes or the rookie and I don't like either player on the outside. On the other hand, in my interview Sunday with The Real Sports Jam, I compared Jones somewhat favorably to Willie McGinest. I guess this means that NE sits Ninkovich or moves Jones to the 5-tech, which either means the team sits one of its top playmakers from last season or forces a natural pass rusher to play more of a traditional run-stopping position. The Jones pick gave them versatility but the Hightower pick negated it, in my opinion.

With that said, NE landed two solid players here.

I'm thinking just the opposite. Drafting Hightower forces the team into a 3-4 IMO since the Pats won't sit either Spikes or the rookie and I don't like either player on the outside. On the other hand, in my interview Sunday with The Real Sports Jam, I compared Jones somewhat favorably to Willie McGinest. I guess this means that NE sits Ninkovich or moves Jones to the 5-tech, which either means the team sits one of its top playmakers from last season or forces a natural pass rusher to play more of a traditional run-stopping position. The Jones pick gave them versatility but the Hightower pick negated it, in my opinion.

I largely agree, although the idea of using Ninkovich as a 3rd down Sam is fine by me. He had a good year last year, but I don't think anyone thinks Ninkovich's ceiling is nearly as high as Hightower's.

Now to add some depth to the secondary. I'm not really thrilled about the remaining CBs or safeties, but we'll see.

Attention Jets fans. From a UNC football fan I just want to say that none of the experts are talking about how UNC had all that NCAA trouble and coaching changes last year which put a cloud over the program. Coples was friends with a lot of guys that were unfairly dismissed from the team. His heart wasn't in it because his coach was gone and his friends were thrown under the bus. Dude is a monster and his 'taking plays off' moniker is more a sympton of the UNC football program than Coples if you ask me. To see the real Coples they should have looked at his 2010 tape where he dominated. You just go a Top 5 talent in the middle of the first round. Kudos for taking a chance.

I'm not sure the Pats are even running the base 3-4 anymore. And even if they are, it's largely irrelevant since, like most NFL defenses, they spend a good majority of their snaps in sub packages. These days, just about every NFL team's true "base defense" is the nickel package.

Both Hightower and Jones should be able to move around a bit. Hightower could possibly play some DE or OLB. Or if he's in the middle then Mayo could kick to OLB. Jones can play DE and OLB. I don't think Jones will be a five technique DE but I suppose its possible if he can add 20 pounds or so to his frame.

Attention Jets fans. From a UNC football fan I just want to say that none of the experts are talking about how UNC had all that NCAA trouble and coaching changes last year which put a cloud over the program. Coples was friends with a lot of guys that were unfairly dismissed from the team. His heart wasn't in it because his coach was gone and his friends were thrown under the bus. Dude is a monster and his 'taking plays off' moniker is more a sympton of the UNC football program than Coples if you ask me. To see the real Coples they should have looked at his 2010 tape where he dominated. You just go a Top 5 talent in the middle of the first round. Kudos for taking a chance.

thanks ksb, I liked the pick. Always nice to hear ur opinion as a unc homer

I agree with this. Way too many negatives surrounding the situation at UNC this past year to accurately gauge Coples immense talent. If anyone will be able to motivate him & coach him up, it's Rex Ryan & his staff. Not a fan of Rex Ryan the person, but as a coach, noone gets the most out of his players.

Nice addition to that defense, IMO.