Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

AIDS

All I know is in 6th grade health class I was told in the room of 20 students many will contract AIDS.

And without widespread education and the development of highly effective treatment that statement was probably accurate. Fortunately researchers and policy makers weren’t short sighted and realized the threat as it gained steam.

And without widespread education and the development of highly effective treatment that statement was probably accurate. Fortunately researchers and policy makers werent short sighted and realized the threat as it gained steam.

Yeah, that was some intricate education process. Wear a rubber and don't share needles. Class dismissed. Can I get my check?

Yeah, that was some intricate education process. Wear a rubber and don't share needles. Class dismissed. Can I get my check?

You have no idea. Even your boy GWB realized PEPFAR was smart.

And without widespread education and the development of highly effective treatment that statement was probably accurate. Fortunately researchers and policy makers weren’t short sighted and realized the threat as it gained steam.

Thank God. They scared the ghey right out of me. ;)

You have no idea. Even your boy GWB realized PEPFAR was smart.

Never voted for him. And yeah, Bono got him to pony up to fight aids in Africa. I'm good with that, even though

It's probably been futile. And even without any education on the subject the number of aids transmitted to heterosexual non iv drug using males via vaginal sex would be just about zero.

Never voted for him. And yeah, Bono got him to pony up to fight aids in Africa. I'm good with that, even though

It's probably been futile. And even without any education on the subject the number of aids transmitted to heterosexual non iv drug using males via vaginal sex would be just about zero.

You know nothing about the history of the disease - look up how heterosexual HIV cases in the US changed over time (spoiler alert! they went down dramatically). And then look up women's cases and maternal to fetal transmission.

I know you're trying tone down your original bigoted opinion, but you're still way off-base. How can you possibly know what would've happened without education?

You know nothing about the history of the disease - look up how heterosexual HIV cases in the US changed over time (spoiler alert! they went down dramatically). And then look up women's cases and maternal to fetal transmission.

I know you're trying tone down your original bigoted opinion, but you're still way off-base.

How did the Hetero males, in the US, contract the disease? Isn't the disease spread via blood? And link to my bigotry on the subject.

All I know is in 6th grade health class I was told in the room of 20 students many will contract AIDS.

They scared the schit out of kids. I remember the health class teacher saying it was essentially this easy - You get a paper cut and that cut comes in contact with someone's blood who is infected, you're focked. Also, if you have unprotected sex, getting a girl pregnant is the least of your concerns. You're getting the AIDS.

Health class teacher never talked about the ghey sex and getting AIDS. Very poor job educating people. :thumbsdown:

In your school, they put all of the gheys in one health class? :shocking:

Not sure if that is progressive or barbaric. Did they also have a special tranny bathroom for you? :lol:

Reread the thread. You and your buddies are claiming avoiding butt secks prevents AIDS.

certainly focking helps. you're semi retarded if you don't think so.

sound like that pedro dude from real world back in the day...he'd run around repeating "i didn't get aids from gay sex. i got it from unprotected sex" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the risk is way higher in a group of gay males running around having butt secks.

Remember back in 1990 (I think it was 1990 or around that time) when Hoprah got on her show and pontificated that in 10 years time 1 in 5 Americans who were heterosexuals woudl be dying of AIDS? Guess what Hoprah, you were wrong! Nobody has ever called her or the other AIDS breakng out into the heterosexual community out on their fear tactics.

Remember back in 1990 (I think it was 1990 or around that time) when Hoprah got on her show and pontificated that in 10 years time 1 in 5 Americans who were heterosexuals woudl be dying of AIDS? Guess what Hoprah, you were wrong! Nobody has ever called her or the other AIDS breakng out into the heterosexual community out on their fear tactics.

Same goes for the enviro nut jobs that were wrong.

Same goes for the enviro nut jobs that were wrong.

Agree.

Also, I bet it would take you about 4 seconds to Google search where our own government told us we were going to run out of fuel in about 10 years. That was about 1974.

Agree.

Also, I bet it would take you about 4 seconds to Google search where our own government told us we were going to run out of fuel in about 10 years. That was about 1974.

And don't forget RLLD and others yammering about peak oil in 2012/13 :lol:

its funny Pen argues this exactly the same as he argues guns

but but suicide, but but school shootings

on one hand its ban guns, but on the other side its not ban gays

But how are the rates in Alaska? That’s the only measuring stick that’s relevant in any topic.

Trust and believe the is no comparison between the money that goes to cancer compared to HIV/AIDS research. HIV funding year after year is reduced.

Good point. :first:

Its also funny how you guys just ignore the relevant data for both issues - suicides aren’t important, defensive gun use is frequent, who cares about gheys, women, people in Africa, etc.

I’ve never argued to ban guns, nor do I think school shootings are a particularly important reason for better gun regulation. And I advocate safe sex for straights and gheys - how would you go about banning them?

Its also funny how you guys just ignore the relevant data for both issues - suicides aren’t important, defensive gun use is frequent, who cares about gheys, women, people in Africa, etc.

I’ve never argued to ban guns, nor do I think school shootings are a particularly important reason for better gun regulation. And I advocate safe sex for straights and gheys - how would you go about banning them?

You should have learned a long time ago with this crowd. Humans who are not white US Males are NOT people and don't count.

You should have learned a long time ago with this crowd. Humans who are not white US Males are NOT people and don't count.

Yeah, we don't love our wives, sisters, daughters and mothers. What time is your vagina meeting?

Yeah, we don't love our wives, sisters, daughters and mothers. What time is your vagina meeting?

See the quotes below of some individual trying to change the conversation to hetero white US males...

How did the Hetero males, in the US, contract the disease? Isn't the disease spread via blood? And link to my bigotry on the subject.

See the quotes below of some individual trying to change the conversation to hetero white US males...

You see mysoginy or racial animus there ? Get new glasses. Never mentioned race, snowflake.

You see mysoginy or racial animus there ? Get new glasses. Never mentioned race, snowflake.

I guess I misinterpreted the many times we were told to not include Africa. So I'll change my statement...

"You should have learned a long time ago with this crowd. Humans who are not white US Males are NOT people and don't count."

Does that look better to you?

I guess I misinterpreted the many times we were told to not include Africa. So I'll change my statement...

"You should have learned a long time ago with this crowd. Humans who are not white US Males are NOT people and don't count."

Does that look better to you?

Well snowflake, it began with someone pointing out that at the height of the aids epedemic (scare) we were told that 1 in 5 would get aids. Showing that the chances of contracting aids are about zero for a heterosexual male who has vaginal intercourse and doesn't use iv drugs Knocks just about half of the population out of that equation, showing it was, and is, folly. You keep trying though. Maybe we can do crime stats next?

Well snowflake, it began with someone pointing out that at the height of the aids epedemic (scare) we were told that 1 in 5 would get aids. Showing that the chances of contracting aids are about zero for a heterosexual male who has vaginal intercourse and doesn't use iv drugs Knocks just about half of the population out of that equation, showing it was, and is, folly. You keep trying though. Maybe we can do crime stats next?

You're missing the whole point. The reason it's not as huge as people were afraid of is in large part because they made everyone afraid of it. The education and research that was done around it are a direct result of that fear. The reason you know that you're safe from it if you don't fock someone with the disease or share a needle with someone is related to the hysteria that was created 30 years ago.

You're missing the whole point. The reason it's not as huge as people were afraid of is in large part because they made everyone afraid of it. The education and research that was done around it are a direct result of that fear. The reason you know that you're safe from it if you don't fock someone with the disease or share a needle with someone is related to the hysteria that was created 30 years ago.

Oh, I thought you were just casually throwing around the racist and mysoginy charge at me and others. Lots of people do that now a days. Eye roll.

Oh, I thought you were just casually throwing around the racist and mysoginy charge at me and others. Lots of people do that now a days. Eye roll.

It was a backhanded way of pointing out that the thread started off globally (1/3 of the planet) and then was changed to heterosexual males in the US to support an argument. Then everyone gained up on Pen telling him he's stupid for saying it can affect everyone.

It was a backhanded way of pointing out that the thread started off globally (1/3 of the planet) and then was changed to heterosexual males in the US to support an argument. Then everyone gained up on Pen telling him he's stupid for saying it can affect everyone.

Thanks for a voice of reason, but these guys don’t want to get it. Anyone who knows anything about the history of HIV realizes otherwise.

Thanks for a voice of reason, but these guys dont want to get it. Anyone who knows anything about the history of HIV realizes otherwise.

HIV is transmitted through blood, right?

I feel like I'm talking to someone from BLM:

1. AIDS first appeared in significant concentrations in America from populations of Gay men engaging in openly promiscusous behavior, right?

2. AIDS to this day is found far and away more prevalently in gay male populations - despite funding, education and a 30 year media blitz. (see the numbers I posted)

"Yeah, but facts and numbers are homophobic!" :cry:

Geezus Crap, if some disease that caused people's noses to fall off started in Minnesota knitting circles and 30 years later, was still far more prevalent as a % of population among knitters... :wall:

HIV is transmitted through blood, right?

That would explain why all them vampire dudes from 'Twighlight' are Effing Queers.