Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

Announcement: Upgrade to Draft Buddy 2012 v.1.5

I just uploaded a new version of Draft Buddy based on a couple of small bugs found (thanks Pirates_Tide) and following up on request for the return of an old feature, the old "by pos" tab. Everyone who has already purchased can login once again to our Download Area, and download the new version 1.5. You will be able to copy over your league settings from your version 1.0 of Draft Buddy using the copy league settings feature found on the "action" tab.

Here are all of the changes that were made from v.1.0 to get to v.1.5:

• NEW - Draft report showing players picked by position
  • Fixed issue with some player select drop-downs not showing all available players
  • Fixed cap spent and cap remaining formulas for auction leagues on the summary tab
  • Adjustment to automatically switch overall ranking method for auction leagues

The return of the old by pos tab... I've called it "positions" now... is handy for post-draft analysis because it shows all players drafted by position in the order they were drafted. This is particularly useful for auction leagues so you can see how the bidding went from the start to finish of the auction.

That last point I thought would be useful, because I think a lot of people who are in auction leagues are not necessarily going to the options tab and changing the overall ranking method to a more suitable method for auction values. Not that I blame them, it is four tabs later and easy to overlook. I figured an automatic change is warranted there, and then you are still free to change the method as you see fit after you've already set your rules tab as an auction league or not.

Hey Mike, I downloaded 1.0 a few days ago and tried to download 1.5 tonight and do what you said by copying league settings and it wouldn't work for me. I did notice the 1.5 version was in read only. Tried it 3 or 4 times and it kept downloading to my machine as read only and the copy league setting gave me an error message each time I tried as well. I have the 1.0 set up and running as it should, just can't get the 1.5 version to work. Can you assist? Jeff at usnnut@yahoo.com

Also, is there an ADP for 8 team leagues? Draft buddy just shows me ADP for 10.

Hi Jeff. I'm not sure why 1.5 would be read-only, but typically the best way to handle that is to simply use Office Button > Save As > Macro-Enabled Workbook, and either save the file in a new folder or change the name. Then it should not be read-only anymore. At that point, try copying the league settings from your 1.0.

No, I don't have 8 team ADP in there. I didn't think there was enough 8 team data to be a reliable resource, so the 10 team is used as a proxy. It should still provide a pretty good guide, I would think. We could overwrite the 10 team data with 8 team data, but it would be some work formatting and updating it through the summer. Let me know if you want to do that and we can discuss how to do it.

So I got the 1.5 version to work, happy about that. The projection pal thing was very tricky and I can't figure it out. No big deal though. I have used the draft buddy as a stand alone and love it but wanted to see what the projection pal thing was all about. I noticed this on the site..."There are still some steps involved to make this process work smoothly. Please read and follow the detailed instructions included on the setup tab of Projection Pal. There are sure to still be instances where projections from the web will not import into Draft Buddy very well (if at all)". So apparently this is tricky to use and it is acknowledged by you all. Any way this can be simplified to work effectively and smoothly without all the pain to get it installed in the future? Getting another projection from say football guys and rotoworld coupled with fantasy football today and draft buddy would be awesome.

The issue is more with the way the web pages are designed and constructed across a variety of different websites, as opposed to making changes to the way Pal operates, so it is essentially out of my hands to try to make the process easier.

The other reason we put the disclaimer on it like we do is because people have a wide range of both knowledge and interest/patience working with spreadsheets. People who are comfortable working with spreadsheets, or have the patience to give it a go, should be fine. Personally, I've never come across a website where I couldn't figure out a way to get the data into Pal, and then Draft Buddy. I'm not judging people who don't have the know-how or patience. I'm just trying to help them avoid frustration if they decide to try it and run into problems.

As always, I'm here to lend a hand. If I could publish different versions of Pal with the projections already loaded in from various websites, I would, but that is not fair to the websites providing those projections. It is their intellectual property.