Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

Steelers. Help a dumbass out

WTF was them staying in locker room during National Anthem.

What was the point ? Issue ?

Pro Kap ?

Anti Trump ?

Pro Kap ?

Anti Trump ?

Plenty of threads for this. The Titans and Seahawks stayed in too, ya know.

It's to protect the players. They don't have to choose to stand or kneel. It's the "we're not a part of this - either way - we're here to play football" team solution.

Pro Kap ?

Anti Trump ?

Obvious attempt at trying to drive one of the larger NFL followings away in disgust.

It's the "we're not a part of this - either way - we're here to play football" team solution.

They had one that went out during the Anthem with his hand over his heart. I'm guessing sales of his jersey will go through the roof while others will decline.

They're part of it and their fan base just took a big hit.

Plenty of threads for this. The Titans and Seahawks stayed in too, ya know.

It's to protect the players. They don't have to choose to stand or kneel. It's the "we're not a part of this - either way - we're here to play football" team solution.

I can see the logic in that I guess.

Personally, if Im the owner, Id walk in with a stack of game checks and a zippo. Anyone who kneels is suspended and their check gets donated to the wounded warrior project or some such.

They had one that went out during the Anthem with his hand over his heart. I'm guessing sales of his jersey will go through the roof while others will decline.

They're part of it and their fan base just took a big hit.

He served 3 tours in Afghanistan. He isn't about to disrespect the anthem. :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

I can see the logic in that I guess.

Personally, if Im the owner, Id walk in with a stack of game checks and a zippo. Anyone who kneels is suspended and their check gets donated to the wounded warrior project or some such.

Owners cant do that. They can cut the guy, but if hes decent he will be signed elsewhere

Owners cant do that. They can cut the guy, but if hes decent he will be signed elsewhere

They can do whatever they want. Suspend him for conduct detrimental.

Then say, be my guest. Hire a lawyer. Maybe youll get your checks years down the road.

They can do whatever they want. Suspend him for conduct detrimental.

Then say, be my guest. Hire a lawyer. Maybe youll get your checks years down the road.

Yeah, I guess the owners could burn the players paychecks. My instincts say the owner is then getting arrested for that move, but billionaires can afford legal defenses and whatnot.

Yeah, I guess the owners could burn the players paychecks. My instincts say the owner is then getting arrested for that move, but billionaires can afford legal defenses and whatnot.

Suspension voids those checks. But yeah, the theatrics of burning them probably goes a bit far.