Sign in to follow this  
Bob Ross

It's getting to that time - pick up and stash playoff defenses. Who you got?

Happy painting everyone. Lets keep this to weeks 14-16 only. With 2 regular season weeks left, now is the time to stack D's for playoffs.

GB @ Cleveland week 14

Cleveland vs GB week 14

Cincinatti vs Chicago week 14

Both GB/CLE are intriguing choices to me for the first week of playoffs. I keep coming back to this game.

Who else are you eyeing for weeks 14 and 15?

I was able too land the Eagles a few weeks ago.

Got Baltimore fired up

Me too. I love 'em vs CLE in wk15 and IND in wk16. But OP had focused on wk14 and it's that wk14 date at Heinz field that gives me some cause for pause.

Some available defenses vs leaky offenses in my league for wk 14 are:

DEN (who hasn't been scoring that much) gets NYJ at home.

BUF (who's been scoring even less) gets IND at home

HOU (with meh scoring) gets SF at home

Some available tough defenses vs stingy offenses for wk14 are:

MIN (w meh scoring lately) travels to CAR

PHI (hot) travels to LAR (who surprisingly is 30th in points allowed to defenses)

SEA (cooling off lately n missing key pieces) travels to JAX (Bortles, right ? But only 23rd in points allowed this year)

For me, it might pay to hold off a week or two to get a clearer picture of DEF scoring and OFF yielding trends before selecting a companion DEF to carry along with BAL.

Had Philly most of the year. Dropped them for the Lions sweet schedule. Would like to pick up Philly again for this week and then ride the Lions...but probably won't happen.

I have the Jags who I'm in "ride or die" mode with...except for wk 14 in one league. I don't like that Seattle matchup at all and it's in a league where rosters lock for the playoffs. So I'm curious about the responses.

WK14 - JETS @ Broncos (Denver's offense is a sh!thole...might be a good play)

WK14 - BILLS vs Colts (it's, you know, the Colts)

Those are the ones I'm looking at specifically for that week.

• Like 1

I have the Jags who I'm in "ride or die" mode with...except for wk 14 in one league. I don't like that Seattle matchup at all and it's in a league where rosters lock for the playoffs. So I'm curious about the responses.

I'd rather ride it out with the Jags. Seems like it would be a defensive type game, low scoring.

I'd rather ride it out with the Jags. Seems like it would be a defensive type game, low scoring.

Russell Wilson scares the crap out of me. Especially fighting for a playoff spot.

I also have the jags and i looked at those 2 teams that u mentioned. First denver got a new OC now so their offense might improve, just not sure by how much. The next one buffalo, I'll stay clear with that one too coz the week b4 that, they play the pats and they always sh!t the bed after they play the Pats. What im looking right now is NE against mia, if they're available or CHI against cincy week 14.

I also have the jags and i looked at those 2 teams that u mentioned. First denver got a new OC now so their offense might improve, just not sure by how much. The next one buffalo, I'll stay clear with that one too coz the week b4 that, they play the pats and they always sh!t the bed after they play the Pats. What im looking right now is NE against mia, if they're available or CHI against cincy week 14.

That Pats def is for real. I'm done listening to FF pundits who say "Oh, start all your players against NE Def". The Pats defense rolling out right now is not the same one from the first 1/3 of the season...at all.

I'd pay a heavy price to land Baltimore. You couldn't ask for a better defense, with an easier schedule. They'll be on a lot of championship teams, because they're so over looked. They have has good chance putting up 15-20 points those weeks as some RB & WR 1's.

As i said in another thread...im a huge proponent of lining this up waaaayyy early.

Have the Bears week 16 at home vs SF

Then the Rams week 17 at home vs SF

As i said in another thread...im a huge proponent of lining this up waaaayyy early.

Have the Bears week 16 at home vs SF

Then the Rams week 17 at home vs SF

fantasy in week 17 eww

• Like 1

fantasy in week 17 eww

Ha ya...we go back and forth on this. Went back to 17 just so you play everyone in division twice, out of division once...and teams arent going undefeated anymore...so a little less resting players.

I dunno.

Have Jax but picked up Detroit mid season planning ahead to play them against Cleveland week 10. I don't plan on dropping them to keep anyone else from grabbing them for the playoffs. There may be a mtachup play in there where I start them over Jax too.

I picked up the Chargers DEF for that wk14 date with the Redskins.

Coming out of wk11, WAS was 12th in points allowed to defenses and hemorrhaged 15 to NYG last night; while the LAC DEF has been smoking lately.

New England seems to have come around on the defensive side of the ball & gets Miami in week 14. Not a bad option.

I picked up the Chargers DEF for that wk14 date with the Redskins.

Coming out of wk11, WAS was 12th in points allowed to defenses and hemorrhaged 15 to NYG last night; while the LAC DEF has been smoking lately.

Even though the skins are depleted at o-line, Cousins still seems to get it done. If their line gets healthy over the next couple weeks, that could be an interesting game.

Even though the skins are depleted at o-line, Cousins still seems to get it done. If their line gets healthy over the next couple weeks, that could be an interesting game.

I have the Vikings (at Car week 14) and was looking at the Chargers for that week. I had the same thought process as you regarding the Skins though and dont think theyre an upgrade on the Vikings.

He came pretty close to actually getting it done Thurs night in a big win over the Giants and the Skins still surrendered 15 FPs to the defense. As far as the O-line goes, C Spencer Long and LG Shawn Lauvao are both on the I.R. now and LT Trent Williams will be a game time decision tonight.

I have jags and bmore and hate both matchups this week. Gonna bid heavily on the packers@clev. Packers had 7 sacks this week vs tampa, seem to be playing well. Other options are bills v Colts and jets v Broncos but those 2 defenses seem a step down to me.

I have jags and bmore and hate both matchups this week. Gonna bid heavily on the packers@clev. Packers had 7 sacks this week vs tampa, seem to be playing well. Other options are bills v Colts and jets v Broncos but those 2 defenses seem a step down to me.

I am also considering the Packers next week but Josh Gordon could rip them apart if Kizer is slightly more accurate. It might not be as good a matchup as its been most of the year. And its in Cleveland.

I am also considering the Packers next week but Josh Gordon could rip them apart if Kizer is slightly more accurate. It might not be as good a matchup as its been most of the year. And its in Cleveland.

I did think about that. Packers are still alive for playoffs at least, I need to study their defensive personal more. They really shut down Evans and djax. Kizer has been inaccurate all yr and turned it over, we know this. Ultimately do I trust Jax to turn over Wilson or bmore with Ben more than Gb vs clev? Jax has struggled against some top offenses like the rams twice. Bmore is on road and just lost smith. I'll roll the dice, even if Gordon gets one, kizer should give a few back.

I did think about that. Packers are still alive for playoffs at least, I need to study their defensive personal more. They really shut down Evans and djax. Kizer has been inaccurate all yr and turned it over, we know this. Ultimately do I trust Jax to turn over Wilson or bmore with Ben more than Gb vs clev? Jax has struggled against some top offenses like the rams twice. Bmore is on road and just lost smith. I'll roll the dice, even if Gordon gets one, kizer should give a few back.

Is Dallas @ G-men or Bengals vs. Bears available for you? They both have good match-ups. If not, where would you rank them this week?

Is Dallas @ G-men or Bengals vs. Bears available for you? They both have good match-ups. If not, where would you rank them this week?

Dallas is available, Bengals are gone. Would put them in the same tier as gb.

detroit has nice matchups

Yeah, but they are going south fast. Did you see what Balt, a weak offense, did to them?

Bills D vs. Dolphins week 15?

good question. im debating them or

den @ ind

wash v arz

:dunno: