Sign in to follow this  
scottsind

1st year selecting a keeper. Advice from the veterans?

I get to keep 2 players for 2 years so after this year I will have to try and trade these players away.

I am keeping Hopkins for sure.

Dilemma is LeVeon Bell or Mike Evans for my second slot keeper.

My thoughts: Mike Evans is a target monster and I get to utilize him week 1.

LeVeon Bell is better trade bait the middle of this season or after the season when I am to get rid of him, but can't probably use him until the 5th game this season.

Bell is a top tier rb whereas at the 10th round pick in our draft I could get a WR that is of Mike Evans caliber (Kelvin, Keenan, Alshon.... etc). L. Bell would be tougher to replace.

Let me know your thoughts, leave a link, and I will dabble in your quandry. Thank you!

1) Best player

2) Younger player

3) position (RB or WR / QB / TE)

4) Next season

Ranked in order of importance, keep the player that ranks the highest. For you, that's Bell.

Bell is great when he plays. Unfortunately you never know when that is going to be. Hard to see him getting his act together and staying healthy at this point. He's already missing 4 games and If I were betting I would put the odds on him missing more than that. If you want to trade him he probably won't be higher than now or the week he's set to return and some other owner has already been hit by the injury bug.

Evans is a potential top 5 WR. Jameis Winston is going to be much better than people think this season I strongly believe.

WRs last a good bit longer than RBs in keeper leagues and Evans has less mileage.

I would take Evans.

1) Best player

2) Younger player

3) position (RB or WR / QB / TE)

4) Next season

Ranked in order of importance, keep the player that ranks the highest. For you, that's Bell.

:thumbsup:

This guy hit the mark with this post.

Bell is your man. don't let anyone tell you otherwise.