Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Roger Goodell has the authority to reverse the result of the NFC Championship

Consider Rule 17, Section 2, Article 3: “The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include . . . the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.”

Basically, the Commissioner has the power to turn back time to the spot of the penalty that wasn’t called, put the teams back on the field from that point in the game, give the Saints first and goal at the spot of the foul, put 1:49 on the clock, and let the game proceed, tied at 20, with the Rams having one time out left.

If any commish had the yambag to do it, Goodell is your man.

Because of the nitwits blowing whistles in the stands, the Saints cheated the entire game anyway and deserve to lose anyway.

Right team won

If any commish had the yambag to do it, Goodell is your man.

Because of the nitwits blowing whistles in the stands, the Saints cheated the entire game anyway and deserve to lose anyway.

Right team won

I thought I heard whistles during that game, but I thought I was losing my mind. Did that really happen?

I don't see that rule ever being used

if not for that embarrassment of a non-call debacle, when?

• Like 1

They can never do that just because of Vegas. You pay all the people betting on the Rams and they are gone. Then the Saints overcome the spread and they have to pay the people betting on the Saints. If the NFL wants to stop gambling on their sport this would do it. .

They can never do that just because of Vegas. You pay all the people betting on the Rams and they are gone. Then the Saints overcome the spread and they have to pay the people betting on the Saints. If the NFL wants to stop gambling on their sport this would do it. .

Drew Brees sucked yesterday. He was really really bad

There were a ton of other fans blowing real whistles. They even showed one on camera during the game

I'd like to see Goodell do this.

Not because I think it should be done....but because it would be the most entertaining sports story of our lifetimes.

And I'd like to see Goodell wait about 10 days before deciding to do it.

The only way I see a commissioner invoking the power to reverse the result of a game is if a team very obviously cheated, admitted to it and bragged about it. THAT would force their hand because the integrity of the league is at stake. Or maybe some Black Sox scandal. I don't ever see it being used due to a bad call.

• Like 1

Why focus on just one bad call or no call. Pull out the film and let's go back and check every hold that wasn't called. Every bump past 5 yards downfield. It's always the latest call or non call in the game that gets the focus the next day. Nearly every play in the NFL has something that can be scrutinized. It's part of the game. Like it or not.

I'd like to see Goodell do this.

Not because I think it should be done....but because it would be the most entertaining sports story of our lifetimes.

And I'd like to see Goodell wait about 10 days before deciding to do it.

Like when nitwits wanted Goodell to remove the Patriots from the Super Bowl and send the Colts re: deflategate :lol:

The only way I see a commissioner invoking the power to reverse the result of a game is if a team very obviously cheated, admitted to it and bragged about it. THAT would force their hand because the integrity of the league is at stake. Or maybe some Black Sox scandal. I don't ever see it being used due to a bad call.

Agreed. Not to mention the precedent it would set, the logistical problems, the Vegas problems somebody mentioned. I can't imagine it happening except for...

Like when nitwits wanted Goodell to remove the Patriots from the Super Bowl and send the Colts re: deflategate :lol:

... questions about the integrity of the game. I don't think that Tom's liking limp footballs for his girly hands is sufficient, but I can see a more egregious offense like riversco alluded to. :thumbsup:

imagine if the rams lost and the libtards in California found out about this

Dude-you need to take a breath and relax with the politics.

Anyone wanna tell me why Payton decided to throw 2 times during that last drive???

The call was bad...but when he did that and didn't try to run out the clock I was praying they'd lose. My prayers were answered

Anyone wanna tell me why Payton decided to throw 2 times during that last drive???

The call was bad...but when he did that and didn't try to run out the clock I was praying they'd lose. My prayers were answered

Why did Brees alligator arm the throw to Thomas? he's to blame, he played bad

imagine if the rams lost and the libtards in California found out about this

They would be screaming for more illegals to be let into the country.

Let's remember that the Rams and the NFL have gambled big time on that boondoggle of a stadium. They need to sell tickets.

• Like 1

The aints should have made a stop on defense.

The aints should have made a stop on defense.

They should have also not passed on two straight downs at the end of the game when the Rams only had 2 time outs left. Whether that was Brees or Payton, those were bad calls.

They should have also not passed on two straight downs at the end of the game when the Rams only had 2 time outs left. Whether that was Brees or Payton, those were bad calls.

Clueless observeration.

Don't understand the replay rules well enough. I saw the other day where they're considering expanding replay for pass interference. crap, at this point, I thought they pretty well expanded instant replay for everything. And why the hell not?

You can't nitpick every play. Which is why they've got both review in New York and actual humans being making decisions on the field. But on something that egregious? With the stakes that high?

No brainier.

The Saints lost because they couldn't run the ball and the Rams used the same game plan as the Cowboys did. Was a great game. The non call was bad. Really bad. But that's the game.

As far as fans blowing whistles.....That's retarded. Really? That's the NFL today. Blame everyone else besides us for getting it wrong.

Clueless observeration.

Sounds like you have them a lot. Good you can admit though.

Also sounds like you know nothing about football.

Also, I am impressed with the way the Rams handled that environment. It was nasty. Go Rams.;

Sounds like you have them a lot. Good you can admit though.

Also sounds like you know nothing about football.

You ever been to aSaints playoff game? Doubt it.

You ever been to aSaints playoff game? Doubt it.

The act of attending a particular football game does not define a person as football intelligent. The Saints made two terrible calls towards the end of that game by passing and not running the clock and not forcing the Rams to take time outs. It cost them the game.

I am with Saints nation. REPLAY THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP!

If I am running anything in the NFL, I am imposing the harshest fines possible for whistles and other stupid drunken fan antics. They are so damn rich, how much would it cost the NFL to make sure no one gets away with anything stupid? It would be worth the price to me