Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

The ***Official*** NBA Draft 2018

Dallas just drafted Dennis Smith, Jr. - his rookie year was phenomenal.

I don't see any way Trae Young is picked by Cubes........ it will either be Bamba or Potter, Jr.

Luka

I have to admit, don't really know much about Doncic.

But we're dealing out 5th AND a future 1st for him - what's his story, what does he bring to the table?

But we're dealing out 5th AND a future 1st for him - what's his story, what does he bring to the table?

He’s a stud. Google him. He has size, is athletic, his dad was a basketball stud in Europe.

• Like 1

Dude. Homerun. 19 year old best player in Europe and best product ever out of Europe. Hes the prodigy. 68 230 straight baller. As good a passer as scorer.

Also his mom is hot.

• Like 1

Dude. Homerun. 19 year old best player in Europe and best product ever out of Europe. Hes the prodigy. 68 230 straight baller. As good a passer as scorer.

Also his mom is hot.

This. Compared to the other stiffs drafted so far...great to acquire.

Jared Jackson is about to be the highest paid G league player in the league.

Don't see it.

Also, Doncic, very skilled but, he looks slow to me. Should be interesting.

I wont claim to have seen him beyond lots of highlights, but Ive read player comps of James Harden, Manu Ginobli, Brandon Roy, and Ben Simmons.

Ill take any of them and call it a win

• Like 1

Hornets BETTER take Porter.

Mid Market teams MUST take risks on high ceiling players. Its a no brainer dammit.

76ers should have taken Porter. That was the dynasty move if it pays off.

There is a lot of concern about his back.

76ers should have taken Porter. That was the dynasty move if it pays off.

Bridges does fit a need for Philly though. 3 and D guy. It was the safe pick.

There is a lot of concern about his back.

Agreed, why hes slipping. BUT, six months ago he was the #2 prospect. For a team like Charlotte its worth the risk. Ill be crushed.

Bridges does fit a need for Philly though. 3 and D guy. It was the safe pick.

I get it. Love Bridges. Its safe. They get better......But if Porter is healthy, thats the move that potentially shifts the leagues power.

It went from bad to worse. OMG

They made a trade to drop down one spot and the Hornets got who they want. They picked up two 2nd round picks.

Sixers just reversed Karma themselves.

They drafted the perfect 3 and D player, from Villanova...whos mom works for the 76ers. Feel good story of the draft. Perfect. Mom is crying...Bridges is fired up ready to run through a wall for Philly.

Then they trade him.

Reverse Karma focked. Embid gets hurt, LeBron goes elsewhere, Simmons leaves after rookie deal. Its over Philly.

Sixers just reversed Karma themselves.

They drafted the perfect 3 and D player, from Villanova...whos mom works for the 76ers. Feel good story of the draft. Perfect. Mom is crying...Bridges is fired up ready to run through a wall for Philly.

Then they trade him.

Reverse Karma focked. Embid gets hurt, LeBron goes elsewhere, Simmons leaves after rookie deal. Its over Philly.

While I agree....

Imagine being 19, out on your own with millions, ready to live it up.....only to learn you had to go to work with your mom every day. That would suck.

While I agree....

Imagine being 19, out on your own with millions, ready to live it up.....only to learn you had to go to work with your mom every day. That would suck.

Well when you put it that way.

Also, Dallas is now my 3rd favorite team. Dennis Smith is from N.C. Barnes played at UNC. And I have a man crush on Luka, hes the Euro-Lebron.

Celtics just killed it. Robert Williams is a BEAST. Danny Ainge is Neo in the Matrix. Perfect fit.

Mavs just took a PG in the 2nd, huh? :huh:

Its the 2nd round. You take the best player available and you are thrilled if he becomes your 12th man.

Probably, but something about Cuban seeing some Steph Curry in Trae Young has me thinking he'll gamble.

There's gonna be things that happen that surprise people, always are, and this year seem ripe.

So Trae does go top 5 but to Atlanta...baffling from them imo, they only have guards.

I didnt love the Sixers draft.

Zhaire Smith is probably the best athlete in the draft - guy is 64 and looks like hes going to hit his head on the run when he dunks. But Philly needs a wing fat more than they need another guard who cant shoot. Passing on Robert Williams in the late 1st was also a blunder.

I have to assume theyre amassing picks for a trade so I will hold off on judging too harshly til then, but this looks like a C draft to me.

Its the 2nd round. You take the best player available and you are thrilled if he becomes your 12th man.

Yea, but don't we have like 42 guards already? If this is the philosophy (which I get), why not take that chance on a Big that we desperately need?

I dont think anyone wants or needs a 12th Man. :unsure:

Zhaire Smith is probably the best athlete in the draft - guy is 64 and looks like hes going to hit his head on the run when he dunks. But Philly needs a wing fat more than they need another guard who cant shoot. Passing on Robert Williams in the late 1st was also a blunder.

I have to assume theyre amassing picks for a trade so I will hold off on judging too harshly til then, but this looks like a C draft to me.

Agreed. They could have had Bridges and Robert Williams. Resign JJ Redick and you dont need LeBron to challenge in the EAST.

C at best

Funny, I just read this and immediately after heard Ryan McDonough (Suns GM) describe what happened. Sixers drafted Bridges at 10 with the intention of keeping him; Suns asked to trade in at the time and they weren't interested. But apparently they liked Smith || close. Suns told them they wanted Bridges and if their guy was their at 16 let them know. So the Sixers called when the Suns were on the clock.

Apparently Ayton is a big fan of Bridges. And Bridges certainly performed, particularly in the final. But Bridges is a 2-3 sorta player and the Suns already have Devin Booker and Josh Jackson. Guess we'll see. :dunno:

Funny, I just read this and immediately after heard Ryan McDonough (Suns GM) describe what happened. Sixers drafted Bridges at 10 with the intention of keeping him; Suns asked to trade in at the time and they weren't interested. But apparently they liked Smith || close. Suns told them they wanted Bridges and if their guy was their at 16 let them know. So the Sixers called when the Suns were on the clock.

Apparently Ayton is a big fan of Bridges. And Bridges certainly performed, particularly in the final. But Bridges is a 2-3 sorta player and the Suns already have Devin Booker and Josh Jackson. Guess we'll see. :dunno:

The one thing I can say is that Zhaire has a lower floor but probably a higher ceiling because the dude is an insane athlete. So maybe this all works out? Dunno.