• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jgilkey513

jgilkey513

FF Geek

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

After squeaking my way into the playoffs having my number one pick sit almost the entire year including the last week of the regular season, I'm praying to God he finally pays off with a big-time run in the playoffs. Will he get 30 carries and 20 catches or injure his pinky finger and be out the rest of the season?

#2 jrokh

jrokh

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:37 PM

tough matchup tonight at Titans, but he should get the ball 25 times. All you can ask for.

#3 xxxdog

xxxdog

FF Geek

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

tough matchup tonight at Titans, but he should get the ball 25 times. All you can ask for.

Titans in the last 2 -weeks could not stop Jets Crowell 98-rushing yards and Texans Miller-162-yards...Fournette is better than either of these backs, Titans will need to improve on stopping the run tonight or Fournette will have a solid night..

#4 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

He looked pretty angry the last time he was on the field

#5 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

Angry enough to keep getting stuffed at the line.

#6 R8RMick

R8RMick

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:49 PM

Jags have bad injuries to the offensive line with three starters on IR, and high school level quarterback play. Not optimal for a running back.
"The floggings will continue until morale improves..."

#7 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:03 PM

Angry enough to keep getting stuffed at the line.

I expect him to punch his way through at some point.

#8 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:12 PM

I expect him to punch his way through at some point.

Yikes....

Waited all year for this d bag to get healthy. Great time to lay an egg, for crying out loud.

I feel my football knowledge is vastly superior to my opponents. I also am just in general, a smarter person. These two things should allow me a huge advantage. But I've yet to be truly dominant.

#9 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:13 PM

Stuffed on 4th down.

#10 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:04 PM

Phantom holding calls are killing him!

I feel my football knowledge is vastly superior to my opponents. I also am just in general, a smarter person. These two things should allow me a huge advantage. But I've yet to be truly dominant.

#11 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:05 PM

Phantom holding calls are killing him!

He is angrier now for sure.

#12 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:07 PM

He is angrier now for sure.

So am I.

Ridiculous.

#13 rrmcguire

rrmcguire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

Hopefully he still plays now being down this much

QB Roethlisberger
RB Hunt, K Johnson, A Jones, Duke Johnson, Spencer Ware
WR Hopkins, Tyreek, Fitzgerald, J Brown
TE Vance McDonald

#14 potts17

potts17

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:20 PM

I started Fournette and Henry is on my bench. First week of playoffs. FU!
"May you choke down a dozen Sham Wows, try to take a dump, and watch your colon explode" Phillybear 1/3/2009

#15 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:20 PM

I started Fournette and Henry is on my bench. First week of playoffs. FU!

Ouch....

#16 rrmcguire

rrmcguire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

Jags line is so bad..

QB Roethlisberger
RB Hunt, K Johnson, A Jones, Duke Johnson, Spencer Ware
WR Hopkins, Tyreek, Fitzgerald, J Brown
TE Vance McDonald

#17 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Why dump it off to their best player (Fornette), like they have done the last 3 times they he has played?

#18 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

Hopefully he still plays now being down this much

Nope....not even in on that last drive.

2.5 points from a first-rounder in the playoffs.

#19 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:55 PM

Why dump it off to their best player (Fornette), like they have done the last 3 times they he has played?

Apparently, Cody is not a dumpoff-type QB....lol.

#20 The Bard

The Bard

FF Geek

• Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:01 PM

You should have played Henry.
What were you thinking?
Newb

#21 LaChup

LaChup

FF Geek

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:15 PM

Will someone tell Kessler he doesn't have any receivers in the stands? Thanks! :doublethumbsup:

#22 Crystal Meth Tweekers

Crystal Meth Tweekers

FF Geek

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:07 AM

You should have played Henry.
What were you thinking?
Newb

Why would you start Henry? He is still a lousy RB. He starts slow. The Jags blew it by not tackling low. Once he gets up a head of steam he is hard to bring down. Look at his point totals every week before this, He is a RB4 who you start in a emergency. 

#23 eagles115

eagles115

FF Geek

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:07 AM

Why would you start Henry? He is still a lousy RB. He starts slow. The Jags blew it by not tackling low. Once he gets up a head of steam he is hard to bring down. Look at his point totals every week before this, He is a RB4 who you start in a emergency. 

Henry needs the ball to be effective. Signing Dion Lewis was and is a joke.... Vrabel was committing to lewis as a full time back and he sucks. Henry showed you tonight why he needs the ball. Plain n simple

#24 jgcrawfish

jgcrawfish

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,253 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:10 AM

Henry needs the ball to be effective. Signing Dion Lewis was and is a joke.... Vrabel was committing to lewis as a full time back and he sucks. Henry showed you tonight why he needs the ball. Plain n simple

I will be attempting to get Henry next week (win or lose) just in case you are right.  

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#25 eagles115

eagles115

FF Geek

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:14 AM

I will be attempting to get Henry next week (win or lose) just in case you are right.  

Its the reason he was drafted so high by many of us. Didnt he avg 6.0 ypc last year or something insane like that. Giants def is the perfect matchup next week. No collins, 24th rank rush def. Could be another stellar performance.

#26 weepaws

weepaws

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,732 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:50 PM

Looks like Henry has a history of being a ff deceiver.

Just look at his stats and how his ff number seem to be better near the end of a season.

Which of course rises the bar for the next season.

He wasn’t even avg more then 3.5 yards per att before last night.

And the Jags they simply gave up.

I didn’t see anything that makes me think he’s even worth more then a rb4 going into next season.

But he might be a rb2-3 going forward this season based on his late season history.

Thanks.

For bodily exercise profit little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
Amen.
1 Timothy 4:8.
Godswillbedone Revelation 20:15. And who so ever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
All ways lead to God, everyone one will be judged and then sentence, but there is only one way to Heaven and thats though Jesus Christ Lord and Savior. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost Romans 15:13

Isaiah 12:2. Luke 14:23. Daniel 4:37. 2 Kings 17:39. Nahum 1:7. 1 Timothy 6:18-19. Psalm 9:7&8.
Psalm 34:18. Ezra 8:22. 2 Corinthians 1:3. Ezekiel 36:26. Matthew 7:24-25. Proverbs 28:21&27. 1 Peter 3.
1 John 3:16. Lamentations 3:25. Proverbs 10:27. Ephesians 6:13 Ezekiel 18:21-22. 2 Corinthians 10:5
Proverbs 15:29. Proverbs 18:12. 1 John 2:1-2. Ephesians 6:19. 2 Timothy 2:3-4. 1 Peter 4:14
Proverbs 23:12. Psalm 121:7-8. Ephesians 1:7. Deuteronomy 28:11-13. Romans 10:10. Romans 8:31
2 Peter 3:9. Isaiah 5:21. Proverbs 11:2. Matthews 5:16. Romans 12:14. James 1:8.
Psalm 58:11. Ezekiel 33:11-13. Hosea 14:9. Psalm 100:4. Romans 14:9. 2 Chronicles 32:8.
John 3:3-7. Philippians 2:11. Titus 2:11-14. Ephesians 4:2. Romans 11:33. Proverbs 12:1&26.
1 Timothy 1:15. Psalm 119:6. Proverbs 22:4. Psalm 46:1. Romans 12:17-21. 2 Chronicles 34&35.

#27 Smileseers

Smileseers

FF Geek

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

Looks like Henry has a history of being a ff deceiver.

Just look at his stats and how his ff number seem to be better near the end of a season.

Which of course rises the bar for the next season.

He wasn’t even avg more then 3.5 yards per att before last night.

And the Jags they simply gave up.

I didn’t see anything that makes me think he’s even worth more then a rb4 going into next season.

But he might be a rb2-3 going forward this season based on his late season history.

Thanks.

For bodily exercise profit little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
Amen.
1 Timothy 4:8.

Good points.  Henry's late season history was recognized by coaching staff.  Vrabell learned how the Patriots used RBs throughout a season.  How was Lewis used early/late season?

Favorable matchups vs the Giants and Redskins weeks 15, 16.  Certainly last night will provide a nice uptick in snaps and opportunities.  

I like to start a WR in my flex, but Henry would be good insurance to many playoff fantasy teams as a serviceable RB2 going forward.

Every human on this planet has one thing in common.  We all have a soul.  A soul does not have any pigmentation of color, class of wealth, gender, nor a religion.  

Amen.

Thanks

STEELERS

#28 MikeK

MikeK

FF Geek

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:22 AM

If I survive to the second round (gonna be tough with that Fournette performance on Thursday and I'm playing Brees AND Gurley this week), I'm honestly considering benching Lenny in favor of one of my other backs (Cook, Ware, Jackson if Gordon is still out). And that sucks considering I'm talking about my first round draft pick.

Week 14 - 1ST ROUND PLAYOFFS! -- 12 team -- 0.5 PPR league -- 3rd place (8-5 regular season)

**QBs: Newton (bench: L. Jackson)

** RBs: Fournette / Chubb (bench: Ware)
** WRs: Cooks / JuJu / Diggs (bench: Godwin / Pettis)

** TE: Brate 
** FLEX: Cook
** K: Tucker
** DEF: JAX (bench: DET)

#29 Patriotica

Patriotica

FF Geek

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

Oh man...my opponent had Fournette AND Josh Lambo. A total of 4 points!!!

If you're reading this I'm probably with your girlfriend.

#30 joeshushu

joeshushu

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

I agree with a lot of Henrys analysis here. I think he had about 85 points in PPR up to Thursday nights game. Then he gets 47 in one game pads hes stats at the end of the year and we look at him as a rb2 the next season.

#31 oldtimer

oldtimer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

I must have missed people saying he was a RB2.  I got him as a serviceable RB3.  He has talent, but needs 20 carries a game for it to come out.  His YPC was the same as Lewis' before the game on Thursday.  I point that out because the TN line has been injury laden this season and nobody was going to do much until they were mostly healthy.  I'm not sure why there is any Henry hate in here.  He is what he is, a guy that you use to cover bye weeks and injuries.  He always has the potential to go off, but that potential will lose you more games that it wins.  That Lewis signing was a joke.  The Titans didn't need Lewis, they needed a veteran QB who could teach MM how to play the game.