Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Draft Buddy 2018 - Post-Cut Down Day Updated Projections + Depth Charts

OK, we're ready to roll!

Get your Draft Buddy for 2018 here

The Draft Buddy is Excel-based fantasy football draft manager that we've offered at FFToday for the last 18 years! It allows you to create customized cheatsheets for all your leagues and keeps track of your draft on Draft Day.

-- Purchase Info --

You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase process much easier for you.

If you have any trouble logging in to purchase/download the Draft Buddy, please send us an email and we will assist you ASAP.

Early Bird Price ($14.95) will be in effect until 7/31. That's a 25% savings off the regular price. It's a no-brainer.

-- What You Get --

- Draft Buddy excel file to use for as many drafts/leagues as you want

- File/Projection updates through the start of the regular season (9/9)

- One free entry into our $2500 DB Survivor Contest.
- Product Support: Have a question or an issue with the DB? We'll take care of it.

-- DB System Requirements --

The DB program requires a full version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is that Draft Buddy is both Windows and Mac compatible, with one exception - Microsoft lost their heads a few years ago and stripped out vital code making the DB incompatible with Mac Office 2008. The good news is, the DB does work with all other versions of Mac Office, including Mac Office 2011.

-- Projection Updates --

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates will occur as needed for injuries, player movement, etc. Rest assured, we'll be on top of everything.

6/8 - Initial release
6/18 - Done
6/28 - Done
7/5 - Done
7/12 - Done
7/19 - Done
7/26 - Done
8/2 - Done
8/9 - Done

8/10 (unscheduled, Derrius Guice) - Done
8/16 - Done
8/23 - Done

8/26 (unscheduled, Marqise Lee) - Done
8/30 - Done

9/1 (unscheduled, Jerick McKinnon) - Done
9/3 - Done

Once you download the DB, you don't need to download a new copy to get the updates. Simply....

1. Open up the Draft Buddy
2. Click the "action" tab
3. Click the "Update Projections" button
4. Enjoy!

We welcome your feedback on the 2018 version of Draft Buddy in this thread but if you have specific problem or question please start a new thread and we'll be able to respond in a more timely manner. Thanks and happy drafting!

MK

We call it the 6/18 update even though we are a little early. It is 1.25 hours to Monday from where I am sitting. Regardless, projections, rankings, ADP and depth charts all updated in Draft Buddy. MK will check in later with some notes on his changes.

6/18 - Added some notes for the kickers and D/STs. :shocking: . Bumped Edelman down for his 4-game suspension and moved Andrew Luck slightly higher now that he's actually thrown a football. He'll move higher the more he shows well in practice. Carson Wentz (ACL) is in a similar boat.

On the RB front, slight moves for Jerick McKinnon, Dion Lewis, Nyheim Hines and Chris Carson.

• Like 1

6/28 update is done. I think I put 6/29 on the /download page... must be because it is late, didn't realize it slipped past midnight :sleep:

6/28 update is done. I think I put 6/29 on the /download page... must be because it is late, didn't realize it slipped past midnight :sleep:

A little slide down for Jameis Winston and his 3-game suspension (?). I took another look at the Browns passing game and made some slight adjustments to Gordon and Landry. Same for the Bucs tight ends who both got a bump.

7/5 update is ready. Not a lot going on so movement is slight. KC receiver adjustment and some tweaks to suspended players (Winston, Edelman, Aaron Jones).

Update is ready! Notes from MK: Saquon Barkley up a couple spots, McCoy down a couple spots. Slight adjustments for the ARI, PIT and DET receivers.

My 2 cents on McCoy is put him on your do not draft list until further notice. I honestly was not drafting him at all before anyway. Its the Bills. Things are grim. He did a lot with a little last year but with the loss of Tyrod I was not expecting a repeat. Now things are way up the air, he's really have to fall to even consider him. Chris Ivory a late, late consideration in the event McCoy gets suspended.

Okay, 7/19 update is ready. We added Blake Jarwin to the Cowboys depth chart. Not a lot of news (or clarity on o/s news items), but here are some projection notes from MK:

QBs: Slight movement for Dak, Trubisky, Winston
RBs: Slight movement for McKinnon, McCoy/Ivory, Royce Freeman, Cohen
WRs: Slight movement for Baldwin, Cooks, DeSean Jackson, Enunwa
TEs: Added Jarwin, slight movement for Kittle, Gathers

7/26 update is ready. I didn't get notes from MK on his projection changes, but check the U and D markings on the offense tab after updating and compiling cheatsheets. Josh Gordon is down into the 40s for WR in the default scoring. Jarvis Landry is up as a result of that. Some tweaking of the Colts TE, Larry Fitzgerald, Marcus Mariota, Cam Meredith, Kerryon Johnson.

For my part, there were two small things to fix. I didn’t even update the version number, but one of them cannot be corrected via the projections update and requires a new download. That one is the team defense position historic stats. Those had some mistakes in the initial release. Download again to get Draft Buddy with the correct team defense stats.

The other issue was some name mismatches between the adp tab and other tabs. For example, “Ronald Jones ®” showed as, “Ronald Jones III” on the adp tab. That is now fixed, and does not require you to download a new file.

Thanks to members John and Steve for highlighting these issues to me.

7/26 update is ready. I didn't get notes from MK on his projection changes, but check the U and D markings on the offense tab after updating and compiling cheatsheets. Josh Gordon is down into the 40s for WR in the default scoring. Jarvis Landry is up as a result of that. Some tweaking of the Colts TE, Larry Fitzgerald, Marcus Mariota, Cam Meredith, Kerryon Johnson.

Yep, you got it. Did some adjustments for the following players/situations...

- Browns WRs and RBs (bumped Gordon, Duke Johnson down, Landry, Chubb up, Ricardo Lewis removed)

- Andrew Luck, Lamar Jackson up a bit

- Doug Martin up

- Larry Fitzgerald, Rishard Matthews down; Corey Davis, Cameron Meredith up

- Eric Ebron, Tyler Kroft up; Tyler Eifert down

I bought the Draft Buddy. How do I access after purchasing?

Hi Jeff,

Per your email to us on 7/2, you said you were good to go. Are you still having an issue? Make sure you are logged in at FFToday then go to the Draft Buddy page and click the "Download" link.

8/2 projections update! Here are the highlights from MK:

- Andrew Luck slowly moving up
- Jets' RB adjustments for Elijah McGuire injury
- Rashaad Penny down
- Chris Thompson down. Sound like leg injury from last year could linger into the season.
- Doug Baldwin (knee) down, but still optimistic he'll be fine by Week 1.
- Jordan Matthews dropped, Kenny Britt up

I should also note here that the Early Bird Special is over :(

BUT, we have a new discount offer for returning members :)

Returning members make sure to login prior to purchase (with the same account you had Draft Buddy last year) and the price should adjust from regular price of $19.95 to $16.95, a cool $3 savings!

Thanks to all of you for your continued support of Draft Buddy!

8/9 projections, ADP and depth chart update is ready! More changes than the last few weeks thanks to training camp news...

- New England RBs (Burkhead up, Michel down)
- San Francisco WRs (Garcon down, Goodwin up)
- Tampa Bay WRs (Jackson down, Godwin up)
- Bengals WRs (LaFell removed, Ross up)
- Corey Coleman (BUF) up

Also a new kicker for Oakland. Full slate of NFL preseason games tonight!

Our first unscheduled update of the year! First cut on the impact of Derrius Guice's torn ACL. Now no one else get hurt tonight. Notes from MK:

Update for Redskins RBs and also took the opportunity to adjust the Seattle RBs a bit (Penny down, Carson up).

- Guice dropped
- Perine up
- Rob Kelley added

Redskins have quite a bit of depth at RB on the bench right now (Samaje Perine, Rob Kelley, Kapri Bibbs and Byron Marshall) and free agent signing is a possibility.

8/16 projections update is ready! Updated projections, rankings, ADP and depth charts. Just in time for Week 2 of the preseason and a big fantasy drafting weekend! May all your picks be injury free. Good luck!

Highlights for the 8/16 update...

- Slight adjustment in reception totals for Fournette and Gordon.
- Seattle RBs (Carson up, Penny down)
- Tampa RBs (Barber up, Jones down)
- San Francisco WRs (Goodwin up, Garcon down)
- DeVante Parker down
- Tennessee WRS (Matthews down, Taylor up)

WR Deon Cain and WR Carlos Henderson dropped.

Draft Buddy is updated!

Huge draft weekend on tap. Big preseason week 3 starts tonight. Updated projections, rankings, ADP and depth charts.

Highlights...

- Added Adrian Peterson - His below average production the last two years plus age (34) doesn't excite me.
- QB Sam Darnold up / Josh McCown down
- RB Christian McCaffrey up
- RB Peyton Barber up
- RB Nyheim Hines down / Jordan Wilkins up
- RB D'Onta Foreman down / Alfred Blue up
- WR Kenny Britt dropped
- WR Christian Kirk up
- TE Jack Doyle up
- TE Blake Jarwin up
- K Daniel Carlson (MIN) added

Updated 8/26 for Marqise Lee's knee injury! Bah! I was thinking he was undervalued prior to that, one of the guys on the offense tab cheatsheet who tends to still be sitting there when all the players around him are already drafted. Projected update notes from MK:

- Removed Marquise Lee (knee).
- Upgrades for other Jags WRs and RBs (Cole, Westbrook, Moncrief should be top 3 options)

Tightened up some other players after yesterday's pre-season action...

- Increased reception totals for Fournette and Yeldon
- Bumped up Adrian Peterson, Samaje Perine down
- Bumped up Andrew Luck
- Slight boost for WR James Washington and TE Eric Ebron.

8/30 update is ready! Update highlights...

Alshon Jeffery down, TE Dallas Goedert up
Sammy Watkins down,
Chris Hogan up
Slight bumps for Bilal Powell, James White and Peyton Barber
Slight bump down for Carson Wentz

Now I have to go schedule some more online drafts :banana:

... and then later kick myself because of so much in-season management time from being in too many leagues :doh:

Not good Jerick McKinnon news:

http://fftoday.com/news/index.php?Item=12620

Update is ready. McKinnon way down, Breida up and Morris up, but don't go too crazy drafting Breida and Morris.

Draft Buddy action tab > Update Projections. Good luck to those drafting tonight!

Full update for all roster cuts coming tomorrow night....

RB Jerick McKinnon - down. Will drop him out of projections once diagnosis is confirmed.
RB Matt Breida - up. Expect him to split time with Alfred Morris.
RB Alfred Morris - up. More valuable in Non-PPR leagues.
SF WRs - Slight bump for Goodwin, Garcon and Taylor.

Final* Update! Projection changes:

Dropped: RB Jerick McKinnon, WR Martavis Bryant, WR Brehsad Perriman, WR Braxton Miller, K Dan Bailey, K Eddie Pineiro

Added: TE Antonio Gates, QB Chad Kelly, Nathan Peterman, K Matt Baher

UP: Lamar Miller, Stefon Diggs, Jordy Nelson, Bruce Ellington, Jordan Cook

DOWN: AJ McCarron, D.J. Moore, Adam Shaheen, Ed Dickson

* of course if anything else major happens between now and Thursday, we will do another unscheduled update