Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Is Benghazi Obama's Waterloo?

We are going on weeks of lies by Obama and his minions. They are being unraveled daily.

Jake Tapper owns The Carney Barker in the first daily briefing in 2 weeks. :pointstosky:

ABC‘s Jake Tapper confronted White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Wednesday about the Obama administration’s inconsistent account of the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Tapper explained that President Barack Obama initially accused GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney of “shooting first and aiming later” after he criticized an apologetic statement released by a U.S. Embassy, which falls under the Obama administration. Today, it is clear that the attack had nothing to do with any anti-Muslim YouTube video as the White House initially claimed. In fact, the State Department announced on Tuesday that there weren’t even protests outside the Libya compound before the attack.

These facts led Tapper to ask the reasonable question: “Didn’t President Obama shoot first and aim later?”

“I think your assessment about what we know now is not complete,” Carney replied.

“I’m just going by what the State Department said yesterday,” Tapper shot back.

Carney said there were protests in Cairo and other parts of the Middle East in response to the video, seemingly side-stepping the question.

“They said yesterday there was no protest,” Tapper interjected. “I’m talking about Benghazi.”

Carney said initial reports from the “intelligence community” suggested the attack may have been related to the video. He also called the situation in Libya “a moving picture.”

Watch the clip below (the interaction starts around 2:35):

If Obama has a Waterloo, it was his debate "performance" last week.

The next debate is on Foreign Policy.

You don't think all the lies about Benghazi that Obama has been caught in will play a part in that one? :lol:

The next debate is on Foreign Policy.

You don't think all the lies about Benghazi that Obama has been caught in will play a part in that one? :lol:

I doubt it. Seems like most people aren't concerned about it. Actually I hope Romney does try to play politics with the Ambassador's death; middle of the road people will not react well to that.

I doubt it. Seems like most people aren't concerned about it. Actually I hope Romney does try to play politics with the Ambassador's death; middle of the road people will not react well to that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your ignorance is cute.

The more that comes out about the ineptness of the state department and the subsequent cover-up by the administration the more people will be concerned.

Game changer?

The debate looks like the game changer. This might be the nail in the coffin.

No the main stream media is giving it very little attention.

If they had been taken hostage instead of killed then it would have been yes.

BHO is not close to being done yet.

No the main stream media is giving it very little attention.

Well to be honest, isn't the potential death of bigbird just a little more important the death of some silly ambassador and a couple of navy seals? There's got to be hundreds of ambassadors and seals. How many big birds are there ? That's right, only one. Nice to see where priorities lie puppet hater republitard!!!! :unsure:

If Obama has a Waterloo, it was his debate "performance" last week.

Wanna bet?

Wanna bet?

On what? I'm confused--are you saying that Obama's debate performance was NOT damaging to his reelection chances?? :unsure:

......and the Circus continues. :overhead:

Libya Situation Drags On

This week in the presidential campaign has been shaped by two things: Big Bird and Libya. Unfortunately for Dear Ruler, neither work in his favor. As I wrote yesterday, Big Bird is nothing more than a lame distraction from Obama’s pathetic debate performance, and it seems as though Americans agree that the focus on Big Bird is shallow, to say the least.

But then there is Libya. This issue continues to grow. Yesterday we had a hearing in Congress on the issue, as well as a White House press briefing (which we hadn’t had in over two weeks).

Let’s start with the press briefing.

Some in the ObamaMedia actually held Carney’s feet to the fire. Ed Henry of Fox News asked Carney point blank, did you mislead the American people because you didn’t want to admit that this was a terrorist attack? Of course Carney said no and that Obama called this an “act of terror” from the beginning. But if you look at Obama’s remarks on September 12th, he also had this to say:

“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.”

In other words … we reject this video about the Prophet Muhammad and it shouldn’t be used as justification for violence. This is the only indication of a motive that Obama made during his address the day after the terrorist attack in Libya (before jetting off to Las Vegas for a fundraiser).

Then two days later, on September 14th, Jay Carney himself tells reporters “We don’t have or did not have concrete evidence to suggest that this was not in reaction to the film.”

And then two days after that, we had Susan Rice get on not one, not two but five talk shows and declare that this was a spontaneous act in reaction to a video. When Ed Henry asked Jay Carney about Susan Rice, Carney resorted to blaming the media by making a comment about “clips that don’t always appear on some air” would show you that Susan Rice was referring to preliminary assessments based on preliminary information. Fine. If he wants to play it that way, we can. Would you consider ABC News a part of the ObamaMedia? Good. Me too. Here’s what Susan Rice told ABC News … hardly one that would want to edit “clips that don’t always appear on the air” in order to make Dear Ruler look bad! She said to Jake Tapper:

“In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated. We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to – or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in – in the wake of the revolution in Libya are – are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.”

This was five days after the attack … and yet now we have learned that the administration knew within 24 hours that this was a terrorist attack at the hands of al Qaeda. Did Susan Rice just miss the memo, or was she deliberately told what message she would impart to the American people?

Then speaking of Jake Tapper, he had a pretty good line for Jay Carney yesterday. He said that Obama on “60 Minutes” said that Romney has tendency to shoot first and aim later, but given the fact that so much was made on the video ... didn’t Obama shoot first and aim later? Carney’s response was simply that Tapper’s “assessment was not complete.” Yeah, right.

Then we had the hearing yesterday in the House Oversight Committee. We learned a few interesting things.

First was testimony from Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wood who told the committee that al Qaeda’s presence in Libya has grown every day since the United States became involved and that “they are certainly more established than we are.”

Then we had Democrats Elijah Cummings and Eleanor Holmes-Norton using the forum to attack Republicans for the budget cuts, which they claim led to the lack of security for Chris Stevens and his team in Benghazi. Unfortunately for them, State Department official Charlene Lamb testified that budget cuts had nothing to do with security decisions in Benghazi. Oops, so much for the “blame Republicans” narrative. Oh and the Daily Caller then points out that these security funding cuts received “overwhelming support from House Democrats, including House Oversight Committee Ranking Democratic member Rep. Elijah Cummings. In fact, more House Democrats – 149 of them — voted for the cuts than did House Republicans, of which 147 voted for them.”

So what is really going on here? What’s happening is that the Obama administration and his campaign propagandists have worked for years now to paint the picture of Obama being the ultimate destroyer of al Qaeda. He “got bin Laden” and his drones strikes have been immensely successful and his policies of “hope” have inspired millions of Muslims to seek democracy in their regions. The Obama administration has been trying to hammer this home for a while. I have a few examples to show you what I mean.

Sep 30, 2011: In the first White House reaction to the killing of radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, President Obama said this morning that his death “is a major blow to al Qaeda’s most active operational affiliate … Make no mistake, this is further proof that al Qaeda and its affiliates will find no safe haven anywhere in the world,” Obama said of the news that Awlaki was killed in Yemen overnight.

January 19th, 2012: “… what is fair to say is that the counterterrorism strategy as applied to al Qaeda has been extremely successful. The job is not finished, but there’s no doubt that we have severely degraded al Qaeda’s capacity.”

May 1, 2012 (the one year anniversary of the death of Osama bin Laden): "The goal that I set - to defeat al Qaeda, and deny it a chance to rebuild - is within our reach."

But I’ll take you back to Colonel Wood’s testimony yesterday:

KUCINICH: “Is Al Qaeda more or less established in Libya since our involvement?”

WOOD: “Yes, sir their presence grows every day, they are certainly more established than we are.”

In other words, this is exactly the opposite message the Obama administration has been trying to push. If this is the case in Libya, what about al Qaeda’s presence in other parts of the region? This calls into question Obama’s “success” in the Middle East and on his ability to handle foreign relations … a blow to his image right before the election.

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/oct/11/libya-situation-drags/

I'm perdicting this issue doesn't have much traction.

I agree, the lies already told must be the only lies and therefore that's the end of it. At least that is the press' approach to it.

I agree, the lies already told must be the only lies and therefore that's the end of it. At least that is the press' approach to it.

1. The story is what? A month old now? Everyone except partisan Republicans has moved on.

2. The public isn't surprised or particularly outraged at these attacks when they occur oversees. Over the past ten years this kind of thing has lost its capacity to shock.

3. The public isn't surprised or outraged when the White House creatively spins these kinds of events, either.

4. The public generally isn't going to blame the White House for attacks that occur overseas.

5. The GOP's main bone of contention - that Obummer isn't necessarily responsible for the attacks but may have lied about why they happened - isn't really conducive to a sound bite.

Overall this is just the right wing hyperventilating and trying to drum up something. Nobody other than partisan Republicans gives a sh1t.

You're welcome to keep trying though. :dunno:

Why is Fox News the only News Media that got this right? I thought Fox News lies.

And they call it it faux news :doublethumbsup:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/10/01/cnn-exposed-emmy-winning-former-cnn-journalist-amber-lyon-blows-the-whistle-simultaneously-answers-one-of-my-questions/

Perhaps this one of the most important discussion threads ever regarding Legacy Media manipulation. We sincerely hope you will take the time to digest the content, think about the ramifications to what is here, and then share the information with others.

This is not a matter of opinion, the CNN stories are documented, attributed and cited. They are factual. Everything is verifiable within the embedded links and citations.

Believe it or not, just creating this discussion thread is risky. We are unable to expand.

Before getting to the CNN Amber Lyon expose’ (which is incredible and troubling) let’s first back up a moment and take you back to a previous video we shared surrounding recent events.

In this first video from Canada the topic is the Libyan US Consulate Bombing and the US Egyptian Embassy being overrun. While the topic of Egypt is a ‘component’ of the issue, it is not our central concern.

The central issue is Media Controlled by The Obama Administration, and more specifically CNN – as a VERIFIED tool for propaganda and disinformation.

Within this Canadian video report you will find footage of a CNN story on Egypt and Mohammed Al Zawahiri. It was produced by well-known CNN Journalist Nick Robertson. The entire video is excellent, but the pertinent aspect is at the 1:30 mark.

In the previous thread I asked two central questions. The Second Question was:

Why would CNN [or CNNi] refuse to air the Nick Robertson report with Muhammed Al Zawahiri (brother of Ayman Al Zawahiri) that clearly shows the Egyptian uprising was 100% in response to his call for protests for release of the Blind sheik on 9-11.? Why would the “most trusted name in news“, hide the report showing the truth, and instead allow the false narrative to be sold, by them, to the American electorate?

Amber Lyon provides the answer(s).

CNN never aired the Nick Robertson report in Egypt because it completely contradicted President Obama and Hillary Clinton’s assertions. In short, the Robertson report, if aired, would have proved Obama and Clinton were lying.

The Nick Robertson CNN report was filmed on 9/9 and, by coincidence, it would have aired at the exact moment Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama began attributing the Egyptian embassy protest to a “U-Tube Video”.

CNN’s refusal to air the real reasoning for the Egyptian Embassy protest turned assault was intentional protection of President Obama, specifically orchestrated by the CNN News group, at the behest of the White House. Specific, intentional, lying.

Apparently they have a history of this no-one knew about. UNTIL NOW.

Amber Lyon is an award-winning journalist who worked for CNN.

She says she was ordered to report fake stories, delete unfriendly stories adverse to the Obama administration (like the Nick Robertson report), and construct stories in specific manners while working for the left-wing network.

CNN is paid by foreign and domestic Government agencies for specific content.

Let me repeat that.

CNN is paid by the US government for reporting on some events, and not reporting on others. The Obama Administration pays CNN for content control.

Let that sink in.

Additionally CNN and CNN International are also paid by foreign governments to avoid stories that are damaging, and construct narratives that show them in a better, albeit false, light.

Amber Lyon is a three-time Emmy winning investigative journalist and photographer. She accuses CNN of being “fake news.”

Back in March 2011, CNN sent a four person team to Bahrain to cover the Arab Spring. Once there, the crew was the subject of extreme intimidation amongst other things, but they were able to record some fantastic footage. As Glenn Greenwald of the UK’s Guardian writes in his blockbuster article from September 4th 2012:

“In the segment, Lyon interviewed activists as they explicitly described their torture at the hands of government forces, while family members recounted their relatives’ abrupt disappearances. She spoke with government officials justifying the imprisonment of activists. And the segment featured harrowing video footage of regime forces shooting unarmed demonstrators, along with the mass arrests of peaceful protesters. In sum, the early 2011 CNN segment on Bahrain presented one of the starkest reports to date of the brutal repression embraced by the US-backed regime.

Despite these accolades, and despite the dangers their own journalists and their sources endured to produce it, CNN International (CNNi) never broadcast the documentary. Even in the face of numerous inquiries and complaints from their own employees inside CNN, it continued to refuse to broadcast the program or even provide any explanation for the decision. To date, this documentary has never aired on CNNi.

I'm sure Romney won't bring it up in the next debate that covers Foreign policy. :lol:

I'm sure he will too. I just don't see anyone other than partisan Republicans giving a sh1t.

I'm sure he will too. I just don't see anyone other than partisan Republicans giving a sh1t.

I would have to agree with you that Dems don't care that repeated requests for increased security was ignored by this administration, resulting in multiple deaths.

I would have to agree with you that Dems don't care that repeated requests for increased security was ignored by this administration, resulting in multiple deaths.

Since Republicans didn't care that Bush let 9/11 happen and lied us into Iraq we can call it a wash. :music_guitarred:

:lol: Four people died because our administration is inept and only partisan Republicans care.

I am not a Republican and I care, this is much more severe than Watergate.

Check out the latest polls, 70% of Americans care.

:lol: Four people died because our administration is inept and only partisan Republicans care.

I am not a Republican and I care, this is much more severe than Watergate.

Check out the latest polls, 70% of Americans care.

I didn't say Americans don't care about the attacks. I said they're not likely to blame Obummer for it.

(CNN) – Americans who were closely following developments in last week's attacks on American diplomatic posts in Egypt and Libya were more likely to favorably rate President Barack Obama's handling of the dilemma than they were Mitt Romney's, according to a poll released Monday.

The survey from the Pew Research Center found 45% of Americans who said they were closely following the news approved of Obama's handling of the situation, compared to 26% who approved of Romney's statements. Conversely, 36% disapproved of Obama's handling of the situation, and 48% disapproved of Romney's response. Nineteen percent didn't have an opinion on Obama, and 26% couldn't rate Romney.

Keep trying I guess? :dunno:

I didn't say Americans don't care about the attacks. I said they're not likely to blame Obummer for it.

(CNN) – Americans who were closely following developments in last week's attacks on American diplomatic posts in Egypt and Libya were more likely to favorably rate President Barack Obama's handling of the dilemma than they were Mitt Romney's, according to a poll released Monday.

The survey from the Pew Research Center found 45% of Americans who said they were closely following the news approved of Obama's handling of the situation, compared to 26% who approved of Romney's statements. Conversely, 36% disapproved of Obama's handling of the situation, and 48% disapproved of Romney's response. Nineteen percent didn't have an opinion on Obama, and 26% couldn't rate Romney.

Keep trying I guess? :dunno:

A lot of facts have come out since the poll you cite.

Nice try. :doh:

A lot of facts have come out since the poll you cite.

Nice try. :doh:

Did I miss you or Phur citing a poll? :overhead:

Dunno.

You miss 90% of what you try to keep up with.

That doesn't change the fact the poll you cite, with no link, is outdated. :pointstosky:

1. The story is what? A month old now? Everyone except partisan Republicans has moved on.

2. The public isn't surprised or particularly outraged at these attacks when they occur oversees. Over the past ten years this kind of thing has lost its capacity to shock.

3. The public isn't surprised or outraged when the White House creatively spins these kinds of events, either.

4. The public generally isn't going to blame the White House for attacks that occur overseas.

5. The GOP's main bone of contention - that Obummer isn't necessarily responsible for the attacks but may have lied about why they happened - isn't really conducive to a sound bite.

Overall this is just the right wing hyperventilating and trying to drum up something. Nobody other than partisan Republicans gives a sh1t.

You're welcome to keep trying though. :dunno:

Completely disagree that it is partisan Republicans keeping it alive. What the real story is left wing partisan Democrats like yourself trying to sweep the lies and incompetence under the rug.

People really didn't care too much that the guy died risk of the job. They care that their president lied and distorted what happened to gain political points in an election year.

:overhead: You are so stupid you think Viet Nam vets are in their 70s. Do the math Moron and put that double digit IQ to work. :overhead:

:overhead: You are so stupid you think Viet Nam vets are in their 70s. Do the math Moron and put that double digit IQ to work. :overhead:

You are so stupid that you think anybody here believes you're a vet and your fatassed pig wife was a teacher. :lol:

Get your lies straight, loser. :overhead:

Completely disagree that it is partisan Republicans keeping it alive. What the real story is left wing partisan Democrats like yourself trying to sweep the lies and incompetence under the rug.

People really didn't care too much that the guy died risk of the job. They care that their president lied and distorted what happened to gain political points in an election year.

I'm a registered Republican and if I have any left-wing positions go ahead and name them, otherwise I'll just assume you're just lying. :thumbsup:

I'm a fairly high information voter in that I read the news every day, follow the election and frequent a few blogs / sites that are mostly about politics. I barely see any talk of this stuff except for the hyperventilating here.

:dunno:

You are so stupid that you think anybody here believes you're a vet and your fatassed pig wife was a teacher. :lol:

Get your lies straight, loser. :overhead:

So you did the math and feel like a fool. :overhead: That is a pathetic comeback.

I'm a registered Republican and if I have any left-wing positions go ahead and name them, otherwise I'll just assume you're just lying. :thumbsup:

I'm a fairly high information voter in that I read the news every day, follow the election and frequent a few blogs / sites that are mostly about politics. I barely see any talk of this stuff except for the hyperventilating here.

:dunno:

:overhead: and you are still dumb as a box of rocks. :overhead:

Where did you learn that Viet Nam vets are all in their 70s? Keep up the excellent research. :thumbsup: