Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Colin Kaepernick named GQ’s citizen of the Year

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/colin-kaepernick-named-gq-citizen-143740846.html

Colin Kaepernick can’t get a job quarterbacking an NFL team, but he’s not lacking in recognition after GQ named the social justice icon its “Citizen of the Year.”
“In 2013, Colin Kaepernick was on the cover of this magazine because he was one of the best football players in the world. In 2017, Colin Kaepernick is on GQ's cover once again—but this time it is because he isn't playing football. And it's not because he's hurt, or because he's broken any rules, or because he's not good enough,” GQ said. “He is still, to this day, one of the most gifted quarterbacks on earth. And yet he has been locked out of the game he loves—blackballed—because of one simple gesture: He knelt during the playing of our national anthem. And he did it for a clear reason, one that has been lost in the yearlong storm that followed.”
In the article titled “Colin Kaepernick Will Not Be Silenced,” GQ compiled testimony from former teammates, educators, filmmakers, activists and entertainment icons to encapsulate the impact Kaepernick has had on social injustice over the last year since his peaceful protests before NFL games.
“You're talking about a guy in his athletic prime, who's lived his whole life dreaming about playing football at a level that millions of kids dream to get to,” rapper J. Cole said. “But then, at some point in time, he becomes conscious about what's happening in the world. And suddenly something that he's been doing blindly for his whole life—standing for the national anthem—now feels uncomfortable. Why? Because now it feels phony!”
Many spoke of his bravery and the how he’s seemingly blackballed by the league for his efforts, and others spoke of his character and mind.
“Colin is just a learned person. If you really sit and talk to him, he is a seeker of knowledge,” said Ameer Hasan Loggins, a writer and lecturer. “I think that Colin's convictions provide him with comfort. A comfort that some of us are uncomfortable with, because we're mad for him. We're upset to see somebody who gives a damn being treated so poorly.”

:doh:

GQ is now as bad as Play Boy and their transgender centerfold :thumbsdown:

Clearly the inmates are running the prison at GQ.

Slaves are running the plantation?

Leftists simply rushing to the cliff to throw themselves off of it. I have no problem with GQ doing this.

If it was Man of the Year it would seem more appropriate. He is/was the face of 2017s Conversation around NFL-Race.

But Citizen of the Year implies doing public service and positivity. And while Colin has done some of that with his organization so has a multitude of other athletes. All of whom dont wish America was more like Cuba, wear pig clothing and compare police to slave catchers.

So I call BullShiit on this.

So the citizen of the year is a guy who quits his mult-million dollar job and sues the industry when he cant find another multi-million dollar job. Pricelss!

GQ must be deliberately trolling / triggering the Trumpies with this one. :lol:

GQ must be deliberately trolling / triggering the Trumpies with this one. :lol:

I'm pretty sure most of us find it funny and sad at the same time.

If it was Man of the Year it would seem more appropriate. He is/was the face of 2017s Conversation around NFL-Race.

You can't say Man of the Year. That would be sexist.

“Colin Kaepernick Will Not Be Silenced,”

???

Didn't hairhead refuse to speak to the reporter they sent to interview him?

All these magazines are struggling for relevance these days. This certainly isn't the first or the last one to choose an idiotic and controversial subject.

I put it up there right about the same slot as Caitlin winning the courage award at ESPN.

I will no longer waste energy schooling you on why your opposition to GQ Magazines Colin Kaepernick cover reveals that you are small minded fool.

A decade from now your degenerate offspring will have Colin Kaepernick posters hanging on their dormitory walls right next to their Bob Marley records and Muhammad Ali tee-shirts.

You people (and yes, I meant you people in that way) do this every generation. Your parents disparaged the civil rights movement and its leaders the same way you now disparage the black lives matter movement and its leaders. History will remember you the same way it remembers the bigots who opposed the March on Washington: as losers.

If you had any sense, you would stop this foolishness right away and save yourself from the anals of history.

(edited and copied from a friend's Facebook post)

I actually find all of this rather amusing. Technically, this white-ish guy has managed not to stop police brutality but instead reveal why it's still so pervasive.

Carry on...

I guess he really did edge out Bowe Bergdahl.

I will no longer waste energy schooling you on why your opposition to GQ Magazines Colin Kaepernick cover reveals that you are small minded fool.

A decade from now your degenerate offspring will have Colin Kaepernick posters hanging on their dormitory walls right next to their Bob Marley records and Muhammad Ali tee-shirts.

You people (and yes, I meant you people in that way) do this every generation. Your parents disparaged the civil rights movement and its leaders the same way you now disparage the black lives matter movement and its leaders. History will remember you the same way it remembers the bigots who opposed the March on Washington: as losers.

If you had any sense, you would stop this foolishness right away and save yourself from the anals of history.

I actually find all of this rather amusing. Technically, this white-ish guy has managed not to stop police brutality but instead reveal why it's still so pervasive.

Carry on...

If my kids have a Kaep poster on their wall, then I agree. They are degenerates.
  • Like 1

It came down to those two and Harvey Weinstein. All 3 will have posters hanging up in the future, most likely wanted posters.

I wonder if Kaeps poster will feature him on the bench, watching Blaine Gabbert throw an INT

Carry on...

First and foremost, it's annals and not anals. That you and your friend both missed that is telling.

Secondly, you again show that you are one of the racists here. Your term "this white-ish guy" make it clear it's you who focus on the color of one's skin.

This is the BLM movement folks. It's not about equal treatment for they don't consider whites (or anyone) their equal. They're no different than the David Dukes of the world.

• Like 1

Carry on...

Pervasive? Im going to need some facts on that. There are millions of arrests every year what is your idea of pervasive? How many cases of unprovoked Police brutality are there every year? Why do you feel resisting arrest if OK? Why arent you concerned with Cop Killing and violence against innocent citizens?

Data released Monday from the FBI shows the number of violent crimes in the U.S. rose more than 4 percent in 2016, while the number of homicides increased by nearly 1,300 from 2015 to 2016 an increase of 8.1 percent.

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2017/09/25/fbi-violent-crime-rates-rise-again-due-part-chicago-homicides

The overall violent crime rate rose by 4.1%, and the homicide rate increased by 8.6%, FBI statistics show.

The 2016 rate of violent crimes - defined by the FBI as assault, rape, murder and robbery - represents the largest such rise in 25 years.

A total of 17,250 people were murdered in the US last year, according to the data.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41391333

Violent crime surges as arrests drop in Baltimore post-riots

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/23/violent-crime-surges-as-arrests-drop-in-baltimore-post-riots.html