Sign in to follow this  
Saint Elistan

The Avengers

Believe it or not, this movie is not overhyped. Hands down the best Super Hero movie ever made.

Words can't really describe how much I enjoyed this movie. GO SEE IT.

I'm literally giddy going over all the possibilities for future films in the franchise.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No thanks, I'm focking sick of comic book movies and wish the whole fad would just die.

Also I think Joss Whedon kinda sucks.

The movie sounds promising.

They really need to reboot Daredevil and use him possibly in future Avenger movies. They also need to pull the plug on the new Spiderman movies with that twink from the Social Network. Nobody cares. I can't imagine the awfulness of him or Tobey Maguire in an Avengers movie. And why do you get rid of Ed Norton from the Hulk role?

The movie sounds promising.

They really need to reboot Daredevil and use him possibly in future Avenger movies. They also need to pull the plug on the new Spiderman movies with that twink from the Social Network. Nobody cares. I can't imagine the awfulness of him or Tobey Maguire in an Avengers movie. And why do you get rid of Ed Norton from the Hulk role?

The Hulk thing was purely money. They tried to negotiate with Norton, but he wanted too much. Also read that this Hulk is actually gonna be voiced by Lou Ferigno.

Superhero movies :thumbsdown: .

Fock you Hollywood, come up with an original idea you talentless hacks. How bout writing a focking STORY with like CHARACTERS and sh!t.

:thumbsdown:

Superhero movies :thumbsdown: .

Fock you Hollywood, come up with an original idea you talentless hacks. How bout writing a focking STORY with like CHARACTERS and sh!t.

:thumbsdown:

They can't since most movies lose money. The surprise blockbuster hits keep studios afloat, or they will go out of business. Movies like Clerks and Super Troopers and Paranormal Activity don't come along all that often. So, they have to bank on safe projects, like remakes, rereleases, reboots, recycling, reusing the same actors/actresses, etc. The movie industry is focked. Tons of actors are migrating to TV shows because the writing is more original and of a higher quality.

On the whole, most of these movies are interesting to me because I never read the comic books. Except for the Fantastic Four movies and X-Men 3, these movies have been entertaining.

They can't since most movies lose money. The surprise blockbuster hits keep studios afloat, or they will go out of business. Movies like Clerks and Super Troopers and Paranormal Activity don't come along all that often. So, they have to bank on safe projects, like remakes, rereleases, reboots, recycling, reusing the same actors/actresses, etc. The movie industry is focked. Tons of actors are migrating to TV shows because the writing is more original and of a higher quality.

On the whole, most of these movies are interesting to me because I never read the comic books. Except for the Fantastic Four movies and X-Men 3, these movies have been entertaining.

The movie industry focked itself. They long ago stopped making movies worth a damn. They charge way too much to see the pieces of sh!t they do make. As a result, only teenagers bother to GO to the movies anymore.

Why would I go pay $10 to sit through some shlock piece of crap superhero movie I could already tell you the ending to? Especially when I've already seen 15 of them. And this is for the privelege of sitting in a dirty teenage infested pit to watch it.

Believe it or not, this movie is not overhyped. Hands down the best Super Hero movie ever made.

I'm literally giddy going over all the possibilities for future films in the franchise.

How did you see this already?

How did you see this already?

He works in the film industry. :lol:

The movie industry focked itself. They long ago stopped making movies worth a damn. They charge way too much to see the pieces of sh!t they do make. As a result, only teenagers bother to GO to the movies anymore.

Why would I go pay $10 to sit through some shlock piece of crap superhero movie I could already tell you the ending to? Especially when I've already seen 15 of them. And this is for the privelege of sitting in a dirty teenage infested pit to watch it.

get off my lawn! :banana:

I am one of the few who can still enjoy a movie for what it is.. a focking way to get away from the real world for a couple hours.

If you expect every blockbuster to appeal to the crowd around here then forget it.. ofcourse there will be movies you dont like (honestly they are aimed at people 14-25 anyways)

anyways this is one I am actually pretty hyped to see..

you saw 3D or 2D?

Fluffer?

Seat cushions maybe. :ninja:

I have kids, so I see all of them. I'd say the studios are batting around .250 when it comes to decent superhero movies. This one looks very entertaining.

Countdown to GH running in here proclaiming that there hasn't been a decent movie made since the 1950's.

The movie industry focked itself. They long ago stopped making movies worth a damn.

Yeah. They don't make 'em like Blue Hawaii any more.

:music_guitarred:

He works in the film industry. :lol:

I like this a lot better than saying I'm the General Manager of a movie theatre. :lol:

you saw 3D or 2D?

Watched it in 3D. Decent 3D - mostly with all the holographic computers and such, but nothing that really blew me away. I feel it integrated really well. There are some movies where you know the whole movie that it's in 3D...feels gimmicky and such...but 3D felt like part of the Avengers. Not to the extent of Avatar and maybe not worth the extra money if you don't really care for 3D, but good.

Honestly, I like Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk more than I liked Norton. Hope you guys do too cause he just inked for 6 more Marvel films.

yikes. thought x-men: first class was okay but the first 3 were all water-downed and boring.

nolan has done an amazing job with batman and downey jr made the first ironman enjoyable.

the rest? superman, spiderman(s)/re-boot, multiple hulks, green lantern, daredevil, catwoman, gi joe, wolverine spinoffs, punisher(s), ghost rider(s), fantastic 4's, etc etc etc....awful.

Yeah. They don't make 'em like Blue Hawaii any more.

:music_guitarred:

They don't make em like The Godfather anymore. Or Rocky. Or Scarface. Or Gladiator. Or Shawshank. Or Forrest Gump.

All they put out is blow sh!t up shlock, and then the occasional uber artsy Oscar shlock.

A movie can have action, and still have a plot and good character development. Directors have gotten lazy and reliant upon special effects.

Anyone go to the Midnight Showing? Ours was pretty fun.

We invited a Comic Store out to show their wares. They brought an 8 foot tall inflatable hulk. They also ran a free-to-enter raffle to win a photo of Thor and Captain America signed by both Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans. Awesome.

Attendance was about the same as the Hunger Games Midnight Show and the consensus on the movie was - "Badass".

Good movie, took the family today.

People that are never happy and ###### and moan about every possible thing should go ahead and stay home. You are fuking annoying and I dont want to bump into you in public anyway.

People that are never happy and ###### and moan about every possible thing should go ahead and stay home. You are fuking annoying and I dont want to bump into you in public anyway.

You won't. I saw that movie the first 12 times they made it.

They don't make em like The Godfather anymore. Or Rocky. Or Scarface. Or Gladiator. Or Shawshank. Or Forrest Gump.

All they put out is blow sh!t up shlock, and then the occasional uber artsy Oscar shlock.

This isn't quite right. Every decade has "good" movies and "bad" movies. Our tendency is to (mis)remember certain filmmaking periods as being better because of our nostalgia for the past and because of legacy accumulated over time -- i.e. we tend to remember the "good" movies and forget the "bad" movies of each time period. For instance, you mention The Godfather, which I also agree is a really great film from the early 1970s; but there are also tons and tons of really, really sh!tty movies that Hollywood made during that time-period. Even Hollywood's "Golden Age" (circa 1930s to late 1950s) is full of some truly terrible movies that we've (fortunately) forgotten about over time, all while watching the better films from the period.

Basically, I think that in 20 years, people will be saying the same thing -- how movies in the 2010s were awesome and how nobody makes them like that anymore, etc.

:dunno:

:overhead:

Anyone go to the Midnight Showing? Ours was pretty fun.

We invited a Comic Store out to show their wares. They brought an 8 foot tall inflatable hulk. They also ran a free-to-enter raffle to win a photo of Thor and Captain America signed by both Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans. Awesome.

Attendance was about the same as the Hunger Games Midnight Show and the consensus on the movie was - "Badass".

Do you manage a theater?

I saw it tonight and thought it was a fun flick. I brought my 5 year old (after debating it a ton) and I LOVED the fact that he had fun and we could see a movie like that together.

It is not going to win any oscars, but it was a fun enough film. :doublethumbsup:

I saw it tonight and thought it was a fun flick. I brought my 5 year old (after debating it a ton) and I LOVED the fact that he had fun and we could see a movie like that together.

It is not going to win any oscars, but it was a fun enough film. :doublethumbsup:

Who won in the end? I'm on the edge of my seat!!

Damn. That doesn't even include Sunday does it?

yes, sunday is included. they estimate for a press release. actual figures are tomorrow

Lived up to the hype... No main character which I liked; loved how they portraited Hulk & Captain America and Tony Stark was on point lol!!

Ponyed up $24 bucks to see it in 3D (took gfriend) but again wasn't really worth the extra for 3D it was just next showing

A+

Went and saw it yesterday with my wife (who is not into superhero type movies) I gotta say we both loved it! great mix of action with some suttle comedy and a easy to follow story line!

went to the 3D and found it to be very well done..

all in all I would recomend it to anyone..

:doublethumbsup:

not that u ass pirates care! :banana:

Went and saw it yesterday with my wife (who is not into superhero type movies) I gotta say we both loved it! great mix of action with some suttle comedy and a easy to follow story line!

went to the 3D and found it to be very well done..

all in all I would recomend it to anyone..

:doublethumbsup:

not that u ass pirates care! :banana:

It seems that Igotworms is the only one that doesn't care.

It seems that Igotworms is the only one that doesn't care.

:wave:

I like original movies, not a rehash of the same 50 fockin' superhero movies I've already seen. :bandana:

As a result, only teenagers bother to GO to the movies anymore.

The last movie I saw in a theater was "Apollo 13" which I think was made in the mid-90's.