Sign in to follow this  
twofewbraincell

M. Ball

He's just cleared Waivers and became a FA in my 12 team .5 PPR league. I'm pretty shocked by it. Should I drop McKinnon for him? I could also drop Harvin or Oliver.

If your thinking long-term Oliver is a drop but expect great 2 weeks... Matthews is back who knows I think at best 50-50 split. Ball is basically a playoff weapon feel its a bit early even 6-0 start is not yet a lock... Its a 5 week commitment basically and Oliver is great for these 2 weeks. So if you feel you can field a great team till then and you like Den scenarios.

I think Ball is very risky player who knows if he is even 1 depth chart... 2 bad games and he is done... or what he was doing as the sole starter. What is alarming Hillman had 24 carries vs elite rush D... had 100 yds. Ball never broke 20 carries barrier and maxed at 15 or so and had never broke 70 yds.

All four leagues I am in . He was dropped when he was hurt . He did very little before he was hurt and Hillman showed that it was the player not the system last week . So when Ball comes back I can see more of a RBBC

I have Ball in my league and thankfully we have an IR spot I can stash him and then decide once he comes back.

This is a pretty good article with a reasonable explanation for why Hillman managed to get 100 yards, that he's better suited for taking a handoff from a standstill when Peyton is in the shotgun than Ball is. So maybe Ball just isn't a good fit for the offense because he needs a full head of steam. Maybe they'll realize that when he comes back and tweak the game plan. Can't really say. I don't know that I'd give up McKinnon or Oliver for him, and Harvin was just traded to the Jets so I don't know if that makes his chances to catch passes better or worse...

http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/10/13/will-montee-ball-lose-starting-rb-spot/

As a Broncos fan, I'm not impressed with Ball. I didn't like him on draft day and he has shown no reason to like him since. He was great at finding the endzone on a run happy team in a poor Big Ten. His lack of explosiveness and elusiveness is being exposed in the NFL. He was great at Wisconsin behind a big line at bulling straight ahead and getting TD's, but in the NFL you have to be able to make people miss and he simply doesn't have the skill set to make that happen.

Leave him for some other sucker.

• Like 1